100,000 people sign petition to rescind Sia's Golden Globes nomination for "Music"

Jordan Miller

19 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Honestly autism is a spectrum and autistic ppl are super different from each other. The autism is not their personality so I feel like: what are the criteria for an actor/actress to portray an autistic person accurately when autistic ppl differ like normal ppl differ greatly from each other :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Haven’t watched it btw, where do you watch it? 

Agreed. There are varying degrees of autism. It's definitely part of us, but it's not her personality. Hell, I have my own quirks I deal with on a daily basis. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: Also, I have mild autism, and it would be very difficult to try, and play a role of somebody who has severe autism.

I believe you can watch it on VOD (video on demand)

2 hours ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Agreed. There are varying degrees of autism. It's definitely part of us, but it's not her personality. Hell, I have my own quirks I deal with on a daily basis. :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: Also, I have mild autism, and it would be very difficult to try, and play a role of somebody who has severe autism.

I believe you can watch it on VOD (video on demand)

Okay i dont want to pay for it tho :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:. Btw sorry for using the word normal :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh: as normal ppl are not "normal" at all anyway, and i think all people struggle with something like cognitive distortions, delusion, negative emotional stuff etc. I think the word i was looking for was neurotypical, but lots of neurotypical ppl are bat**** crazy :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:, at least under certain social circumstances. It's only, usually, when ppl seek help themselves (or commit a serious crime ofc) they get diagnosed with something. There are literally so many diagnoses that at least one would fit on all ppl if all spoke honestly and behaved without the persona in front of a psychiatrist like some covert narcissists and psychos do for instance. It's not about being neurotypical or neurodivergent that determines who you are; it is your personality and how you treat others and view yourself and make the most of your positives :well_cookie_monster_point_blue_black:.

Billedresultat for neurodivergent 

• Love 1

As a disabled person and a big Sia fan myself, I just tought it was very cruel the way she answered when people asked why she didn´t cast any people with disabilities for the movie. She could just managed the things differently, she was RUDE.

I also think its kind of hypocrital for many people to be posting and advocating for Britney human rights, women human rights, Black Lives Matter, and all the "trending social movements" and then show no empathy or respect to other vulnerable groups just beacause you dont understand it or you're not part of it. :nothavingit_whitney_houston_mad_annoyed_stare_whatever_irritated:

Also I heard from many movie critics that the movie is BAD, so I do not understand why it was nominated. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
On 2/20/2021 at 3:29 PM, Persona said:

I’m not gonna get into it whether it’s art suppression or what not. Can of worms. But I do understand why people are angry. It promotes dangerous and downright caricature stereotypes and on top of that has a scene in it that promotes dangerous (I think life threatening too?) restraining of autistic people when they have a meltdown. All supported by an organization that is known to be extremely harmful towards the autistic community. I wouldn’t want a movie like that to aid in the misunderstanding and hatred of my illnesses/disabilities either.

but. Just my opinion. Not trying to speak over people.

This. I think the main problem with this movie is not having chosen a non-autistic actor, is the way they portray it and the lack of real knowledge and as you say, the caricaturization of a complex thing. And also the lack of humbleness from Sia. She was a total ***. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I believe actors should be able to play characters that aren’t them. Although I do think it’s good to cast characters from minority groups. I still think it doesn’t have to be 100% necessary. I think this is stupid although I do think it’s a positive to cast people from minority groups.

i feel like people always go to the extreme.

• Like 1
On 2/20/2021 at 10:44 AM, kdub87 said:

At what point will this nonsense stop? It is ACTING! if actors aren't allowed to portray characters that aren't similar to themselves, what will they do? Its a joke tbh. Every day we devolve further into butthurt, whiny little sensitive snowflakes. People who are offended can choose to not watch it or listen to her music instead of trying to force them into cancellation. Why do the eternally offended minority think get to dictate what I or anyone else can indulge in? Im gay and have never and would never have an issue with a straight actor play a gay character. Nor do I care if they ham up every stereotype in the book because at the end of the day, there will always be someone who can relate to that character.

Its honestly exhausting, like seriously log tf off the internet and take some time off from being an absolute ******* of a human being.

Why is v@gina censored ffs? So dumb 

• Haha 1
On 2/20/2021 at 12:54 PM, JessicaS89 said:

Looking at the other nominees in the categories that it is nominated in, there is no way that this film will win. It was likely only nominated because every now and then the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (the group responsible for the golden globes) feels the need to nominate a musical in the musical/comedy category to maintain the musical part. This happened to be the only mainstream musical film of the past year. This explains Burlesque's nomination in this category  a decade ago. But at least Burlesque is good campy fun. Music is just bad.

Sia nomination comes from the same people who awarded Gaga for best actress for AHS. The GG always liked to nominated people who wouldn’t at the Oscars.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block