Katy Perry Delivers Spectacular Performances At Her ᑭᒪᗩY Las Vegas Residency’s Opening Night

ALBAVEASP

THEN:

Spoiler

I. December 1, 2021

Following the trending news of Katy Perry dyeing her hair back to its black glory, she excites her fans a new look featuring a heavily inspired Elvis Presley attire— a rumor is also circulating that Perry will release a brand new song featuring the Swedish DJ, Alesso.

FFZgRisXEAUtkAN?format=jpg&name=medium

Katy Perry

spacer.png

Alesso

At first, everyone was predicting that it would be Ava Max, since the insider said that the rumoured collaborator has an initial of “A”. Max also had a recent cryptic tweet with a caption of “Walking Up In Vegas”, referencing one of Perry’s Top 10 hits.

And according to sources, the collaboration will be Perry’s return to her signature pop rock sound, but there is still no confirmation if it will be a droplet single dedicated to her Las Vegas residency or a lead single of her follow-up album after the 2020’s Smile. The song is also speculated to be named “Legacy (I’m Threw)” as it already appears on Genius and registered in ASCAP.

II. December 12, 2021

Katy Perry readies her Las Vegas residency in less than a month, gears up with Theta’s NFT investment, bidding of the 16-foot high lion statue from her most watched Superbowl Halftime Show performance and a new single release in collaboration with the Swedish DJ, Alesso.

The speculation has started a month prior to their official announcement, after a cryptic insider leaked some details about the upcoming collaboration.

And after the follow-back interaction between the two music artists on Instagram and Tiktok, Perry has finally confirmed the long-awaited new song titled “When I’m Gone”, as some have describe it to be similar with her 2013’s Walking On Air and 2019’s Zedd collaboration, 365.

III. December 26, 2021

“I think it's time to give them everything they want.” Perry on the newest teaser for her upcoming single with the Swedish DJ Alesso, has the fans excited. And for the first lucky people that have able to listen to the single's full preview compared it with her 2013’s Walking On Air and 2019’s Zedd collaboration, 365. Even the magazine, The Sun wrote “The song is a classic and deserves to be a hit. The music video includes a number of looks which could be as iconic as her cupcake bra.”

Notably, the music video is directed by Hannah Lux Davis who worked with Jessie J's Bang Bang, Ariana Grande's Side To Side & Thank U Next, Little Mix's Power, Doja Cat's Say So and amongst other popular music videos. The official music video is set for 2022's release, on January 10th, but will have a massive promotional performance at CNN New Year's eve countdown.

IV. December 29, 2021

KatyCats are well-fed.

After more than a month of rumours and teasing, Perry has finally released her latest single, “When I’m Gone”, in collaboration of one of the biggest EDM artists and producers, Alesso.

W.I.G. is timely with the opening date of her highly anticipated Las Vegas residency, PLAY, and also luckily made the final setlist of her Resort World’s concert. Perry will perform it along with her 2013’s track, Walking On Air.

You can listen to the song here:

NOW:

Katy Perry’s newest single, “When I’m Gone”, in collaboration with the EDM artist-producer, Alesso, will probably receive a very good treatment compared to its predecessor’s  promotions and marketing.

And to take advantage of the first sold out date of her residency with the capacity of 5000 attendees, Perry has performed the single alongside her 2013’s track, Walking On Air.

She is also set to perform at CNN New Year’s Eve Countdown, while the music video’s release will premiere in the middle of the ESPN National Championship, with average viewers of 8 million.

Have you listen already? Thoughts?

Edited by ALBAVEASP
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
On 5/12/2021 at 11:50 PM, jonloch1 said:

you know what i dont understand and i thought this when Britney announced her first residency in 2013. what is the logic in starting it between Christmas and New Year? i remember britneys first POM date was 27th December. But surely for the artist that  must ruin their christmas a bit because they probably have to watch not to overdo it with food and just generally not to overtire themselves at christmas to be fighting fit to start their residency just a couple of days later. 

Because the music industry is a business company. It's not about humans but the profit. For an artist, it's his life. He wants to express himself, do what he loves, show his skills and talent. For some, it's healing and therapy. For the managers, producers,record lable owners it's just about money. How can you press out the most money? Some singers were even forced to abort their babies.

Or kicked out their band because they were pregnant. It's not a baby for them but a disruptive factor. In the past, like the 19 80, it was even worse for women. They were not allowed or it was not possible to have a family. They had to decide. There were just a few exceptions like the women from Abba. Just since 2 010, it's finally getting better. It's a dark and dangerous place for people. Yes, even for a man who wants to ground a family their team did not like it.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Hmmm if I were an artist I’d rather hop on a 45 min private flight to Vegas and land at my suite than travel every other day 

Would you really be an artist though? Would you be honoring your artistry? 

Vegas aside far too many people are doing less music and too much profit off of non musical activities. I just really want some new music. Quality music not some random tunes you have to release because your record deal says it’s time to. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, hernameis said:

Would you really be an artist though? Would you be honoring your artistry? 

Vegas aside far too many people are doing less music and too much profit off of non musical activities. I just really want some new music. Quality music not some random tunes you have to release because your record deal says it’s time to. 

Touring itself is not necessarily artistic. Creating the music is art. Designing a show is art whtether its in one place or on the road. I think touring could drain your energy and creativity 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block