"Sour" Exceeds Expectations Debuting At #1 With Nearly 300k SPS Sales & Becomes 2021's Biggest Debut Week Sales Surpassing Taylor Swift!

3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

@Blackout2006 you're going to be proud of me. I ordered a signed cd/cassette bundle and it arrived! Loving Good 4 U!

My package legit smells of sour sweets! Loved that touch.

I think her album will do well, i'm pretty sure it'll hit Number 1 in the UK.

Oh, that reminds me of the Teenage Dream CDs smelling like actual cotton candy :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I wish I could get one too physically but it's explicit unfortunately! D: The album is still pretty good tho :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

Also, if u liked G4Y, then you should listen to Brutal!

31 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait why u don't like it?

41 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I love the song but I hate the lyric, "happy and healthy", because it sounds corny to me. Why would she care about her ex's health. If it was just, "you look happy", and another word it would have been better IMO. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

33 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

That would be a dream :melt_weird_drift_wow: Honestly, pop rock suits Olivia so much. Her voice blends well with it too. With songs like Brutal, Deja Vu and Good 4 U her voice and talent usually shines with those type of records and guess what? they are mainly pop rock records so yeah I for sure agree with you. Disco-rock would be cool too :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

Agreed. The reason I also brought up alternative rock is I think if she kept a bit of her influences that way, she would keep some of the fans she retained with her debut. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh, that reminds me of the Teenage Dream CDs smelling like actual cotton candy :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

I wish I could get one too physically but it's explicit unfortunately! D: The album is still pretty good tho :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

Also, if u liked G4Y, then you should listen to Brutal!

Why can't you get it because it's explicit? Yeah it's a good album! I think she definitely chose the right singles.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I think the only pop girls who have managed to dabble that are Billie and Ariana Grande.

and still, out of those two, I think Ariana would be the most recognized, not only because she's been here for longer, but because of her acting gigs. It wasn't instant though, but after many years, I think more people recognize her around the world.

Billie, for example, I don't think I've ever seen her mentioned in any Latin American publication or tv show, unless it's a music oriented show, I guess. Like, I don't think if you mentioned her name to an average person, they would know who you're talking about or a song from hers. Ariana Grande, I don't think people could mention any song either if they're not into her stuff, but they'd probably recognize her from pictures and such, or one of her tv roles.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

and still, out of those two, I think Ariana would be the most recognized, not only because she's been here for longer, but because of her acting gigs. It wasn't instant though, but after many years, I think more people recognize her around the world.

Billie, for example, I don't think I've ever seen her mentioned in any Latin American publication or tv show, unless it's a music oriented show, I guess. Like, I don't think if you mentioned her name to an average person, they would know who you're talking about or a song from hers. Ariana Grande, I don't think people could mention any song either if they're not into her stuff, but they'd probably recognize her from pictures and such, or one of her tv roles.

Well from what I have seen, Billie is a pretty global act. In the Asian world, she is pretty much very well-known for her debut (When We All bla bla bla) era and 5 grammy wins. 

In a global map I have seen, the Latin market isn't one of her best performing markets which results you in saying people don't recognize her that well.

Global Heatmap Billie Eilish Rank

Plus, they even mentioned this in the site:

If these markets rank among her lowest ones it’s simply because she is doing even better elsewhere.

Most countries also enjoy a strength between 0.5 and 2.0 of the scale (1.0 stands for the average). In concrete words, her reach is large enough so that no country can really outdo her global results

But considering it is just her debut, this is actually pretty good. So we can imagine how it would be by her third or fourth era :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I love the song but I hate the lyric, "happy and healthy", because it sounds corny to me. Why would she care about her ex's health. If it was just, "you look happy", and another word it would have been better IMO. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Ah that makes sense for why u hate it. Yeah, I also think in that context she should have included a better lyric. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Agreed. The reason I also brought up alternative rock is I think if she kept a bit of her influences that way, she would keep some of the fans she retained with her debut. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

That genre would also sound really good on her :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair: But I feel she will start experimenting with that sound somewhere later in her career like the 3rdor fourth era. For some reason, I feel like she will play safe in her second era.

10 hours ago, Slayer said:

Why can't you get it because it's explicit? Yeah it's a good album! I think she definitely chose the right singles.

Well, the CD and vinyl player is located in the living room, so if my family hears the swear words... :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Yeah, it still remains a pretty good album for a debut. It's a 7/10 for me :lustney_britney_glory_mm_make_me_shy_flirt_finger_bite_hat:

Spoiler

But Traitor is :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

13 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well from what I have seen, Billie is a pretty global act. In the Asian world, she is pretty much very well-known for her debut (When We All bla bla bla) era and 5 grammy wins. 

In a global map I have seen, the Latin market isn't one of her best performing markets which results you in saying people don't recognize her that well.

Global Heatmap Billie Eilish Rank

Plus, they even mentioned this in the site:

But considering it is just her debut, this is actually pretty good. So we can imagine how it would be by her third or fourth era :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

yeah, I don't doubt she's got big numbers, and that's great

however, I go back to what I always say, even the biggest of the acts nowadays, can still pass unnoticed to someone who simply isn't into whatever is making it big on the mainstream, because of the individualized way we consume music or other forms of entertainment these days. In other words, yes, there's a lot of people listening to her, or any other big act today, but then how many people are NOT listening to her, or don't even have idea who she is? In my opinion that's where you really measure the transcendence and influence of someone, when even people that don't like a particular artist or song, still know about it, and know it very well to the point they can form a strong opinion on whether they like it or not.

Me for example, after all these threads on Exhale etc, still couldn't recognize a single song by her. I listen to music every day, I watch youtube all day and I'm always avoiding recommendations, and somehow, Billie has never crossed my path, not even for me to avoid her.

Back in the day, people from all ages, all cultures, all tastes knew who Britney was, for example, because she was unavoidable. If someone liked rock music for example, and they were watching MTV to catch their faves, they 100% were going to stumble upon Britney one way or another. And unless they listened to a very specialized station, it was the same on the radio. Then there was public places like stores and malls, or random tv channels talking about her, magazines, etc. Even the lesser artists, you knew who they were and you knew they were flopping. Nowadays, if someone flops, you most likely won't even know they were a thing in the first place.

And again, is not that artists are necessarily worse today than back then, but the way of consumption just changed, so someone can be super big and pulling huge numbers, and still be nonexistent to a large number of the population, even larger than the people that actually listen to them. Is not just Billie, but like any of the current artists, heck, even if Britney released something that magically became super "successful" in terms of numbers, probably a lot of people that aren't into pop music still wouldn't know about it.

• Like 1

Because she’s alluding to her own or his personal issues … with either addictions, obesity, mental illness etc.. but it’s also sarcastic, like… you look “happy” and “healthy” … it’s corny to emphasize she’s not actually (serious) happy for him. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

My predictions - It will debut with around 80k sales, 65-70k of them with streaming and 5-15k pure sales :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

20 hours ago, Invitation said:

Her pure sales won’t be high.

she can’t even sold out her signed bundles.

however, her streaming will be really strong.

14 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

It's gonna smash I can feel it :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

14 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Taylor can’t let her cat flop so she will come in and buy 100,000 copies at the last minute :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

14 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

TBH, the singles are the best part of the album. I listened to the album tracks and it's nothing special at all. The lyricism isn't any better than any other pop star, it just covers different topics. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Like I've literally seen people say Olivia is the Alanis Morissette of this generation, but that's just completely untrue. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

I listened to the first track, "Brutal", and IDK why literally that song should have been my fave but I lowkey extremely disliked the way it was narrated. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

14 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

* stops reading, leaves the thread *

13 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

My guess is 62,000 copies in the US.

12 hours ago, Slayer said:

@Blackout2006 you're going to be proud of me. I ordered a signed cd/cassette bundle and it arrived! Loving Good 4 U!

My package legit smells of sour sweets! Loved that touch.

I think her album will do well, i'm pretty sure it'll hit Number 1 in the UK.

12 hours ago, Tprez said:

300 k! 

11 hours ago, comeback kid said:

I’m going to go on a limb and say 145,000 (80k pure sales ) 

Everyone is talking about it 

Numbers are in! The album is predicted to debut with 195k-220k SPS units, with 60k-70k sales being pure sales alone! :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well, the CD and vinyl player is located in the living room, so if my family hears the swear words... :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Yeah, it still remains a pretty good album for a debut. It's a 7/10 for me :lustney_britney_glory_mm_make_me_shy_flirt_finger_bite_hat:

Reveal hidden contents

But Traitor is :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

How old are you? My parents don't care if there are swear words or not.

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, DearBritney00 said:

But you could still own the CD and only play it on your phone.

How do you do it with Brintey's albums? Glory and BJ are explicit.

Well, digitally I can pretty much listen to explicit records. Also, I mainly buy CDs to listen to them, rather not as collectibles like others do so I find it a waste to just buy it and not use it, considering CD's are around 65 bucks where I live. So that is one for the matter.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block