Olivia Rodrigo spends a second week at #1 in the UK

Slayer

Update:

Second week at Number 1 in the UK!

Previous:

Rising star Olivia Rodrigo has officially arrived as Drivers License lands straight in at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart with record-breaking streaming numbers, the Official Charts Company can confirm.

Billed as the singer, songwriter, and actor’s debut original single, Drivers License enters at the summit with an impressive 95,000 chart sales, including 10.9 million streams across the week.

According to Official Charts Company data, the track sets an all-new Official Chart record, as it surpasses Ed Sheeran’s Shape Of You to claim the UK’s highest number of streams ever in a single day for a non-Christmas song.

Drivers License racked up almost 2.407m streams in 24 hours on Tuesday 12 January. Shape of You previously held the 24-hour record in 2017 with 2.274m streams.

Meanwhile, last week’s Number 1, Little Mix’s Sweet Melody, drops to 2, and Ed Sheeran’s Afterglow slips a place to 3.

Source: Official Charts Company

I'm not familiar with her but fair play to her!

olivia-rodrigo-drivers-license-official-number-1-single-award.jpg.b281a941c6de60e742d684f246d4e76b.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Thanks to Taylor Swift I bet. I mean, if Taylor didn't acknowledge her and didn't praise her, I doubt she would have gotten this much streams. She still would have gotten a lot but probably a bit fewer.

I mean an upcoming star getting praise from an A-list celeb with 2 #1 albums in 1 year MUST affect your career in a positive way.

I saw Swifties throwing streaming and buying parties on social media. They really have her back and I can yell you...Swifties aren't to be messed with lol.

As to me personally...I don't get the big hype about the song. It's definitely not bad but certainely not groundbreaking or anything to top Ed Sheeran's record.

However, I am curious to see how her career will develop and if she manages to achieve big things after this single.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Thanks to Taylor Swift I bet. I mean, if Taylor didn't acknowledge her and didn't praise her, I doubt she would have gotten this much streams. She still would have gotten a lot but probably a bit fewer.

the song is big on tiktok tho so ig that was a bigger impact

39 minutes ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

but if you were born some years after him, we grew up with her on Disney channel.

d-did we?:umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

do i have to revoke my gen z card

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Rising star Olivia Rodrigo has officially arrived as Drivers License lands straight in at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart with record-breaking streaming numbers, the Official Charts Company can confirm.

Billed as the singer, songwriter, and actor’s debut original single, Drivers License enters at the summit with an impressive 95,000 chart sales, including 10.9 million streams across the week.

According to Official Charts Company data, the track sets an all-new Official Chart record, as it surpasses Ed Sheeran’s Shape Of You to claim the UK’s highest number of streams ever in a single day for a non-Christmas song.

Drivers License racked up almost 2.407m streams in 24 hours on Tuesday 12 January. Shape of You previously held the 24-hour record in 2017 with 2.274m streams.

Meanwhile, last week’s Number 1, Little Mix’s Sweet Melody, drops to 2, and Ed Sheeran’s Afterglow slips a place to 3.

Source: Official Charts Company

I'm not familiar with her but fair play to her!

olivia-rodrigo-drivers-license-official-number-1-single-award.jpg.b281a941c6de60e742d684f246d4e76b.jpg

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I find it funny how Jordan keeps writing about how surprised he is about her success, but if you were born some years after him, we grew up with her on Disney channel. Also the High School Musical show is huge. She has had the platform to be a star but waited until she was almost 18. 

:huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: I'm sorry, but who grew up with her? I'm 18 and I'd never heard of her until a few days ago.

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Like 2
Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm under 15 and I've also never heard of her. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Maybe it's just me but I've never heard of this girl or this "hit song" in my life. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I don't know why but this whole time I thought you were like 18 or something. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: Nice to see a fellow Self Titled stan that also likes Sailor Moon and is from Gen Z though. :prettyney_britney_iggy_girls_bbma_2015_hair_flip_bounce:

But yeah, she's not that famous and the song is mediocre at best. I tried listening to it yesterday and I could only get about 30 seconds in before the cringe became too much. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block