"Sour" Exceeds Expectations Debuting At #1 With Nearly 300k SPS Sales & Becomes 2021's Biggest Debut Week Sales Surpassing Taylor Swift!

On 5/23/2021 at 4:54 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And did she debut at number one? Does she have other big females endorsing her? Is she not being sabotaged by Billboard themselves? I knew someone was gonna bring Dua’s name into this, but idc. Dua’s albums in physical formats still sell out. The majority of her albums you’re going to pay top dollar from third party sellers if you want to get your hands on them. Plus Dua didn’t have this debut album campaign in the US so we will see where this girl stands in a few years. Whether she will be impactful or not :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Future Nostalgia isn't selling pure album copies and that's fine:staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: No female artist is selling pure album copies anymore except for Tayfad, everyone else relies on streams and singles to carry their projects including Dua & the new has-been Ariana Grande:quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Haha 1

I don't see how 70k is bad. First of all, she's a Gen Z darling - I don't see teens going out of their way to buy CDs in 2021 unless they're a big fan of someone. Second of all, she's a streaming artist without a solid fanbase, which also relates to the first point. If anything, I expected less sales. Y'all must be some miserable-azz ****s. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I don't see how 70k is bad. First of all, she's a Gen Z darling - I don't see teens going out of their way to buy CDs in 2021 unless they're a big fan of someone. Second of all, she's a streaming artist without a solid fanbase, which also relates to the first point. If anything, I expected less sales. Y'all must be some miserable-azz ****s. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I’m not miserable, make good money, live a happy life, but am free and able to have opinions about this girl who is being handed everything on a silver platter :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: the fact she has stans already going to war for her is :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’m not miserable, make good money, live a happy life, but am free and able to have opinions about this girl whose being handed everything on a silver platter :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: the fact she has stans already going to war for her is :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

I mean, I'll give it to you that my comment was a hasty generalization, but I just don't understand why so many people go out of their way to constantly trash-talk someone who is living their best life. I guess I'm becoming annoying with this whole "why be so negative" shtick (especially since I used to give Jordan **** for it), but I really don't get the point of all these endless, vitriol-filled discussions about an 18-year-old girl who is getting to live out her dream. I wish my underrated faves could achieve the same amount of "undeserved" success, so I'm happy for her. Moreover, I'm anything but a stan - I still haven't listened to any of her songs, and the only opinion I have of her is that she's pretty.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I mean, I'll give it to you that my comment was a hasty generalization, but I just don't understand why so many people go out of their way to constantly trash-talk someone who is living their best life. I guess I'm becoming annoying with this whole "why be so negative" shtick (especially since I used to give Jordan **** for it), but I really don't get the point of all these endless, vitriol-filled discussions about an 18-year-old girl who is getting to live out her dream. I wish my underrated faves could achieve the same amount of "undeserved" success, so I'm happy for her. Moreover, I'm anything but a stan - I still haven't listened to any of her songs, and the only opinion I have of her is that she's pretty.

I’m sure Olive sleeps soundly at night not knowing what anyone is writing about her on exhale just like I sleep soundly exercising my right to an opinion 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, alexxxx said:

Future Nostalgia isn't selling pure album copies and that's fine:staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: No female artist is selling pure album copies anymore except for Tayfad, everyone else relies on streams and singles to carry their projects including Dua & the new has-been Ariana Grande:quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

Even Billie is very good when it comes to selling pure copies. Vinyl copies of her debut record were the best-selling vinyl of 2019 :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

On 5/24/2021 at 8:34 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

You're not wrong, I just don't see the point. But then again, Exhell is pointless in general.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’m sorry I pressed your buttons 

U guys rn

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

:hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Me after realizing how big of a clown I am for defending an artist I don't even care about in the slightest:

HELPPPPPP LOOOOL love you guys 

but I also actually quite like some of the songs from this album and think it’s good that ppl younger than us have this kind of music to also listen to

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block