Charisma Carpenter speaks up about the abuse she endured on the set of ´Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ : Says Joss Whedon is « abusive »

ohboyrom

9 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

so why none of them quit the show during those behaviour?

Woman did not have the power in the 90s and early 00s they do now - there wasn’t the same freedom to have your voice listened to and heard and even if you did, these people in power were not being held accountable back then like they are now.

Men have always had the power.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Exaholic said:

Woman did not have the power in the 90s and early 00s they do now - there wasn’t the same freedom to have your voice listened to and heard and even if you did, these people were not being held accountable back then like they are now.

yes you got a valid point :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Exaholic said:

Woman did not have the power in the 90s and early 00s they do now - there wasn’t the same freedom to have your voice listened to and heard and even if you did, these people in power were not being held accountable back then like they are now.

That's also one of the key points of the Framing...doc.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

so why none of them quit the show during those behaviour?

Well look at the misogyny that was so present during the 90s and 00s as demonstrated by Framing Britney Spears, and then combine that with that fact that these women were in the entertainment business, where quitting a very successful TV show or speaking out against the men above them could mean the end of their careers in an already cutthroat industry.

I would think having good relationships with people in power was even more important during those days because think of how much the internet has opened things up now and how that wasn't available then. Like compare how anyone can sort of go viral and become famous or create their careers off the internet from their bedrooms now versus where in the 90s and earlier 00s, it was all about who you knew within the industry. There's a lot more transparency and open communication on so many levels now due to the internet that just wasn't available in those times.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Well look at the misogyny that was so present during the 90s and 00s as demonstrated by Framing Britney Spears, and then combine that with that fact that these women were in the entertainment business, where quitting a very successful TV show or speaking out against the men above them could mean the end of their careers in an already cutthroat industry.

I would think having good relationships with people in power was even more important during those days because think of how much the internet has opened things up now and how that wasn't available then. Like compare how anyone can sort of go viral and become famous or create their careers off the internet from their bedrooms now versus where in the 90s and earlier 00s, it was all about who you knew within the industry. There's a lot more transparency and open communication on so many levels now due to the internet that just wasn't available in those times.

100% this!

4 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

honestly i'm scared of this system of calling out people after 20 years. I mean, how in the hell someone can defend himself after all that time?

She spoke today because there's a current investigation on Joss behavior during Justice League reshoots. She shows support to Ray Fisher because he has enduring recently the same problems with Joss recently.

Everything started when HBO Max announced Zack Snyder's Justice League (coming march 18 btw), people started to talk about Joss Whedon, Geoff Johns and Warner Bros executives whiteout fear.

It's a really long and complicated story that we still ignore a lot. Nothing did really go public.

I understand you point of view about calling out people years after what they did. But we, no matter who we are, always have to faces our acts.

Isn't the world actually apologizing to Britney for what they did to her +15/20 years ago...?

Life is a circle, everything comes back. Good or bad.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Ooh she's my fav! What'd she say?

Off topic but... I love Emma too. My friends got me a personalised video from her and xander back in Dec. I died. Nick done his from graveyard they filmed in, down in Torrance:

But yeah- CC has dropped hints for years so this was only going into more detail. Joss actually had a cheeky asking if CC was trying to sabotage the show... when his whole ‘Jasmine’ storyline to write her out... sabotaged it, itself :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

@OnlyBeyonce my mum has the same view. ‘Well why did they stick around? They could’ve left’ ... but I think job security etc all played a huge part (I know sounds stupid for actors etc...but I guess it’s just as real for them, as it is for us).

Update: since yday only other people to comment (that I’ve read) is Adam (who played Warren) liking CC’s post, A producer/writer Steven saying he can’t comment as never knew anything, Emma/Anya sharing SMGs post on IG & actor who played Clem posted- 

This drama is so much harder to keep up to date with than FreeBrtiney, I tell ya! Ha.

If anyone has any updates, let us know. 

• Love 2

This is not gonna stop me watching either Buffy or Angel.

Those shows were so much more than Joss Whedon anyway, the actors, the writers, the crew - these are the people that truly made both of these shows what they were.

There’s lots of fans saying how they are gonna throw out all their Buffy stuff now and burn it. To me, that a huge disrespect to everyone else besides Joss involved in making these shows.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
36 minutes ago, Exaholic said:

This is not gonna stop me watching either Buffy or Angel.

Those shows were so much more than Joss Whedon anyway, the actors, the writers, the crew - these are the people that truly made both of these shows what they were.

There’s lots of fans saying how they are gonna throw out all their Buffy stuff now and burn it. To me, that a huge disrespect to everyone else besides Joss involved in making these shows.

I’m with you on this ! People need to stop punishing the art as a way to punish the artist. It’s like the R.Kelly situation. Why pull the songs out of albums and streaming platforms ? Just because he’s an #***whole doesn’t mean you have to punish yourself for like the work.:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block