Name a One Hit Wonder You Wish Could Make a Comeback

On 1/10/2021 at 5:18 AM, Cinderella85 said:

They were not really One Hit wonders, some  brought out two albums, but I want them back:

Preluders

Vanessa S

Gracia Baur

Bisou

Brook Hogan

Laura

Shemsi

And they are good too:

Dante Thomas (Miss California)

Coolio (Gangsters Paradise)

ATC

Solid Harmony

Fishing For Compliments Teenager In Love

Emilia 

Jennifer Page (Crush)

Lutricia McNeal

Lumidee

Nina Sky

Kia

Sorry ,I Choose more then one.:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Love Emilia. Im from Sweden ans she had a relatively big radio hit over here with this song (In Swedish).

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SLV4U said:

Aqua actually had 3 albums but the only major hit they had in the US was "Barbie Girl". I would totally dig more from them. They have their own bizarre style & I love it. 

Her first album is so good! My Oh My is my favorite song, but I also love Heat Of The Night, Be My Men, Turn Back Time...In my country, they had a lot of hits besides Barbie Girl. I Still need to buy the 3 album.

Before Corona, they had a few concerts, a lot of stars who were famous in the 90s are active if only with the old material, and went on tour with other stars from the era. Aqua members have profiles on Instagram.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Cinderella85 said:

Her first album is so good! My Oh My is my favorite song, but I also love Heat Of The Night, Be My Men, Turn Back Time...In my country, they had a lot of hits besides Barbie Girl. I Still need to buy the 3 album.

Before Corona, they had a few concerts, a lot of stars who were famous in the 90s are active if only with the old material, and went on tour with other stars from the era. Aqua members have profiles on Instagram.

I've watched them live on youtube. I looked several years ago & I don't think they ever toured in the US. However, I just looked & they're in Canada this year. OMG. I wonder if it'll happen & whether I'd even be allowed into the country. I should have the vaccine by then... 🤔

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SLV4U said:

I've watched them live on youtube. I looked several years ago & I don't think they ever toured in the US. However, I just looked & they're in Canada this year. OMG. I wonder if it'll happen & whether I'd even be allowed into the country. I should have the vaccine by then... 🤔

Yes,they actually tour more in Europe.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to be there and the performance. And that a meeting is possible. Report us then from it f you want to.:)

• Love 1
On 1/10/2021 at 3:20 PM, nwonder said:

I don’t necessarily wish these had become a thing but just posting these for fun! 

I didn't know Jennifer had a music carrier. I've known her as an actress, actually as a really good actress. I loved her on Ghost Whisperer and some other shows and movies. Kinda sad that she isn't popular now. She's georgeus. ❤

• Love 2
13 hours ago, 1stopBopshop said:

The Veronicas- who am sure have had other hits in their country but- 

I think they're still big in Australia. Some single they released last year was added by Spotify to my Missed Hits of 2020 playlist. But Untouched was their only UK hit lol. They also released 4Ever after which made no sense as the song was four years old by that point. 

Edited by Isla
On 1/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, Midnight said:

A one hit wonder song I like is "Dance with Me" by Debelah Morgan but someone I wish would make a huge comeback who isn't really a one hit wonder but didn't really have a long career was Michelle Branch. 

I love Paulina Rubio but "Border Girl"  did nothing for me, "Don't Say Goodbye" is a bop though. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Songs aren’t new but Michelle Branch went country for a little while. Her group is called The Wreckers. 

• Love 1

Does anybody remember Anouk - Nobody's Wife?

That song was so good. She did have another hit, a ballad called ¨Lost¨. ¨Lost¨ is just amazing, makes me wanna cry:crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

She has done really good music since her breakthrough up till this day, but she hasen't had any commercial success since ¨Nobody's Wife¨. 

On 1/10/2021 at 2:10 AM, Ehju0901 said:

We've all had artists over time that made a dent in the music industry but were never able to achieve the same amount of success beyond their first breakout hit.

Name one artist/group you would love to see make a huge comeback.

----------

I think mine would be Paulina Rubio.  Paulina is definitely not a one hit wonder in other parts of the world, but as far as her English music career went "Don't Say Goodbye" peaked at #41 on the Hot 100 in 2002.  Her follow up single "The One You Love" peaked at #97 and thus ended her venture into the US English pop music market.

On a side note, upon doing a bit of research, she actually had a song called "Algo De Ti" outpeak "Don't Say Goodbye" at number 32 in 2010.

1-hit.jpg.fcc7e7a0761e2440368947af904d4c92.jpg

This is my favorite, and the only one I know by her:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block