I got Pfizer's covid-19 vaccine. Feel free to ask me questions!

8 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Interesting! This is what I've been curious about the most, too. 

I'm looking forward to the world getting back to some normalcy. 

Its really no different than any other vaccine.

Most of us have been vaccinated dozens of times throughout our lives for countless diseases, starting when we are infants... 

It will, and very soon. Dont let the fearmongers convince you otherwise. There are a select group of people who benefit greatly from the current situation and would like to see it continue, at great personal cost to countless innocent individuals. Dont let them dictate the narrative.

8 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

Are you still going to wear a mask?

See my response in the previous page:

While I'm the first to be wary of fearmongering with regards to corona- continuing to wear masks after being vaccinated is actually a logical precaution atm, as I explain in that response.

Given the fact that the vaccine is so new there are still some unknowns.

Soon more info will be available regarding transmitability of corona after vaccination and we'll know if we can throw out the masks :-)

On 1/2/2021 at 4:15 PM, Illegally EATEN said:

There is not enough data yet to demonstrate how long the vaccine is effective. It could be a few months, a year, or even 10 years. But we simply wont know for a while.

Yes. My question is why did you decide to take a vaccine that has 95% efficiency for a flu that has 99.7% recovery rate? :)  A vaccine that you just admitted might not protect you! How do you trust a vaccine that was created in 6 months? Side note: Our bodies have been created to fight off any virus, and our bodies already carry many viruses. People still believe there is a pandemic? Funny people are only dying of Covid-19 this year. All of a sudden no other reasons exist! LOL! I had Covid-19 in April and I am staying far away from the vaccine! I don't understand why people are advertising getting a vaccine as if it's an achievement, like you just got a #1 single! Snoop Dogg Lol GIF But as Lady Gaga says "Do what you want, what you want with your body" sad lady gaga GIF

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Illegally EATEN said:

This is an important point-

Theyre still checking to see if being immune from the virus thru vaccine also means you cannot transmit it.

The explanation being as such:

The virus originates in the nose, which is where it originally enters the body, and one of the sources from which it is spread (the other being the mouth).

A body immunized thru the vaccine will not allow the virus to replicate once it enters the body, killing it on the spot.

What is not known yet, is if a vaccinated person produces a high enough concentration of anti-bodies in the nose area to kill the virus right when it enters the nose, and before it enters any deeper in the body.

I should note that they those who produced the vaccines are fairly certain that this is the case, but dont want to put anyone in danger without being sure.

From what Ive read, they should have a definitive answer regarding this in the next month or two after the necessary research is conducted and the results released.

If God willing they find that the body kills the virus while it is still in the nose before it even has a chance to multiply, then the conclusion is that a vaccinated person cannot transmit the virus and therefore has no more reason to wear a mask.

you are so smart :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

thank you for spreading wisdom  in tough times like these  :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

Yes. My question is why did you decide to take a vaccine that has 95% efficiency for a flu that has 99.7% recovery rate? :)  A vaccine that you just admitted might not protect you! How do you trust a vaccine that was created in 6 months? Side note: Our bodies have been created to fight off any virus, and our bodies already carry many viruses. People still believe there is a pandemic? Funny people are only dying of Covid-19 this year. All of a sudden no other reasons exist! LOL! I had Covid-19 in April and I am staying far away from the vaccine! I don't understand why people are advertising getting a vaccine as if it's an achievement, like you just got a #1 single! Snoop Dogg Lol GIF But as Lady Gaga says "Do what you want, what you want with your body" sad lady gaga GIF

...if what you're saying is true than HIV wouldn't have been a death sentence only 10 years ago, and nowadays, you wouldnt have to drink meds your whole life in order to keep the virus in control.

No, our bodies cannot fight every virus. As far as Corona goes, I've seen people who had it, sneezed 5 times and recovered, and I've seen people who got it, got terribly sick, and died after a month of torture. So we dont know how our bodies will react to this virus at all, its like a lottery. Hence the vaccine.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

1. Regardless of the 99.97% recovery rate, the way it affects our bodies can be entirely unpredictable. Its likely linked to the strength of a persons immune system and comes down to simple genetics.

Id also like my freedoms back and dont mind taking a vaccine if thats what it takes.

2. I said it might not protect me? Where did I say such a thing? 

3. I trust this vaccine because, as I stated in a previous response, 

The year is 2020/2021. I believe scientists know enough and have learned enough from past mistakes (such as vaccines that proved to be harmful to recipients) to be able to say almost certainly that what the are providing is effective and not harmful. They have studied mRNA for decades and understand how it works. They didnt start from scratch, they based this vaccine off of existing vaccines. 

I have faith in the science and I have faith in God that all will be well and we wont be harmed :-)

The "developed in 6 months" point is fairly misleading. The covid-19 vaccine is based off of existing vaccines for other corona viruses, such as SARS. They already had a base to start from, and most of the work was already done.

Similar to how the flew shot is changed every year to varying degrees based on the emerging strain of virus.

4. I too am wary of corona related info, especially regarding death counts. It does seem the numbers have been inflated in many places, likely in an attempt to convince the populace to abide by government restrictions on the basis of the corona virus.

Regardless, it is a real virus and its extremely contagious.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Fenixxx123 said:

I think of you get the vaccine you still have to wear a mask. It's a sign of respect for you and your beloved ones. 

Getting vaccinated doesn't make you inmune to the virus since the effectivity is 95% and NOT 100%.

95% is officially considered immunity. It is unclear atm what the other 5% represents.

It is your prerogative to keep wearing a mask. My take is that, assuming that mask wearing will be determined obsolete for vaccinated individuals, we should get back to normal asap.

The corona virus is incredibly contagious. The chance of contracting it in normal circumstances is very high (comparatively).

Vaccinated individuals become immune. Once that happens, we cannot continue to live life fearing and being debilitatingly cautious based on an incredibly small percentage.

Just like we take a risk when flying, or we take a risk when driving of putting ourselves or perhaps others in danger (God forbid), or when doing literally anything in life, so too once a majority of the population is immune, the risk is so small that we cannot continue to debilitate ourselves. Every single thing in life carries a risk of some sort. Dont allow yourself to live life in constant fear of the increasingly unlikely. Youll regret it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jonjon2000 said:

How is the mood/acceptance/rejection for the vaccine in Israel? I live in CZ and here according to several polls, just about 30-35% of people are pro vaccinating...

This is an interesting point actually that could give a lot of you some hope!

Initially when the vaccine was announced here a large portion of the population was incredibly wary and insisted they would not get the vaccine.

Within days of the vaccine rollout and hundreds of thousands of people getting vaccinated, people changed their minds. I guess they saw everything is okay and they had more info so they felt better about it.

Now nearly everyone is lining up to get the vaccine.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Illegally EATEN said:

1. Regardless of the 99.97% recovery rate, the way it affects our bodies can be entirely unpredictable. Its likely linked to the strength of a persons immune system and comes down to simple genetics.

Id also like my freedoms back and dont mind taking a vaccine if thats what it takes.

2. I said it might not protect me? Where did I say such a thing? 

3. I trust this vaccine because, as I stated in a previous response, 

The year is 2020/2021. I believe scientists know enough and have learned enough from past mistakes (such as vaccines that proved to be harmful to recipients) to be able to say almost certainly that what the are providing is effective and not harmful. They have studied mRNA for decades and understand how it works. They didnt start from scratch, they based this vaccine off of existing vaccines. 

I have faith in the science and I have faith in God that all will be well and we wont be harmed :-)

The "developed in 6 months" point is fairly misleading. The covid-19 vaccine is based off of existing vaccines for other corona viruses, such as SARS. They already had a base to start from, and most of the work was already done.

Similar to how the flew shot is changed every year to varying degrees based on the emerging strain of virus.

4. I too am wary of corona related info, especially regarding death counts. It does seem the numbers have been inflated in many places, likely in an attempt to convince the populace to abide by government restrictions on the basis of the corona virus.

Regardless, it is a real virus and its extremely contagious.

40 minutes ago, Illegally EATEN said:

95% is officially considered immunity. It is unclear atm what the other 5% represents.

It is your prerogative to keep wearing a mask. My take is that, assuming that mask wearing will be determined obsolete for vaccinated individuals, we should get back to normal asap.

The corona virus is incredibly contagious. The chance of contracting it in normal circumstances is very high (comparatively).

Vaccinated individuals become immune. Once that happens, we cannot continue to live life fearing and being debilitatingly cautious based on an incredibly small percentage.

Just like we take a risk when flying, or we take a risk when driving of putting ourselves or perhaps others in danger (God forbid), or when doing literally anything in life, so too once a majority of the population is immune, the risk is so small that we cannot continue to debilitate ourselves. Every single thing in life carries a risk of some sort. Dont allow yourself to live life in constant fear of the increasingly unlikely. Youll regret it.

Its the way you snapped for me :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
On 1/3/2021 at 12:15 AM, Illegally EATEN said:

There is not enough data yet to demonstrate how long the vaccine is effective. It could be a few months, a year, or even 10 years. But we simply wont know for a while.

You need to top it up every year and there's no guarantee that you won't contract that. 

7 hours ago, Illegally EATEN said:

I applaud you for getting the vaccine - it is your choice and your right to have that choice!

However, this is incorrect, there has been no SARS vaccine in history. They never found it for the last SARS in 2003, and the one before that. Also, there has never been a cure for the common cold which is also a form of SARS.

This vaccine is 100% brand new to humans and there has never been a mRNA vaccine ever in history.

So yes it was developed within 6-8 months, clinical testing for vaccine's takes minimum 6 years. Approving emergency trials isn't going to change the effects of a vaccine down the line or if it even works.

You are most likely going to be OK, however there is a large amount of people getting terrible side effects, much higher than a usual vaccine trial.

This at the end of the day is a "trial", it's a wide-spread human trial, whether anyone chooses to believe that.

Back to your topic, the most common "side-effect" is experiencing flu-like symptoms, please let us know if that happens, and how severe it is. I'm very interested. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block