Why haven’t many of Britney’s pop star / celebrity peers spoken up?

DignifiedLove

1 hour ago, AreYouReady said:

Sorry, but i never understand those kind of threads.

Just be happy and thankfull that those other celebrities have spoken about it in the first place.

You’re missing the point of my thread. I’m complaining because a majority of these a-list artists, or peers of Britney, are always so vocal about equality and human rights yet when it comes to standing up for her, they remain silent. Nothing but hypocrites and clout chasers. Hopefully it’ll change and at least a few more of her peers will speak out but my expectations aren’t high. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

I mean they don't have to. Just because we love Britney doesn't mean everyone else sits around thinking about her all day or watching Framing or anything. Celebs are usually pretty busy.

Being ‘busy’ doesn’t give these artists an excuse to not use their platform and speak out for someone who paved the way for other pop acts in the music business and who has been nothing more than a beacon of light and inspiration.

I don’t get this either. I mean what’s really going to happen are they all going to get sued for telling the truth?

I mean I get the whole thing they’ll say they don’t know enough about it but the facts are there in black and white. Everyone knows it goes on. People like Mariah have been with Britney since the c-ship she must have been screened etc beforehand she knows what’s going on. 

I’m disappointed in so many people it’s so taboo nobody wants to talk about it because they’re “advised not to” it’s bull****

The fact that Britney doesn't speak is a big red flag for them. Everyone "helped" Kesha because she was very vocal about it. We, as fans, from time to time still wonder what the f is happening. So, big celebrities don't want to put themselves into dramas that they're not really sure of what is really going on. 

That doesn't mean they can't be supportive. Miley Cyrus supports Britney and the movement, but at the same time she refuses to talk about something she doesn't know for sure.

Busy my a. s s

it takes  less than a minute to tweet something. You don’t have to see the entire documentary to know somethings going on. Are they scared? I mean why? Aren’t they powerful celebs too? I mean some of them were standing in front of the line when they could benefit from Britney (looking at you Madonna) 

yeah I don’t like that Britney hasn’t said anything either. But they’re might be a valid reason for it. But she liked the support right? Wasn’t this shown in one of the court docs?

Actually, Lindsay Lohan has liked a number of #FreeBritney tweets. Here are some of them: 

but yea its kinda disappointing that some are silent about it. I’m looking at these people:

Xtina (not surprised though as she’s always been jealous of her),

Madonna (who has ******* worked with her and acted like she cared so much about her in 2008, but it’s been proven time and time again that she only cares about the ones that benefit her),

Lady Gaga - supposed to be a huge fan???

Selena Gomez - hello? Thought she’s your idol

Taylor Swift - you literally have a pop career thanks to Britney’s recipe 

Katy Perry - :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Beyonce - though i do think she’s aware of the movement as she suddenly wished Britney Spears a happy birthday on her website last year.

45 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

The fact that Britney doesn't speak is a big red flag for them. Everyone "helped" Kesha because she was very vocal about it. We, as fans, from time to time still wonder what the f is happening. So, big celebrities don't want to put themselves into dramas that they're not really sure of what is really going on. 

That doesn't mean they can't be supportive. Miley Cyrus supports Britney and the movement, but at the same time she refuses to talk about something she doesn't know for sure.

This sums up everything

2 hours ago, anakinskywalker said:

Kesha situation was very different. In that case she speaks for herself and her point of view was very clever. In Britney case even us who are fans don't know exactly what is her point of view so is very hard to express an opinion about it

27 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Kesha situation was very different. In that case she speaks for herself and her point of view was very clever. In Britney case even us who are fans don't know exactly what is her point of view so is very hard to express an opinion about it

There was literally just a whole *** documentary released by a reputable source which highlighted the injustices and misogyny that Britney faced throughout her career and personal life. :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: 

The docu even states how Britney doesn’t speak for herself and only through filtered lens. There is no excuse for her peers, specifically those who are so vocal about mental health, to speak up in support at this point.

3 hours ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

Being ‘busy’ doesn’t give these artists an excuse to not use their platform and speak out for someone who paved the way for other pop acts in the music business and who has been nothing more than a beacon of light and inspiration.

Yes it does. And even if they're not busy, not everyone in the world is watching this doc or has to.

16 minutes ago, GODNEY IS A QUEEN said:

There was literally just a whole *** documentary released by a reputable source which highlighted the injustices and misogyny that Britney faced throughout her career and personal life. :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking: 

The docu even states how Britney doesn’t speak for herself and only through filtered lens. There is no excuse for her peers, specifically those who are so vocal about mental health, to speak up in support at this point.

it's not simple as you can think. Even if they know in the first hand the whole situation it's not easy to speak about it

1 minute ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

it's not simple as you can think. Even if they know in the first hand the whole situation it's not easy to speak about it

A simple act of kindness or appreciation post from her peers who have larger platforms, than say a journalist, isn’t hard and doesn’t require much effort.

If celebrities like Paris Hilton, who have also endured abuse and advocate for mental health, are able to voice support, so should a pop star peer like Lady Gaga. Guess you’re missing the big picture though.

4 hours ago, anakinskywalker said:

This. Once she speaks, they will come through

Archived