This Day in Pop: Christina Aguilera releases "Bionic"

• Content Curators
5 hours ago, TheDukeDan said:

So happy I was able to finally receive this vinyl a few months ago! My favorite tracks are definitely Birds of Prey and Not Myself Tonight.

I didn't get a chance to get this one, it sold out real quick :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: 

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Let's not forget Perez Hilton and Gaga's friendship and ultimate goal to destroy this album, definitely did it's thing. 

Oddly both Cant be tamed and Bionic came at the heels of Gaga's superstar status and both flopped cos of fan campaigns spearheaded by this one time friendship, lucky for gaga she woke up and realized he was using her to destroy others. 

Though he tried to fix it with the justice for bionic, only to get called out saying he had a major hand In what happened to the project. 

• Like 2

I love all the songs, its my second favorite of xtina (before stripped), but yes its not cohesive (critics say that of stripped too), my versions;

Standard:

1. Wohoo

2. Not Myself Tonight

3. Bionic

4. Elastic Love

5. Blobblehead

6. Birds Of Pray

7. Morning Desert (Intro)

8. Monday Morning

9. My Girls

10. My Heart (Intro)

11. Little Dreamer

12. Lift Me Up

13. I Am

Or Deluxe/Doble Album:

CD 1: Pop

1. Wohoo

2. Not Myself Tonight

3. Desnudate

4. Love & Glamour (Intro)

5. Glam

6. Prima Donna

7. I Hate Boys

8. Vanity

9. s** For Breakfast

10. My Heart (Intro)

11. Lift Me Up

12. All I Need

13. I Am

14. You Lost Me

15. Stronger Than Ever

CD 2: Experimental

1. Bionic

2. Elastic Love

3. Bobblehead

4. Morning Desert (Intro)

5. Monday Morning

6. My Girls

7. Birds Of Pray

8. Little Dreamer

But before all these years i love the original form of the album.

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, mythology said:

Hated everything about this album.  The lead single was garbage and there were.no standout tracks.  Im glad it flopped:tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

:juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde: I'm gonna pretend like I never saw this only because you stan Beyonce.

• Haha 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• 1 month later...

I honestly LOVED Bionic and I think it’s a highly underrated album. I think it was unfair for Gaga fans to label her as copying Gaga when Gaga herself was accused of copying Madonna. Everyone borrows from each other to some degree or can find inspiration in their peers or the trends of the time. I loved the songs and the direction of the era. Her look was FLAWLESS! 

To those who are still finding reasons to hate on her, just remember who used their platform to advocate for Britney. Stop with the pettiness. If you’ve nothing nice to say keep it to your negative self. 

• Love 3

It has some amazing tracks : Birds Of Prey, Little Dreamer, Stronger Than Ever, Prima Donna.... but a bit too much filler imo; also, why an album called Bionic had ballads that sounded like B2B rejects ? 

I don't understand why it is considered to be ahead of its time. It was actually of its time - When a few acts already did electropop - Kesha, Gaga, Spears, Black Eye Peas etc. 

Props to Xtina for standing up for her work tho :) If you love what you cooked, it's all that matters

My fav part of the Bionic era was when Xtina threw her gum at the audience XD

• Haha 2
  • 6 months later...

the album was bland, generic, bad in unlistenable back in 2010, now even more. The production is flat and it's made from thrown electronic sounds without concept in the most non melodical way. The execution of album with like 20 tracks with only 2 good electronic songs and some ok ballads with the other style is even worse.

• Haha 1
On 6/4/2021 at 7:53 AM, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Do you think Christina could go the more ballad driven route that Adele and Sam Smith have? Or do you think she's too known as a dancing, singing live pop star that the audience wouldn't want just a ballads girl? 

she totally should her best performances and new songs these days are ballads. She cant be bothered to get in shape or learn choreography so why not?

a live show full of this would be amazing!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block