Jump to content

I got Pfizer's covid-19 vaccine. Feel free to ask me questions!


Illegally EATEN

Recommended Posts

  • Leader
On 1/2/2021 at 4:33 PM, Illegally EATEN said:

Just like a flu shot for me.

Some mild pain/soreness in the arm where I got the shot which lasted about a day or two but thats all :-)

Absolutely no other side effects.

Interesting! This is what I've been curious about the most, too. 

I'm looking forward to the world getting back to some normalcy. 

  • Like 2

Exhale+  |  Apparel |  YouTube

Link to comment
On 1/3/2021 at 2:33 AM, Illegally EATEN said:

Just like a flu shot for me.

Some mild pain/soreness in the arm where I got the shot which lasted about a day or two but thats all :-)

Absolutely no other side effects.

Yeah, my mom is a nurse, so she decided to get the vaccine as well, and it was exactly the same for her - no side effects (except for some noticeable soreness in the arm for a day or two).

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Not surprising. Our country (USA) is ****ty at the distributing the vaccines. My two cousins who work in the medical field (nurse, doctor of physical therapy) got their vaccinations at a Christmas time, they were so ecstatic to get it done and both said neither experience side effects besides a minor ache in their arm where needle went and are due to get their 2nd shot soon. 

I'm ready to just be vaccinated and get this pandemic over with. I need some normalcy.

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment

A little off topic but if anyone knows any insight to this let me know.

so Thursday I went to get a antibody test. I was positive for the IGM antibody but not the IGG one. They said I was positive with covid and to come back in 14 days. They didn’t even do a swab or anything after they told me. I have zero symptoms and I’m scared it’s about to sneak up on me lol on Xmas day I thought I had food poisoning so could that have been my covid symptom? 

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

A little off topic but if anyone knows any insight to this let me know.

so Thursday I went to get a antibody test. I was positive for the IGM antibody but not the IGG one. They said I was positive with covid and to come back in 14 days. They didn’t even do a swab or anything after they told me. I have zero symptoms and I’m scared it’s about to sneak up on me lol on Xmas day I thought I had food poisoning so could that have been my covid symptom? 


I’ve read that symptoms can be very mild. Maybe you already experienced them or maybe you are a “silent carrier”

Im sure if you get a decent amount of sleep, drink lots of water and get all ur vitamins you may recover without experiencing any symptoms. Wishing you the best! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

A little off topic but if anyone knows any insight to this let me know.

so Thursday I went to get a antibody test. I was positive for the IGM antibody but not the IGG one. They said I was positive with covid and to come back in 14 days. They didn’t even do a swab or anything after they told me. I have zero symptoms and I’m scared it’s about to sneak up on me lol on Xmas day I thought I had food poisoning so could that have been my covid symptom? 

Hi! So IgM is the first type of antibody produced in response to an infection, usually before your body has fought off the virus. IgG or IgA are produced later. This is why the doctors were able to tell you had active infection without a swab. Most likely, since you are producing IgM, your immune system is working well so I wouldn’t be too worried about developing serious symptoms if you haven’t already. Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea can all be symptoms of CoVID-19 so it’s possible that’s what you had. Just keep monitoring your health, and most importantly SELF-ISOLATE so you don’t infect others. I wouldn’t be too worried about your own health though, just go get retested for antibodies in a few weeks! If you have IgG by then you’ll know you fought off the infection completely and don’t have to worry any more! 
P.S. I would still get the vaccine when it’s available to you, since the immune response to the vaccine is different than the response to natural infection, and is likely longer-lasting! Hope this helped! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

  • Love 2
  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Mooncatcher said:

i am jealous :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad::wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad::wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

you dont have to wear a mask anymore :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud::queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye::tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

 

You should still wear a mask after vaccination if most people have not been vaccinated yet! This is because 1) a single dose doesn’t provide you with complete immunity yet 2) any immune response takes 2+ weeks to develop post vaccination so you’re not immediately out of risk 3) you could still be a carrier of the virus for a short time even if you won’t develop any symptoms, so you should wear a mask to protect those around you who haven’t been vaccinated! 

  • Love 6
  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Whoisittt said:

Hi! So IgM is the first type of antibody produced in response to an infection, usually before your body has fought off the virus. IgG or IgA are produced later. This is why the doctors were able to tell you had active infection without a swab. Most likely, since you are producing IgM, your immune system is working well so I wouldn’t be too worried about developing serious symptoms if you haven’t already. Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea can all be symptoms of CoVID-19 so it’s possible that’s what you had. Just keep monitoring your health, and most importantly SELF-ISOLATE so you don’t infect others. I wouldn’t be too worried about your own health though, just go get retested for antibodies in a few weeks! If you have IgG by then you’ll know you fought off the infection completely and don’t have to worry any more! 
P.S. I would still get the vaccine when it’s available to you, since the immune response to the vaccine is different than the response to natural infection, and is likely longer-lasting! Hope this helped! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Thank you so much! That was very helpful. ❤️

  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Whoisittt said:

You should still wear a mask after vaccination if most people have not been vaccinated yet! This is because 1) a single dose doesn’t provide you with complete immunity yet 2) any immune response takes 2+ weeks to develop post vaccination so you’re not immediately out of risk 3) you could still be a carrier of the virus for a short time even if you won’t develop any symptoms, so you should wear a mask to protect those around you who haven’t been vaccinated! 

oh this has been quite educational :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

thank you, Pfizerney :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Whoisittt said:

Hi! So IgM is the first type of antibody produced in response to an infection, usually before your body has fought off the virus. IgG or IgA are produced later. This is why the doctors were able to tell you had active infection without a swab. Most likely, since you are producing IgM, your immune system is working well so I wouldn’t be too worried about developing serious symptoms if you haven’t already. Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea can all be symptoms of CoVID-19 so it’s possible that’s what you had. Just keep monitoring your health, and most importantly SELF-ISOLATE so you don’t infect others. I wouldn’t be too worried about your own health though, just go get retested for antibodies in a few weeks! If you have IgG by then you’ll know you fought off the infection completely and don’t have to worry any more! 
P.S. I would still get the vaccine when it’s available to you, since the immune response to the vaccine is different than the response to natural infection, and is likely longer-lasting! Hope this helped! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Also should I donate my blood since I have the antibodies? 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

Also should I donate my blood since I have the antibodies? 

When you have a positive IgG antibody test, absolutely! Some places will even pay you for convalescent plasma (CP)! The efficacy of CP is still debated (see all the drama after Trump gave it emergency authorization), but most institutions have it on hold since it can be the only thing that helps some critically ill patients. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block