"Sour" Exceeds Expectations Debuting At #1 With Nearly 300k SPS Sales & Becomes 2021's Biggest Debut Week Sales Surpassing Taylor Swift!

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait, I don't get what u mean :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

It’s embarrassing that more than half of her sales are streaming equivalent sales. Like 60-70k in PURE SALES. I get it if she wasn’t debuting at number one, but when you’re on SNL, have the queen of twisting the media and streaming industry and her fans backing you up you can’t even sell 100K in pure sales? I have to laugh :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It’s embarrassing that more than half of her sales are streaming equivalent sales. Like 60-70k in PURE SALES. I get it if she wasn’t debuting at number one, but when you’re on SNL, have the queen of twisting the media and streaming industry and her fans backing you up you can’t even sell 100K in pure sales? I have to laugh :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

The majority of Dua's album sales are literally streams:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Haha 4
7 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

The majority of Dua's album sales are literally streams:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

And did she debut at number one? Does she have other big females endorsing her? Is she not being sabotaged by Billboard themselves? I knew someone was gonna bring Dua’s name into this, but idc. Dua’s albums in physical formats still sell out. The majority of her albums you’re going to pay top dollar from third party sellers if you want to get your hands on them. Plus Dua didn’t have this debut album campaign in the US so we will see where this girl stands in a few years. Whether she will be impactful or not :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 2

Pretty good for a newbie, although she's Taylor's horcrux, so maybe Taylor secretly helped out by buying a few thousand copies. And are bundles still a thing? Because I thought BB made a new rule last year that made bundles no longer count towards the charts?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stefani said:

Pretty good for a newbie, although she's Taylor's horcrux, so maybe Taylor secretly helped out by buying a few thousand copies. And are bundles still a thing? Because I thought BB made a new rule last year that made bundles no longer count towards the charts?

Nope. Bundles are no more counted in sales of albums.

13 hours ago, Arcticlover said:

70k pure is bad? You guys realise she's new and it's huge for her?????

This. Glory by Britney had ca. 88.000 pure sales. Britney, who's a pop veteran. 70K for a newcoming artist and debut album in this digital age is anything BUT bad.

Also need to take the covid crisis into consideration. Many people aren't gonna run to the store for a CD with a pandemic. So yeah. I actually expected her sales to be around 30K.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, sutramaya said:

Off topic but her album cover is so bad. Like I thought Born This Way album cover with Gaga changed her body into a bike was already bad but little did I know covering face, tongue with stickers is equivalent to horrifying 😬

I so agree!! The cover is horrible. It doesn't even suit the theme of the album sonically.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block