What kind of music do you think Britney wants to make if she could make it?

YeezusChrist

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I think her music would be very dark. I imagine it would be a mix of Blackout and In The Zone style music. It definitely wouldn’t be pop. If she was to go pop she’d probably try pop rock. 

Both those albums are pop though. ???

I think MAYBE she wants to do rock. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

She seems to like modern sad girl pop and classic rock. So I’d imagine something that blends the two. The tricky thing is, it sounds like she’d want to express angst, but she’s always been clear about not wanting her lyrics to be overly-personal to her own life. So I’m not sure how she could successfully navigate that. Unfortunately, I think the lowkey tracks on Britney Jean are the most indicative of that...and the weirdness of Private Show & What You Need harken to that interests in retro sound (like her cover of Elvis’s Can’t Help Falling In Love...the squeaky one filmed in her foyer). 

I think there was a time when Mona Lisa, Chaotic, IJBHMF, and Do Somethin’ were the sound she wanted. Definitely left-of-center from mainstream pop / pop-rock. But if we’re talking pop-rock, I could definitely see her wanting to do something with a Kelly Clarkson sound, not Avril Lavine. 

13 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

I think she haaaaaaaaates Baby and Oops. No way she would do it if she had complete  creative freedom :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

She would take the R&B and soulful aspects of those albums in the ballads just minus the corny part, likely nothing else.

If anything, I think she hates Blackout too, or at least, used to in the 2010s during her "I'm a mom now!" era.

10 hours ago, Dussiniers said:

"Maybe something a little bit more up-tempo" :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

I hate watching clips of her from X-Factor, especially the live shows. There's no way her team would have allowed her to give her genuine opinions of what she just saw live and in the moment. She was probably given a piece of paper with 2 sentences to say for each contestant that were written before they even performed.

It's a shame because the whole point of the X-Factor was they were looking for more than just a "voice" but someone who had that undeniable "x-factor" that transcended a decent voice, cool choreography, and good stage presence. If there's anybody uniquely qualified to give advice on this, it's Britney *****:badgirl_britney_flirt_sexy_pom_piece_of_me_lips:

Archived