This Day in Pop: Christina Aguilera releases "Bionic"

On 7/8/2021 at 7:51 PM, Crabo Lavender Turmeric said:

It has some amazing tracks : Birds Of Prey, Little Dreamer, Stronger Than Ever, Prima Donna.... but a bit too much filler imo; also, why an album called Bionic had ballads that sounded like B2B rejects ? 

I don't understand why it is considered to be ahead of its time. It was actually of its time - When a few acts already did electropop - Kesha, Gaga, Spears, Black Eye Peas etc. 

Props to Xtina for standing up for her work tho :) If you love what you cooked, it's all that matters

My fav part of the Bionic era was when Xtina threw her gum at the audience XD

she was sick and threw a ricola to her assistantand because she couldnt just throw it on the stage.  Stop lying.  

• Content Curators
14 hours ago, Живак said:

the album was bland, generic, bad in unlistenable back in 2010, now even more. The production is flat and it's made from thrown electronic sounds without concept in the most non melodical way. The execution of album with like 20 tracks with only 2 good electronic songs and some ok ballads with the other style is even worse.

not you rebumping this thread just to slander :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I love this album. Monday Morning slaps :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

• Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Tbh I never understood why the album was hyped up as being futuristic and electronic prior to its release when at least 4 songs towards the middle of the album are slow ballads that have nothing to do with the album's general theme. This is why folks dragged the album - it wasn't consistent enough. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Tbh I never understood why the album was hyped up as being futuristic and electronic prior to its release when at least 4 songs towards the middle of the album are slow ballads that have nothing to do with the album's general theme. This is why folks dragged the album - it wasn't consistent enough. 

Because it supposted to be futuristic and electro, but actually it turned into experimental record. There's not that much electronica on Bionic, but only because its a long album. You could cut 10-12 songs for possible electropop album from it, so her words were acurate.

1. Bionic - experimental but a lot of electro sound in it

2. Not Myself Tonight - total electropop but with tribal twist

3. Elastic Love - futuristic, some kind of electronica

4. Desnudate - club song, but Gaga's Alejandro or idk were dance songs as well, so fitting

5. Glam - pop, but instrumental has electropop in it

6. Prima Donna - pop, but still electropop

7. I Hate Boys - listen to instrumental without vocals, its electropop

8. My Girls - electropop

9. Vanity - electropop

10. Monday Morning - experimental, but has some elements of electronica

11. Birds Of Prey - pure electronica

12. Little Dreamer - pure electronica

Woohoo its a urban song, but again, listen to instrumental there a lot of electropop in it. But i pass on that, because urban sound is dominating.

And it goes both ways - Madonna did American Life with electronica and stripped down ballads. So for some reasons its fitting like ying and yang.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block