"Sour" Exceeds Expectations Debuting At #1 With Nearly 300k SPS Sales & Becomes 2021's Biggest Debut Week Sales Surpassing Taylor Swift!

4 hours ago, Korb said:

Well said. I don't live vicariously through artists myself but I do like to troll sometimes with my overwhelming and over the top support for Olivia because it's funny seeing how her sudden success gets a rise out of people on this board. It really is just for the f*ckery of it all for me lol. The irony is that people said similar things about Brit during her debut. It's a cyclical thing being hostile towards new artists from a younger generation. It's always the same ole' ****.

Though I secretly do root for her because...why not? She's young and seems really kind and I can see her appeal even though her music is not exactly my gig. :)

Hahaha! You evil! Yeah, I don't love her but I can't understand the hatred. If someone trolls Demi Lovato, I can understand why, but this girl is what, 5 months old in the public eye? So far nothing particularly bad has been done so as you say, I guess is just part of the defense mechanisms between generations putting older younger and back again down. "You are too old" "you are too young" blah blah blah. Did Billie Eillish elicit the same level of anger here? I have the impression she did not. 

8 hours ago, waynebradybyday said:

Just my opinion, but I think this will probably put her star power somewhere around Camila Cabello, but perhaps a bit higher, but not on a Billie Eilish level? Cabello debuted lower overall with CAMILA earning 119K equivalent album units however pure sales were roughly the same as Olivia at 65K.

I'm comparing them because Camila is still kind of a new, budding pop-girl (even though she's had big hits, she's still not a MAIN pop girl) and they both have been groomed and co-signed by Taylor (perhaps Camila moreso).

It will be interesting to see what lane Olivia takes, because I think there's only so much of this emo vibe that people can take, but who knows with teenagers these days.

I mean, obviously, she hasn't reached Billie's level. The WWAFA,WDWG? era was a massive era and is even the most successful era of the past 5 years. I think she really set the standards high for her peers and Olivia, and that too, Billie is an album-seller and even in that, Billie triumphs over Olivia. Now the stakes are too high for Olivia also, since her second era is yet to come and we don't know if she will fade out as an one era wonder or someone that is here to stay for sometime.

• Content Curators
15 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Olivia also, since her second era is yet to come and we don't know if she will fade out as an one era wonder or someone that is here to stay for sometime.

Rumors are speculating that she's already thinking of her second album, possibly could be titled "Sweet" 

24LQ.gif

I don't think she should take that long to release something new she could lose momentum and then I won't be able to brag anymore.

24LQ.gif

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

On 5/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s embarrassing that more than half of her sales are streaming equivalent sales. Like 60-70k in PURE SALES. I get it if she wasn’t debuting at number one, but when you’re on SNL, have the queen of twisting the media and streaming industry and her fans backing you up you can’t even sell 100K in pure sales? I have to laugh :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Lol... well... most people stream nowadays. The only people buying albums are the people who enjoy collecting vinyls because CD's have become practically nonexistent. 

• Like 1

I've given the album a few listens and a few songs have grown on me. I really like Deja Vu and Good 4 U a lot. Jealousy, Jealousy is a new favorite. I like the more pop punk songs than the ballads. I still think the album is too slow for my liking so I really only enjoy the more upbeat songs. I'd give the full project like a 7/10. Solid for a debut and I think she can only go up from here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block