LVMH is closing Rihanna's Paris-based fashion line "Fenty"

This line never made sense to me. Yes she can dress which is mostly Bc of her stylist but if you go on her fenty website it’s just very very expensive zara look. If they price point was 200-300 ok . But not 700-1000. Yes it’s supposed to be luxury but it nvr really stood out or had its own brand identity. Nor was her audience looking to spend 700 and up on clothes. It may have been brought by lvmh but Rihanna isn’t Gucci. Fendi etc or even yeezy. And yeezy is a special case. But a cute collab of Rihanna for etc luxury brand for a season or 2 would of sufficed. 
fenty Just looks very zara. I just feel like they were trynna make money off her hype as 2-3 years ago as Rihanna was that girl. Met gala peak. The release of Fenty beauty etc and savage x fenty etc. she Still is that girl to a certain extent.  But its just very celebrity having their own make up skin care line vibes etc etc. if they decide to come back I’d work on brand recognition and standing out and not trying to just to sell off Rihanna’s name. 

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
4 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

This line never made sense to me. Yes she can dress which is mostly Bc of her stylist but if you go on her fenty website it’s just very very expensive zara look. If they price point was 200-300 ok . But not 700-1000. Yes it’s supposed to be luxury but it nvr really stood out or had its own brand identity. Nor was her audience looking to spend 700 and up on clothes. It may have been brought by lvmh but Rihanna isn’t Gucci. Fendi etc or even yeezy. And yeezy is a special case. But a cute collab of Rihanna for etc luxury brand for a season or 2 would of sufficed. 
fenty Just looks very zara. I just feel like they were trynna make money off her hype as 2-3 years ago as Rihanna was that girl. Met gala peak. The release of Fenty beauty etc and savage x fenty etc. she Still is that girl to a certain extent.  But its just very celebrity having their own make up skin care line vibes etc etc. if they decide to come back I’d work on brand recognition and standing out and not trying to just to sell off Rihanna’s name. 

i've bought some items from it. The design was cool to me, but the quality just doesn't compare to other luxury brand, especially the accessories...

They're constantly on sale as well.

• Love 1
Just now, Invitation said:

i've bought some items from it. The design was cool to me, but the quality just doesn't compare to other luxury brand, especially the accessories...

They're constantly on sale as well.

Idk it just looked very zara to me. Not That it’s not nice but really nothing omg wow factor. I neeeed to have this. It was also very young into its brand. 2/3 years only. Maybe if it had done collabs n find it’s niche it could of grown into something more instead of jumping into the fashion industry. also you would be building your clientele. 

• Like 2

Not at all surprised. I'm a huge Rihanna fan but her Fenty line was sooooo bland and we're in a pandemic. There were some cracks earlier, and reports that the line wasn't selling that well. The other issue is that there was never any runway or fashion shows to have models fit the clothing. Everything in the line looked ill-fitted. Honestly, Rihanna probably had too much creative control, and she's not a genius designer. She should've lent her name to the brand, worn the clothes, and gave her input. Such a shame, it was the first Black luxury fashion house.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, F.a.u.zish said:

Considering LVMH also owns 'Fendi' another luxury brand for clothes and accessories, it makes sense to me they'd wanna make Rihannas Fenty line more about makeup and cosmetics rather than apparel  to differentiate between the two, for people who aren't exactly in the know about all things fashion that could be potential consumers.

Maybe this line wasn’t famous enough to compare to Fendi or any other luxury line. Rihanna is a singer, she got much success with the other lines, but she isn’t known as a designer with a big name, some people don’t mind to pay a big amount for clothes but they need a big name like Gucci, Prada or Christian Dior. At least she tried, most singer failed or didn’t  last with their clothes line, but they didn’t work with a luxury group like this one. Maybe next time... After the album...

4 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

She needs to drop the album and get  a good pick, ‘cause if she looses her status of popstar it can damage her brands. She got success with Savage and Fenty Beauty because she’s a popstar, maybe that’s why this line flopped. She needs to release a bop.

2 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

She needs to drop the album and get  a good pick, ‘cause if she looses her status of popstar it can damage her brands. She got success with Savage and Fenty Beauty because she’s a popstar, maybe that’s why this line flopped. She needs to release a bop.

I agree. It’s kinda like yeezy his albums fed his hype which fed his clothing line. But yeezy became its own beast of itself idk if ri could amount to that. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block