Dua Lipa: I'm not successful because of my beauty

5 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

It's threads like these that make me wish I could still downvote people. :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating: Dua Lipa is not only gorgeous, she's also incredibly talented. Y'all can say what you want about her, but hardly any of the other pop girls kept us fed in 2020 like she did. I'm sure her beauty is a part of her success, but at the end of the day, looks only go so far. Her talent is ultimately why she's been so successful. 

Spill

• Love 2
7 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

It's threads like these that make me wish I could still downvote people. :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating: Dua Lipa is not only gorgeous, she's also incredibly talented. Y'all can say what you want about her, but hardly any of the other pop girls kept us fed in 2020 like she did. I'm sure her beauty is a part of her success, but at the end of the day, looks only go so far. Her talent is ultimately why she's been so successful. 

I didn't think I'd ever disagree with a fellow Selena Q stan, but the time has come. I can't believe you'd equate her making reductive nu-disco music as "talent". The girl can't sing, she can't dance (:duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:), and she had to rely on Stuart Price's old COADF sound and generic rapper #1592485 to score her latest hit. She's quite literally an inferior version of Kylie Minogue. 

On a related note, I'm surprised she didn't say that she was bullied in high school. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

7 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I didn't think I'd ever disagree with a fellow Selena Q stan, but the time has come. I can't believe you'd equate her making reductive nu-disco music as "talent". The girl can't sing, she can't dance (:duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:), and she had to rely on Stuart Price's old COADF sound and generic rapper #1592485 to score her latest hit. She's quite literally an inferior version of Kylie Minogue. 

On a related note, I'm surprised she didn't say that she was bullied in high school. 

I see Dua more as a songwriter to be honest, despite the fact she didn't invent a new genre. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

she's not the best vocalist or dancer, she doesn't have the best charisma and I honestly dislike her music  but she knows how to make a hit (at least outside of North America. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:)

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Stefani said:

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Honestly all I can really say is I guess we just have different opinions. I loved Future Nostalgia. I thought it was a great album, even if it's technically not doing anything new. However, I found everything she did before it to just be okay. I do think it's a bit ridiculous to say she can't sing. As @Hooked-On-Knee said, she's not necessarily the strongest vocalist, but I really like what she does with her voice. Not everyone needs to have a voice like Ariana or Mariah or even Selena Q to be considered musically talented.

23 minutes ago, Stefani said:

That move is exclusive to Demi :eyes_britney_laugh:

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Stefani said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14699276

4 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

Honestly all I can really say is I guess we just have different opinions. I loved Future Nostalgia. I thought it was a great album, even if it's technically not doing anything new. However, I found everything she did before it to just be okay. I do think it's a bit ridiculous to say she can't sing. As @Hooked-On-Knee said, she's not necessarily the strongest vocalist, but I really like what she does with her voice. Not everyone needs to have a voice like Ariana or Mariah or even Selena Q to be considered musically talented.

Go off :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, setib47631 said:

Dua has so many haters here ( @OnlyBeyonce for example ). This is such a great thing! It's proven : haters come with success and she's the most successful main pop since nov. 2019. 

so keep hating, give your time and energy to Queen Dua :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Issa top 10 hit becoming the 4th hit from the era :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

:surejan:

Did Levitating go #1 too? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

You do realize I was going to @ you in my comment to bring up Billie Eilish. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

You know what, we were all wrong...

The main pop girl.....

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

She is...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Miley Cyrus. :miley_cyrus_disco_ball_stare: :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block