Morgan Wallen's record label dropped him in light of him using the "N" word in a leaked video

1 minute ago, Korb said:

Nah I don't think so. He literally beat one of the biggest, most loved stars on the planet into a pulp, with pictures of her battered face shared all over the world and yet he is still incredibly successful and mainstream artists continue to collaborate with him and associate with him. 

The truth is that people will become outraged over some specific event or person and then later forgive or forget and cease to care about it altogether with enough time.
Cancel Culture doesn't really work very often at all, which is why I don't really think it's a real thing or very effective, anyway. 

Sure ,some people are forever tainted ,like Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein but many just go into hiding and wait for their scandals to blow over eventually and come back later like nothing happened and people begrudgingly accept it.:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

That’s my point. Nothing happened to him then. He didn’t get dropped and it never hindered his career.

That said, cancel culture does exist but like you said they just wait until it blows over. That doesn’t mean they didn’t get “canceled.”

• Like 1

Ironic that his music is charting higher on iTunes now following these news. Most likely his supporters enraged by the fact and don’t realize that they’re only filling the pockets of the label that dropped him :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: I won’t lose any sleep never streaming him again, but these people supporting his music more than ever now shows the problematic roots of this problem 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Bo Johnson said:

That’s my point. Nothing happened to him then. He didn’t get dropped and it never hindered his career.

That said, cancel culture does exist but like you said they just wait until it blows over. That doesn’t mean they didn’t get “canceled.”

When people "cancel" others, it's about ending support for that person. Not for a short period of time, but forever. Clearly Chris was never truly canceled, he just suffered the consequences of the literal crime of savagely attacking a woman. 

I will say, this white boy from Tennessee has a different situation. He was being filmed without his knowledge and was seemingly having a private conversation with a friend? 

• Like 2

I’m surprised Country Music of all the genres is cancelling him so quick. I thought they would try to push some bs apology and keep it moving. Good for them! 

side note: we should’ve know he wasn’t sh it when he was kicked of SNL for partying days before w/o a mask in the middle of a global pandemic 🥴🥴

• Love 1

Ah sweet old cancel culture and dubble standards.

What about Migos and their homophobic comments?

What about nearly ever rapper from the 00's with homophobic comments?

What about body shaming like Azalea Banks who almost literally called Lana Del Rey fat?

I mean it's not okay to say N* but it is to call people **** and fat? Nice to know what we are worth.

A black person saying fa**ot is okay but beware of a white person saying N****.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Circuit said:

I disagree. He's pissed off for wtv reason and decided to use that word out of anger

I'd agree it was an overreaction if he was younger, and this video was older. But it's not. Everything he's gotten as a consequence is warranted (except harsh bullying)

Give me a break. It's all fun and games when everyone else gets canceled, since you're not directly affected. Lord, if it were for you, we'd hang pretty much every person on the face of the earth. :jeanluc_ashamed_embarrassed_hide_facepalm_meme:

I'd love to see this coming around to bite you in the bum: you were pissed and blurted something unintentionally. Only then you'll be able to see and understand the consequences of this cancel culture you love so much. :joanne_gaga_pink_hat_cowgirl_stare_leave:

Funny how cities in the US are constantly burning and businesses are being looted for months now, but nooo... Those are none issues. :duh_mind_thinking_smart_meme:

You're perspectives seem to be somehow lopsided. :icant_toxic_britney_window_jump_fall:

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TedTwice said:

Give me a break. It's all fun and games when everyone else gets canceled, since you're not directly affected. Lord, if it were for you, we'd hang pretty much every person on the face of the earth. :jeanluc_ashamed_embarrassed_hide_facepalm_meme:

I'd love to see this coming around to bite you in the bum: you were pissed and blurted something unintentionally. Only then you'll be able to see and understand the consequences of this cancel culture you love so much. :joanne_gaga_pink_hat_cowgirl_stare_leave:

Funny how cities in the US are constantly burning and businesses are being looted for months now, but nooo... Those are none issues. :duh_mind_thinking_smart_meme:

You're perspectives seem to be somehow lopsided. :icant_toxic_britney_window_jump_fall:

The reason those cities were burning and looted was because of people like you and Morgan who have been giving specific white people a pass on their racism. No one just "blurts" out one of the most hateful words unintentionally. That word comes out if it was already is your normal vocabulary. And we can all bring up bigger issues to deflect and not deal with this blatant racism. You dismissing a whole movement just shows you don't understand the intent of it and you are ignorant and complacent. 

• Love 2
On 2/3/2021 at 3:15 PM, Circuit said:

People calling this "yet another overreaction to cancel culture"...get over yourself you're weird

THIS is a prime example of when cancel culture is needed!

Nobody deserves bullying but behavior like this needs to be called out lbr

Wtf was he thinking???

You can call me weird, I'll call you WEAK...

I mean, since to you there is no spectrum when it comes to bullying or saying the wrong thing, let's just cancel anyone who has ever said something hurtful to another human being REGARDLESS of the circumstance. So while we're at it, let's cancel Britney. I recall her calling a paparazzi a "fat ****"...I mean how could she say something so mean and degrading to an overweight person? Ugh the nerve of her...she clearly is all about body shaming. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

The reason those cities were burning and looted was because of people like you and Morgan who have been giving specific white people a pass on their racism. No one just "blurts" out one of the most hateful words unintentionally. That word comes out if it was already is your normal vocabulary. And we can all bring up bigger issues to deflect and not deal with this blatant racism. You dismissing a whole movement just shows you don't understand the intent of it and you are ignorant and complacent. 

YES!!!!!! HELLL YESS!!!! EDUCATE THEM! and I don't know about everyone else but I've never used racist slurs when I was mad or homophobic language.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Sia said:

Since this forum is all about cancel culture let's also cancel Britney...

For anyone who is struggling with weight problems, here is how Britney feels about you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGyQY8RtDfY

what's this really about? you feel bad or identify for the poor rich white guy who said racist stuff and is now being held accountable for his actions? Sometimes when you do stuff you have to stand/justify/learn by those actions later it's kind of how life works. 

• Like 3

anti-Semitism, ***ism and homophobia are also forms of hatred, but celebrities are rarely cancelled for expressing those forms of discrimination. A quick 'sorry about that, I'll do better' and some endorsements from their fellow venomous celebrity friends, and all is forgiven and forgotten. Racism is disgusting, but it seems to be the only form of hatred that is unforgivable.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block