Taylor Swift's 'Evermore' is back at #1, earns top sales week of 2021 as well

1 hour ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I love Taylor. And I’m always happy for her success. But this “digitally autographed” album with the willow remix was….. a choice :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Anyways, I love my evermore vinyl and my signed evermore cd. Haters can stay pressed :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

I spent money on Taylor more than Starbucks this year :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She won't. People are actually calling Billboard out cos she was able to sell the album for 4.99 and 3.99, they even shared articles that basically Billboard blasted Gaga for selling her album for .99 cents and basically said Gaga got reprimanded by Billboard while Taylor is allowed to do this. 

It's basically being called favoritism and it's showing now that while they'll allow her to discount her recent album to technically not allowed prices, Billboard allows it cos it's America's sweetheart, but nobody is allowed to this..

Which is why people said the charts are dead, not only cos of streaming, but how Billboard allows these tactics called cheating to happen..

The fact evermore was #71 last week to go back to #1 was only due to the huge discounts cos vinyls alone wouldn't have such a massive surge like this. 

Evermore has the BIGGEST vinyl sales in years. It even beat a record of biggest LP sale since 1991!

So yes. It is due pure LP sales. she sold over 100K copies of the LP whereas Sour by Olivia had 72K pure sales so yes, she outsold the #1 album already with JUST the vinyl so even if the discount wouldn't count, she'd still beat that...

she discounted the digital release only on iTunes as far as I know. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

All I know is go by the comments on social media, they just said pre orders shouldn't count 

But I think they really want her to fail, cos they want a failure and a good comeback story. 

15 years she hasn't had one flop, I think that's rare. As usually this is where the die hards are the only fans. But somehow the swifties remained loyal and I think it has to do with the one on one connection on a personal level from Taylor as she actually appreciates her fans and throws exclusive parties for lucky fans. 

11 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Why would she be desperate for her album to go number one when she's literally had three albums do it in less than a year? Literally every act is releasing vinyls now, its not Taylor's fault none of your faves can sell, yet alone break a 30 year old record with the vinyl of a six month old album.

Delusional.

Delusional? You're calling ME delusional?? When you clearly can not see your fave's complete desperation? What in the world of clownery? :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow: Literally everyone knew that Evermore would go back to the top position once the vinyls were shipped, so why did she then put out cassettes, "digitally autographed" CD's, Willow remixes, Discounted vinyls, alternative album covers CD's, and sell them all in prices lower than a batch of pencils :ahh: Just admit she is chart obsessed and go, it's not that hard ICouldntThinkOfOne :rip:

• Love 1

The clownery. She added several versions of the album last week on her site with alternate covers where she's swaying her arms in slightly different directions and that were supposedly "digitally autographed"... whatever the **** that means, so of course it was going to climb back up the charts when her stans got fooled into buying the same album with different wrapping.

The fact that she's so threatened by the success of other pop girls and had to stomp Olivia out of the top spot with cheap gimmicks after previously praising her shows exactly what kind of person she really is: a chart-obsessed fraud. 

I Said What I Said GIFs | Tenor

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

When you clearly can not see your fave's complete desperation? What in the world of clownery?

1 hour ago, Stefani said:

he fact that she's so threatened by the success of other pop girls

Even without the discounts, Taylor exceeded the 109k mark to push her back to the top. All albums go discounted after 6 months of release, it is not a big deal. Olivia not maintaining a #1 is not Taylor's fault. 

At this point charts are useless, but if Taylor was chart desperate, is that really a bad thing? She is building her own legacy, and she has a smart marketing team to push her up even more. She is a strong song writer, she has a gigantic impact,  and to be honest - after three wildly succeful eras - she did more in one year than other celebrities did their entire careers.  

• Like 1

Also, what is wrong with fans buying different versions and vinyls of their favorite artist? I have the Glory album, deluxe, and vinyl. I also bought last year the blackout and In The Zone vinyl cause they are dope.

Why is that bad if Taylor's fans did it? If she happens to have a strong fanbase willing to spend, why not?

25 minutes ago, maki93 said:

Even without the discounts, Taylor exceeded the 109k mark to push her back to the top. All albums go discounted after 6 months of release, it is not a big deal. Olivia not maintaining a #1 is not Taylor's fault. 

At this point charts are useless, but if Taylor was chart desperate, is that really a bad thing? She is building her own legacy, and she has a smart marketing team to push her up even more. She is a strong song writer, she has a gigantic impact,  and to be honest - after three wildly succeful eras - she did more in one year than other celebrities did their entire careers.  

I have no problem with her being chart desperate. I just said it isn't that great of a feat after she pulled up every gimmick up her sleeve to get it up to number 1 even though it already was projected to hit #1 with vinyls being shipped this week and her blind fans still defending her in the vein of her not being "obsessed with the charts anymore" :rip:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

The clownery. She added several versions of the album last week on her site with alternate covers where she's swaying her arms in slightly different directions and that were supposedly "digitally autographed"... whatever the that means, so of course it was going to climb back up the charts when her stans got fooled into buying the same album with different wrapping.

^^^

Why shouldn't taylor care about charts? It's her art its normal she wants to succeed and sell her music. Tho if she was that thirsty she would've milked folklore and released exile and the 1 as singles with proper videos. Also champagne problems or no body no crime. And no one can deny CRUEL SUMMER. But she kinda just released willow and forgot about evermore just like she did with cardigan. I'm happy evermore had its time to shine

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block