Dua Lipa: I'm not successful because of my beauty

• Leader

Dua Lipa was asked about the power of her beauty, and that stuck with her. She feels like she's reached her level of success because of her talent, not her looks. 

"I've been thinking about it almost every day, and I was just a little bit taken aback," she tells Rolling Stone.

"I've never really seen being pretty or beautiful as some kind of power. It's never been something that I identify with and — with no disrespect to you, obviously — I feel like I was a little bit shortchanged in a way, because I don’t feel like I’ve gotten to where I am because of that."

She adds: "I'm extremely hardworking and driven, and I feel like that's the reason why I got to where I am, through my hard work and my drive, and I just wanted to make that clear because it has been playing on my mind." 

What's wrong with your beauty contributing to your success? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I feel like only a beautiful people would say what she said :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

Thoughts, Exhale? 

Related:

dua-beauty.jpg.ee958c77851bf053e475f4591e49296a.jpg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

Dua Lipa was asked about the power of her beauty, and that stuck with her. She feels like she's reached her level of success because of her talent, not her looks. 

"I've been thinking about it almost every day, and I was just a little bit taken aback," she tells Rolling Stone.

"I've never really seen being pretty or beautiful as some kind of power. It's never been something that I identify with and — with no disrespect to you, obviously — I feel like I was a little bit shortchanged in a way, because I don’t feel like I’ve gotten to where I am because of that."

She adds: "I'm extremely hardworking and driven, and I feel like that's the reason why I got to where I am, through my hard work and my drive, and I just wanted to make that clear because it has been playing on my mind." 

What's wrong with your beauty contributing to your success? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

I feel like only a beautiful people would say what she said :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

Thoughts, Exhale? 

Related:

dua-beauty.jpg.ee958c77851bf053e475f4591e49296a.jpg

come on ugh GIF by Katelyn Tarver

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Is it just me but this only brought attention to this "idea", I've never seen anyone use this to justify her success. :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Really? When she released New Rules all I saw were comments about how beatiful she looked. And to be completely honest, one of the reasons why I had it on repeat was because I was mesmerized by her looks.

I do think her beauty plays a big part in her current success, which is not bad imo. Thankfully, she has the talent to back it up. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block