Shakira could reportedly face jail-time for tax evasion charges

• Leader

shakira-taxes.jpg.7df7508638d2a060b4488443ac0107f0.jpg

Shakira could reportedly face jail time for tax evasion in Spain.

The Spanish government found Shakira guilty of tax fraud against the government of Spain between 2012 and 2014, allegedly hiding 15 million euros (approximately 18 million dollars) through a network of companies, Telemundo reports.

The reports claim she could spend up to three years in jail. She has just several days from the time of this post to appear before authorities, or they could issue her a formal prison order in Spain.

Why is this happening?

The Spanish Public Ministry affirms that the artist should have paid taxes on the money she generated between 2012 and 2014, since she lived in that country.

However, she maintains that her visits to Spain were due to her romantic relationship with her current partner, the footballer Gerard Piqué , and that it was until 2015 when she settled in the country, when she gave birth to her second child.

Imagine having the audacity to jail Shakira.

Thoughts, Exhale?

Related:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

She remains Innocent, she lived in the Bahamas and was traveling around the world during this time period that they claim she lived in Spain which isn’t true, Spain is very known for creating these types of issues, irregardless she tried her hardest to fight in court but as soon as possible paid all the money they told her she needs to pay (around 15 million) 

its really stupid tbh 

anyways here’s something more important that Shakiras been upto 

• Love 1
  • Like 6

she already paid, though she insists she didn't have the obligation to do so, because she was specifically visiting Piqué in punctual dates, and otherwise, she was working on The Voice at the time, thus mainly residing in the US, besides performances, etc. She basically had to have lived in Spain for 184 days to have the obligation to pay taxes, but she didn't live there that amount of days. 

They've been trying to incriminate her for years over this issue, and it's a shame she still had to pay. 

• Like 8
7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

she already paid, though she insists she didn't have the obligation to do so, because she was specifically visiting Piqué in punctual dates, and otherwise, she was working on The Voice at the time, thus mainly residing in the US, besides performances, etc. She basically had to have lived in Spain for 184 days to have the obligation to pay taxes, but she didn't live there that amount of days. 

They've been trying to incriminate her for years over this issue, and it's a shame she still had to pay. 

Yeah, what a weird issue. I think people really need to pay attention to this case. Imagine how villainized the US would be if this was happening here. 

• Content Curators
20 minutes ago, thebritmaster said:

Lock her up. Tired of greedy celebs :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Oh pls she’s done more charity for the world and her own home country than most celebs 

the schools she’s built the fundraising shes done for under privileged kids 

oh and actually continuing her organization that she started when she was 18 and not just doing something for publicity like other celebs  

• Love 5
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Yeah, what a weird issue. I think people really need to pay attention to this case. Imagine how villainized the US would be if this was happening here. 

Spain is known for always be seeking these tax evasions, especially to big names like singers or soccer players (including Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo). I don't doubt people will do all sorts of tricks evade this, especially with such a high tax rate, but precisely because of that, I doubt they'll make mistakes in doing this. Their accountants must know very well the technicalities to handle this within what the law allows.

Apparently there's an inspector that supposedly tracked down Shakira's whereabouts and credit card movements to hold these allegations, so in July both sides will have to show their evidence and it will also be decided what were Shakira's actual obligations, because many sources claim 14M and others 17M euros.

What I don't understand is why if Shakira already agreed to pay, they're still refusing to take it and continue the case. I also read that Messi avoided jail by paying a fine, so I really doubt Shakira will be jailed anytime soon. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

She remains Innocent, she lived in the Bahamas and was traveling around the world during this time period that they claim she lived in Spain which isn’t true, Spain is very known for creating these types of issues, irregardless she tried her hardest to fight in court but as soon as possible paid all the money they told her she needs to pay (around 15 million) 

its really stupid tbh 

anyways here’s something more important that Shakiras been upto 

She’s been living here forever and never paid a thing!!! She better pays or face penalty! Always the rich ones taking profit! 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Spain is known for always be seeking these tax evasions, especially to big names like singers or soccer players (including Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo). I don't doubt people will do all sorts of tricks evade this, especially with such a high tax rate, but precisely because of that, I doubt they'll make mistakes in doing this. Their accountants must know very well the technicalities to handle this within what the law allows.

Apparently there's an inspector that supposedly tracked down Shakira's whereabouts and credit card movements to hold these allegations, so in July both sides will have to show their evidence and it will also be decided what were Shakira's actual obligations, because many sources claim 14M and others 17M euros.

What I don't understand is why if Shakira already agreed to pay, they're still refusing to take it and continue the case. I also read that Messi avoided jail by paying a fine, so I really doubt Shakira will be jailed anytime soon. 

I watched an old video about this a few years ago and I think they used paparazzi pics of her as well to try and prove the dates she was there 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block