Nelly Furtado reissued Loose in a near 2 hour expanded edition.

Nelly Furtado Reissued Loose for its 15th anniversary edition, part of a Huge Timbaland run pop for a few years, This album, Future***/Lovesounds and Hard Candy by Madonna. Would be part of a few years in which can be described as You cant go anywhere without hearing a Timbaland record on MTV or the radio. 

Even his own album Shock Value was part of his dominance on the Billboard hot 100, this was before the comeback of Max Martin who would be bigger than his first wave of success. 

If anything Nelly Furtado was the fortunate one despite a few hits especially her Grammy winner "I'm like a bird" she wasn't a household name, her 2003 follow up "Folklore" under performed but a song called Promiscuous and a more urban based pop production made her a huge star in this time frame..

Loose remains to this date her most successful era worldwide, her only album in the US to top the Billboard top 200 and house a few #1 singles, she would make a spanish album, but the proper English follow up 2012's The Spirit Indestructible actually debuted at a dismal #72, only for interscope records and Universal Music group to drop her. She's independent now..

But the loose expanded reissue features new songs not released during the recording sessions, rare Spanish cut of all good things (come to an end) and new remixes including a remix of all good things  being pushed as the lead single of The expanded reissue..

Edited by Midnight
  • Like 2

I just recently spent about 50 bucks on one of nellys few vinyl releases, I believe it was exclusively released to Italy. It’s remixes of turn off the lights and I’m like a bird if anyone is interested  in it! I didn’t mean to buy it 

anyway thanks for sharing this, I had no idea. I did notice last year she released an expanded version of her debut. These reissues are just digital right?

6 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

You know what's funny? It features a cover of Crazy by Gnarls Barkley - a song that was blocked from hitting #1 for four weeks by none other than Promiscuous. And it never ended up going #1. The irony... :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

yeah but i bet they don't wanna compete with each other in any way in reality. im sure none of us care about this so exclusively

it is just her paying respect

just a warm and friendly reminder : )

so cool downloading a 236 mb file and hoping i get this

love Nelly  at least i think she is great

but in my memory she is not in forefront. i listen to certain popular songs from her so much and some not so popular. yet it feels it was far away, even if i see her from MTV and VH-1 sometimes.

she feels like a little more left to my childhood. when i was 18 minus i listened to her and hell i belonged with her music

39 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

She wasn't dropped by the label. She just stopped. She had a meltdown while on the Loose tour and couldn't handle the fame. The contract was done and she started her own label because she explicitely doesn't want to be famous. She wants just to drop tunes without all the promo and such.

I am Canadian and I had a friend in high school who was a camp councillor at this outdoor kind of camp (hiking? Etc). She told me that one of the girls there was the daughter of nelly furtado, this was probably 3-4 years ago.  Nelly is super normal and a mom. Timbaland also said that nelly is very focused on motherhood and doesn’t wanna go that big again. 

6 hours ago, Stefani said:

The album title that perfectly describes my southern orifice. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: Nelly was so huge back in the day and it's sad that she wasted all that good will by recording a Spanish album right after Loose's success. 

Mi Plan was successful in Latin American countries and she still had star power by the time she geared up to release The Spirit Indestructible... the problem was the music itself.

She chose her comeback single to be Big Hoops... wrong lead single choice. Parking Lot should have been the lead and it should have been promoted properly too.

But, Nelly can still make a comeback. There’s enough people that still listen to her previous works that would love to see her come back... maybe with something more mainstream and not like “The Ride” album.

• Like 3
On 6/6/2021 at 4:51 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Nelly Furtado Reissued Loose for its 15th anniversary edition, part of a Huge Timbaland run pop for a few years, This album, Future***/Lovesounds and Hard Candy by Madonna. Would be part of a few years in which can be described as You cant go anywhere without hearing a Timbaland record on MTV or the radio. 

Even his own album Shock Value was part of his dominance on the Billboard hot 100, this was before the comeback of Max Martin who would be bigger than his first wave of success. 

If anything Nelly Furtado was the fortunate one despite a few hits especially her Grammy winner "I'm like a bird" she wasn't a household name, her 2003 follow up "Folklore" under performed but a song called Promiscuous and a more urban based pop production made her a huge star in this time frame..

Loose remains to this date her most successful era worldwide, her only album in the US to top the Billboard top 200 and house a few #1 singles, she would make a spanish album, but the proper English follow up 2012's The Spirit Indestructible actually debuted at a dismal #72, only for interscope records and Universal Music group to drop her. She's independent now..

But the loose expanded reissue features new songs not released during the recording sessions, rare Spanish cut of all good things (come to an end) and new remixes including a remix of all good things  being pushed as the lead single of The expanded reissue..

thx for the info. didnt know that. courious about the design

try , Im like a bird and others made her a household name before 2006. the spanish version is widely known...

13 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Mi Plan was successful in Latin American countries and she still had star power by the time she geared up to release The Spirit Indestructible... the problem was the music itself.

She chose her comeback single to be Big Hoops... wrong lead single choice. Parking Lot should have been the lead and it should have been promoted properly too.

But, Nelly can still make a comeback. There’s enough people that still listen to her previous works that would love to see her come back... maybe with something more mainstream and not like “The Ride” album.

This! I never understood why Big Poops was released as lead, it's just so weird and random ( still love it tho)! Parking Lot is weird and quirky but commercial at the same time and definitely should've been the lead, followed by the title track and Waiting For The Night. 

On 6/6/2021 at 4:51 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

That's not true, at least for the EU. All songs after All Good Things were released as b-sides to her singles or as bonus tracks on the main album.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block