"Sour" Exceeds Expectations Debuting At #1 With Nearly 300k SPS Sales & Becomes 2021's Biggest Debut Week Sales Surpassing Taylor Swift!

• Content Curators
25 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I'm afraid Olivia's success is going "brutal" on them 24LQ.gif

and it made them "SOUR" poor things

24LQ.gif

Just imagine when she goes on tour and shatters even more records

24LQ.gif

This place 

24LQ.gif

I-

24LQ.gif

• Haha 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

I am going to be the annoying Debbie Downer here. Also, a very stupid question cause at the end of the day, this whole "let's discuss celebs" is totally useless and it's nothing more than distraction, but... Why do some people get so incredibly hooked on someone else's success? For better and worse. Those who are going super crazy happy about her success (I mean cool, it's nice that you have no problems with ppl winning, but that is it) as well as those who are hating on her (I mean cool, you dislike the chick and it's perfectly fine, but that is it) I understand that sometimes, when somebody feels pushed and "planted", it can be bothersome cause it kind of speaks of a hidden privilege, something that some perceive as unearned, but do you really really care so much? I honestly have never understood fanss' extreme excitement or anger towards their favs and non-favs. I think an awful lot of energy is consumed in those discussions.

When you wake up tomorrow, whether she sells 100k or 10, your life will be as fabulous or horrible as it was before. I don't know, I just think sometimes people pay too much attention to... Useless things? I am not trying to come off as "superior" cause it's actually the opposite. It is just genuine curiosity. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Bigno said:

I am going to be the annoying Debbie Downer here. Also, a very stupid question cause at the end of the day, this whole "let's discuss celebs" is totally useless and it's nothing more than distraction, but... Why do some people get so incredibly hooked on someone else's success? For better and worse. Those who are going super crazy happy about her success (I mean cool, it's nice that you have no problems with ppl winning, but that is it) as well as those who are hating on her (I mean cool, you dislike the chick and it's perfectly fine, but that is it) I understand that sometimes, when somebody feels pushed and "planted", it can be bothersome cause it kind of speaks of a hidden privilege, something that some perceive as unearned, but do you really really care so much? I honestly have never understood fanss' extreme excitement or anger towards their favs and non-favs. I think an awful lot of energy is consumed in those discussions.

When you wake up tomorrow, whether she sells 100k or 10, your life will be as fabulous or horrible as it was before. I don't know, I just think sometimes people pay too much attention to... Useless things? I am not trying to come off as "superior" cause it's actually the opposite. It is just genuine curiosity. 

It's just for fun

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bigno said:

Several reasons.  Most people don't have any success of their own, so they cling on to celebrities success to fill them of that void.

Others are just as bad, envious and jealous of others that are doing well, and spit out hate to make them feel better.

This describes most users on exhale, sadly:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mythology said:

Several reasons.  Most people don't have any success of their own, so they cling on to celebrities success to fill them of that void.

Others are just as bad, envious and jealous of others that are doing well, and spit out hate to make them feel better.

This describes most users on exhale, sadly:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Yeah, I think for those who fight with one another and get so heated, it is about those two reasons you mentioned. I hate generalizations, but in my life, some of the people I know who are more than fans, those who are consumed by an artist's whereabouts and accomplishments are some of the people with the most difficult or challenging lives or who feel they have achieved absolutely nothing themselves. They live vicariously through people that don't even know they exist. 

The only part where I disagree with you is that I don't think everyone in Exhale is like that. First, there are too many members to know what each is about and second, I have personally encountered very objective, smart, open and fun members with whom a debate is totally possible and full of respect. I love that.  But definitely, a good number of members fall into certain traps, like this thread shows somewhat clearly, I guess. 

12 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

It's just for fun

In principle, but some people get extremely railed up and they don't seem fun at all. They act as if they were the ones being affected by this directly. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Bigno said:

Yeah, I think for those who fight with one another and get so heated, it is about those two reasons you mentioned. I hate generalizations, but in my life, some of the people I know who are more than fans, those who are consumed by an artist's whereabouts and accomplishments are some of the people with the most difficult or challenging lives or who feel they have achieved absolutely nothing themselves. They live vicariously through people that don't even know they exist. 

The only part where I disagree with you is that I don't think everyone in Exhale is like that. First, there are too many members to know what each is about and second, I have personally encountered very objective, smart, open and fun members with whom a debate is totally possible and full of respect. I love that.  But definitely, a good number of members fall into certain traps, like this thread shows somewhat clearly, I guess. 

In principle, but some people get extremely railed up and they don't seem fun at all. They act as if they were the ones being affected by this directly. 

I agree with you completely, very well said:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Bigno said:

Well said. I don't live vicariously through artists myself but I do like to troll sometimes with my overwhelming and over the top support for Olivia because it's funny seeing how her sudden success gets a rise out of people on this board. It really is just for the f*ckery of it all for me lol. The irony is that people said similar things about Brit during her debut. It's a cyclical thing being hostile towards new artists from a younger generation. It's always the same ole' ****.

Though I secretly do root for her because...why not? She's young and seems really kind and I can see her appeal even though her music is not exactly my gig. :)

• Haha 1

Just my opinion, but I think this will probably put her star power somewhere around Camila Cabello, but perhaps a bit higher, but not on a Billie Eilish level? Cabello debuted lower overall with CAMILA earning 119K equivalent album units however pure sales were roughly the same as Olivia at 65K.

I'm comparing them because Camila is still kind of a new, budding pop-girl (even though she's had big hits, she's still not a MAIN pop girl) and they both have been groomed and co-signed by Taylor (perhaps Camila moreso).

It will be interesting to see what lane Olivia takes, because I think there's only so much of this emo vibe that people can take, but who knows with teenagers these days.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block