Name a One Hit Wonder You Wish Could Make a Comeback

TULISA

She was based in the UK, and was really huge there in 2012.  Her single, Young was really successful and went #1 on the UK Singles Chart, and was the 3rd best selling single that year.  She released 2 other singles from her album, Live It Up and Sight Of You.  Both did moderately well, but just didn’t replicate the impact or success of Young.  She did release her album in November of that year, it’s called The Female Boss (yes, that’s the album that was originally supposed to have the scrapped version of Scream and Shout on it).  Of course we know she sued Britney and all that.  But, she also had some really sad things happen.  Her ex boyfriend leaked a video of them sharing a intimate moment, she was wrongly convicted of possession of *****, and publicly shamed for both.  It seemed that her legal troubles took over her public persona; which is a shame.  Her album, The Female Boss really struggled on the charts, and had poor sales.  It only went to #35, with 7,000 copies sold, spending 4 weeks on the chart.  It received really negative reviews; I’ll be honest I own the album on CD, and I think some of the songs are bad, some are really good.  Since then though, she has really improved her artistry.  In 2014, she released the lead single single from her now scrapped 2nd studio album.  The single, Living Without You, is amazing.  Her best song (to me, at least :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:).  The single went to #44 in the UK, but did not garner much attention.  In 2016, she released Sweet Like Chocolate, which garnered a lot of hate.  She then got dropped from her label.  Following that, she returned in 2019 with 2 new recordings; Daddy and Sippin’.  The latter of which was really good.  She says she will release another record, but as of right now she hasn’t.  Who knows if she will?  I just feel that she is so talented, and really could be big, she just doesn’t have enough relevance anymore to make it happen.  

You Can Listen To Her Here: 

My personal faves: Young, Sight Of You, Living Without You, Sweet Like Chocolate, Sippin.  

• Love 4
On 1/12/2021 at 3:18 AM, allthat88 said:

So this one isn’t a full comeback but I want Zendaya to make more music   She is huge as an actress right now but I really loved REPLAY (even though it only peaked at #40) and her song from Euphoria was so good   Plus her singing in Greatest Showman!  She has so much potential as a pop star   I wonder if she’ll ever dip back in to music or stay focused on her acting career   

Totally agree! She's got soooo much potential and I totally love Euphoria. She's got the looks, the voice, can dance, act, is very charismatic!

Besides Zendaya, 

and

Around the world is such a Britney track. From the choreography down to the melody. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

TULISA

She was based in the UK, and was really huge there in 2012.  Her single, Young was really successful and went #1 on the UK Singles Chart, and was the 3rd best selling single that year.  She released 2 other singles from her album, Live It Up and Sight Of You.  Both did moderately well, but just didn’t replicate the impact or success of Young.  She did release her album in November of that year, it’s called The Female Boss (yes, that’s the album that was originally supposed to have the scrapped version of Scream and Shout on it).  Of course we know she sued Britney and all that.  But, she also had some really sad things happen.  Her ex boyfriend leaked a video of them sharing a intimate moment, she was wrongly convicted of possession of *****, and publicly shamed for both.  It seemed that her legal troubles took over her public persona; which is a shame.  Her album, The Female Boss really struggled on the charts, and had poor sales.  It only went to #35, with 7,000 copies sold, spending 4 weeks on the chart.  It received really negative reviews; I’ll be honest I own the album on CD, and I think some of the songs are bad, some are really good.  Since then though, she has really improved her artistry.  In 2014, she released the lead single single from her now scrapped 2nd studio album.  The single, Living Without You, is amazing.  Her best song (to me, at least :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:).  The single went to #44 in the UK, but did not garner much attention.  In 2016, she released Sweet Like Chocolate, which garnered a lot of hate.  She then got dropped from her label.  Following that, she returned in 2019 with 2 new recordings; Daddy and Sippin’.  The latter of which was really good.  She says she will release another record, but as of right now she hasn’t.  Who knows if she will?  I just feel that she is so talented, and really could be big, she just doesn’t have enough relevance anymore to make it happen.  

My personal faves: Young, Sight Of You, Living Without You, Sweet Like Chocolate, Sippin.  

Omg Living Without You is still such a bop :ramona_dancing_bathing_suit:

• Love 1
11 hours ago, popprison said:

I saw that on her ig. I haven't listened to her album since Coverage the album of covers. I see her taking her acting further and getting nominated for an Oscar in the future

Yeah she’s done very well as an actress tbh, whereas her singing career hasn’t been as successful. I haven’t heard the new album either. I’m not sure if I’d like it though.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

TULISA

Tulisa’s album was really good and did not deserve to flop! The singles run could have been better though. It’s a shame she hasn’t released another album since and her recent singles flopping sucks too. 

• Love 1
On 1/10/2021 at 2:10 AM, Ehju0901 said:

We've all had artists over time that made a dent in the music industry but were never able to achieve the same amount of success beyond their first breakout hit.

Name one artist/group you would love to see make a huge comeback.

----------

I think mine would be Paulina Rubio.  Paulina is definitely not a one hit wonder in other parts of the world, but as far as her English music career went "Don't Say Goodbye" peaked at #41 on the Hot 100 in 2002.  Her follow up single "The One You Love" peaked at #97 and thus ended her venture into the US English pop music market.

On a side note, upon doing a bit of research, she actually had a song called "Algo De Ti" outpeak "Don't Say Goodbye" at number 32 in 2010.

not to spread hate but thats not a ´´hit``. Lou Bega or Vanessa Carlton could be named one hit wonder.

(the video is the poor mans I´m gonna getcha good by Shania)

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, JSDSandiego said:

Some of yall are real shady listing artists who are still very relevant with multiple top 10 hits.

Duffy, Kelis(love her newer work), Craig David, and Jordin Sparks are mine.

Craig David has had a very successful comeback in the UK. His last album went top 10 and he was recently awarded an MBE for services to music.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block