Name a One Hit Wonder You Wish Could Make a Comeback

On 1/10/2021 at 2:10 AM, Ehju0901 said:

We've all had artists over time that made a dent in the music industry but were never able to achieve the same amount of success beyond their first breakout hit.

Name one artist/group you would love to see make a huge comeback.

----------

I think mine would be Paulina Rubio.  Paulina is definitely not a one hit wonder in other parts of the world, but as far as her English music career went "Don't Say Goodbye" peaked at #41 on the Hot 100 in 2002.  Her follow up single "The One You Love" peaked at #97 and thus ended her venture into the US English pop music market.

On a side note, upon doing a bit of research, she actually had a song called "Algo De Ti" outpeak "Don't Say Goodbye" at number 32 in 2010.

1-hit.jpg.fcc7e7a0761e2440368947af904d4c92.jpg

Pia Mia!

She has a sweet voice, she can dance and is ****. She still releasing good songs.  

I know, she need to relax a little...

• Love 1

We've all had artists over time that made a dent in the music industry but were never able to achieve the same amount of success beyond their first breakout hit.

----------

I think mine would be Paulina Rubio.  Paulina is definitely not a one hit wonder in other parts of the world, but as far as her English music career went "Don't Say Goodbye" peaked at #41 on the Hot 100 in 2002.  Her follow up single "The One You Love" peaked at #97 and thus ended her venture into the US English pop music market.

On a side note, upon doing a bit of research, she actually had a song called "Algo De Ti" outpeak "Don't Say Goodbye" at number 32 in 2010.

Pia Mia!

She has a sweet voice, she can dance and is ****. She still releasing good songs.  

I know, she needs to relax a little...

----------

Pia Mia!

----------

Pia Mia!

----------

Pia Mia!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Well .. I haven’t heard anything aside from Intuition. By definition, she’s a one hit wonder to me in the 2000s. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

She’s actually a 90s artist. And I’m sure you have heard at least 4 or 5 of her other songs without even knowing it was her. Quality music.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Can you get a hold of her and have her release her new single then. That’s what I want. 

tenor.gif?itemid=16746832

No, because if she releases anything new it won’t be as good as Foolish Games or You Were Meant For Me or Who Will Save Your Soul. It would probably flop as hard as a Beyoncé or Katy Perry song.

• Like 1
On 1/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, Ehju0901 said:

----------

I believe Paulina didn’t have a career in the states due to this... lil-jon-and-paulina-rubio-during-2005-mtback in 2005 her and Lil Jon were presenting at the VMA’s. He put his arm on her and she moved it away swiftly. She made a face after which maybe took as disgusting get your hands off me... some people took that to be racist. 

btw that song you mentioned peaked number 32 on a Spanish airplay chart. Not the hot 100. Wikipedia for some reason showed it as the regular chart 

This was an interesting topic, once I actually looked all majority of the comments. I actually have two 

1st. Leighton Meester, after her collaboration with Cobra Starship, she released “Somebody to love” kind had hype then went away (singing wise) it was rumored she had a song with Lil’ Wayne and never came to fruition. Didn’t have the strongest voices but can be worked with 

Ugbogq.gif

2nd. Pia Toscano, was on American idol (a J.Lo judged season 😒) and the front runner. She was eliminated and came in 7th (not to sure). She has a really nice voice and can SANG But on idol she had personality of a door knob. She release one song and then kind of disappeared 

FatalImaginativeDinosaur-size_restricted

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block