9 years ago: Britney as a judge on the season 2 finale of The X Factor

19 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

Yes, this!!!! It's like they literally dragged her out of bed and slapped some makeup on her but forgot to give her the script she was supposed to stick to. 

I love how her entire demeanor changed once the two kids unexpectedly came in the room :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

Twink wanted a m&g w Brit and wound up chatting to Larry ab the weather :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, lilhennythings said:

Twink wanted a m&g w Brit and wound up chatting to Larry ab the weather :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Omg :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Can you imagine if you got to FaceTime with Britney and your question was whether she thought about what kind of genre/sound she wanted to explore with her new album and she responded with nothing more than "not really" and Larry in his infinite wisdom figured the best way to salvage the mess was to ask you about the weather? :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

A few notes:

Britney had some great looks on X-Factor (and some misses) but I didn't like her finale look. The dress was fine, nothing special, but her hair and makeup were too casual for 1) the finale and 2) that dress. I wish she had really gotten glammed up.

Looking back, the "talent" on that show weren't that great. Carly Rose and Tate were good - Carly Rose truly was better and should have won. But if you watch shows like The Voice they have insanely talented people and Britney's season of the X-Factor got moderately good people.

How the HELL did 5th Harmony get to third place?? They were sooo terrible on the show. They didn't have any harmony, they couldn't perform, they had stupid performances (remember the big bows and the tea party and the waiters as butterflies wtf), and it was clear that only one or two of them were really talented. The others were their backup singers. Don't get me started on them or Camilla Racist Cabella. 

Still 5th Harmony was more sucessful than any of the voice participants ever. Thats  was the point of xfactor after all :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

1 hour ago, div said:

Still 5th Harmony was more sucessful than any of the voice participants ever. Thats  was the point of xfactor after all :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

It's crazy. But we also live in a country where Taylor Swift is on Beyonce's level, people loved when Lady Gaga wore raw steaks to an award show, people made Gangnam Style a #2 song (yet Toxic was #9), the Kardashians have had like 100 seasons of their show... so it's safe to say that bull**** is popular here.

• Love 2

I think this show was one of the worst mistakes her team could have made. Let’s face it, we stans know Britney isn’t a personality, but a performer. 

I actually watched some old footage & I remember how there were rumors she had an earpiece in & people told her what to say. After watching footage again, I do have to agree. The way she would say things to the contestants sounded like she was reading from a teleprompter, or reciting what she had just been told. 

I can’t blame her! I’m terrible being put on the spot like that. How awful for someone with anxiety to go through such an experience. Shame on her team. The uncomfortableness was on her face nearly the entire time.

You can really tell her team’s focus went to money as opposed to what she wanted and where she shined. 

• 11 months later...
On 12/22/2020 at 7:54 PM, Danielle1987 said:

I think this show was one of the worst mistakes her team could have made. Let’s face it, we stans know Britney isn’t a personality, but a performer. 

I actually watched some old footage & I remember how there were rumors she had an earpiece in & people told her what to say. After watching footage again, I do have to agree. The way she would say things to the contestants sounded like she was reading from a teleprompter, or reciting what she had just been told. 

I can’t blame her! I’m terrible being put on the spot like that. How awful for someone with anxiety to go through such an experience. Shame on her team. The uncomfortableness was on her face nearly the entire time.

You can really tell her team’s focus went to money as opposed to what she wanted and where she shined. 

Also medication against anxiety has side effects like temporary memory loss so that didn't help her.

She did the show at the worst possible period of her life. Even if she had done it in 2013, she would have been so much better.