Olivia Rodrigo spends a second week at #1 in the UK

Slayer

13 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I find it funny how Jordan keeps writing about how surprised he is about her success, but if you were born some years after him, we grew up with her on Disney channel. Also the High School Musical show is huge. She has had the platform to be a star but waited until she was almost 18. 

12 hours ago, lili_ballet said:

the song is big on tiktok tho so ig that was a bigger impact

d-did we?:umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

do i have to revoke my gen z card

9 hours ago, AmorProhibido said:

:huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the: I'm sorry, but who grew up with her? I'm 18 and I'd never heard of her until a few days ago.

9 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm under 15 and I've also never heard of her. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Maybe it's just me but I've never heard of this girl or this "hit song" in my life. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Exactly even I am a Gen Z but never grew up with this girl whom I just came to know about a few weeks ago :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And now she’s breaking single day Spotify records too? :gunriah_mariah_carey: Taylor just keeps adding more nails to her coffin :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue: I want to go back to 2019 when she wasn’t so insufferable :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

And Taylor is nowhere to find in those charts. This Olivia song is even on top in my country's chart, I doubt it is so good that is twice as much plays vs song on second place.

These are weird times for sure... Before, whoever got to number 1 had really impacted pop culture; now, it's all about numbers and social media and algorithms.

My point is..... I DON'T KNOW HER. And I'm a pop music fan, and this song/video is A WEEK OLD, and it's not even that special, so everything is very weird to say the least.

This screams payola to me.

And someone please mention the Julia Michaels similarities in her vocals at the beginning because I hate it when people celebrate something that another artist has already offered before.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 1/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, merci12 said:

The song documents Rodrigo getting her driver’s licence, a moment that she intended to celebrate with a boyfriend who has now moved on to another girl.

Can't relate :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Cry Me a River can :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Driver's License is currently set to get a second week at Number 1 in the UK...

The sales for it the past few days are INSANE! The fact the song already has 41k sales since Friday :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

MID WEEK PREDICTIONS IN THE UK:

Official Singles/Albums Chart Update Top 100
Source: OCC
Missing Data: Apple Music, Spotify and YouTube (all for Sunday) and HMV (all week)

Top 100 Singles

1 Olivia Rodrigo - drivers license (41.0k)
2 Anne-Marie, KSI & Digital Farm Animals - Don't Play (15.3k) *
3 Ariana Grade - 34+35 (11.7k)
4 Little Mix - Sweet Melody (10.9k)
5 Ed Sheeran - Afterglow (9.8k)

6-10
7 Shane Codd - Get Out My Head

11-20
14 Tiësto - The Business
17 The Weeknd - Blinding Lights
19 HVME - Goosebumps
20 Nathan Dawe & Little Mix - No Time for Tears

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block