This Day in Pop: Christina Aguilera releases "Bionic"

• Content Curators

Bionic is Christina Aguilera's sixth studio album. It was released on June 4, 2010. The album debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 and number one in the UK. It has sold over 1.15 million tracks in the United States and is certified Gold.

The album produced four singles "Not Myself Tonight," "Woohoo," "You Lost Me" and " I Hate Boys." However, only "Not Myself Tonight" and "You Lost Me" had music videos recorded and "I Hate Boys" was released exclusively in Oceania.

Bionic was inspired by Christina's love of electronic subgenres and described as futurepop by many critics. In a recent interview she stated that Bionic is "all about being unabashedly yourself."

Exhale, is Bionic still ahead of it's time? Let's celebrate!

What's your favorite track from this electropop masterpiece?

CAB.JPG.c13d7228a0981feb514efe70b9c55ea2.JPG

• Love 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Bionic was ahead of it's time...according to Xtina. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

I always thought Bionic should have been a double disc album. As a whole, it wasn't cohesive but one disc would have the dance, more top 40 friendly tracks and the second disc would have the more experimental material. Back when burning CDs was a thing, I made my own double disc version. 

Disc 1

1. Bionic
  2. Vanity
  3. Not Myself Tonight
  4. You Lost Me
  5. I Am
  6. Woohoo
  7. Prima Donna
  8. Desnudate
  9. Morning Dessert (Intro)
  10. S/ex for Breakfast
  11. Lift Me Up
  12.  I Am (stripped)

Disc 2

1. Birds of Prey
  2. Monday Morning
  3. Elastic Love
  4. Little Dreamer
  5. Love & Glamour (Intro)
  6. Glam
  7. My Girls
  8. Bobblehead
  9. I Hate Boys
  10. My Heart (Intro)
  11. Stronger than Ever
  12. All I Need
  • Content Curators
42 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

f30428fdac4bbe35bd38ebce2e78d854.gif

Not me just realizing she worked with Max Martin on "Your Body" :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised: that's one of my fave Xtina songs.

Also I had never noticed her hair on this gif/interview :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: that's a bad cut.

• Haha 2

• Super Mods

I like this album, I think its pretty cool.

However I will say its NOT ahead of its time, its definitely OF its time cause

electropop was SUPER popular back in the early 2010s.

I can also see why critics compared her to Lady Gaga,

the aesthetic and sound seems like The Fame.

I think that when an album flops, most singers tend to use the "too ahead of its time" excuse for

their own personal ego and for they wont look like failures.

Btw my fave songs on there are: Not Myself Tonight, You Lost Me and Woohoo

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
44 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Bionic was ahead of it's time...according to Xtina.

I always thought Bionic should have been a double disc album. As a whole, it wasn't cohesive but one disc would have the dance, more top 40 friendly tracks and the second disc would have the more experimental material. Back when burn CDs was a thing, I made my own double disc version. 

Mhmm :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I completetly agree, The album was kinda of a mess, I actually enjoy more of the ballads from this album but Bionic was not presented as such so a lot of it's gems ended up not getting any attention.

Edited by Midnight

The controversy when Lady Gaga had Perez Hilton sabotage Christina's career (allegedly) 

Lady Gaga Responds to Xtina's VMA Performance - Perez Hilton

☕️ on Twitter: "Why Perez Hilton MUST be stopped. a thread… "

https://perezhilton.com/the-top-10-worst-lyrics-on-bionic/

Although we’re sure this is just the beginning, the Top 10 worst lyrics on Floptina‘s Bionic have been chronicled – and they’re HIGHlarious!
Clonetina’s worst are:

10. The old me is gone, I feel brand new / And if you don't like it f/uck you - Not Myself Tonight
9. Strawberry cream is like a dream, my fantasy is reality / When the morning comes, I know that I will, too - s** for Breakfast
8. Hit up prince charming, tell him give me a call / Never mind, screw him / Cause I found somebody better / Never mind, screw him / I make myself so much wetter. - Vanity
7. Boys suck, make me sick / Inflated egos, little ****s / Use them up, spit - I Hate Boys
6. You talkin out your *** like a wobblehead, you bobblehead - Bobblehead
5. All the boys think it cake when they taste my (woohoo)/ You don't even need a plate, just your face, ha (woohoo)/ Licky, licky, yum yum (woohoo)c - Woo Hoo
4. Thank you Mom and Daddy, cause I turn myself on - Vanity
3. And now I take myself to be my lawfully wedded ***** - Vanity
2. They're only good for fruit, I mean bananas / Them boys so nuts, they're drivin me bananas - I Hate Boys
1. A rubber band was an analogy / You could even say it's a metaphor - Elastic Love

Ha! Mayjah fail.

• Haha 4
13 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Mhmm :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I completetly agree, The album was kinda of a mess, I actually enjoy more of the ballads from this album but Bionic was not presented as such so a lot of it's gems ended up not getting any attention.

Do you think Christina could go the more ballad driven route that Adele and Sam Smith have? Or do you think she's too known as a dancing, singing live pop star that the audience wouldn't want just a ballads girl? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block