Why did Britney's "Glory" era get cut so short?

1 hour ago, SlayOut said:

Well we were loud and successful in making it a single! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Can’t relate, I see. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

It’s too bad DYWCO couldn’t be a single. It would’ve been a serve. I remember a lot of people were pushing for Better or No Seas Cortes, but they’re deluxe tracks, so not really single candidates. Love Me Down was another Exhale favorite but... I guess people weren’t loud enough. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor: And lacked the marketing skills. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Love Me Down could’ve been a summer hit :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad::lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Brat said:

Make Me wasn’t marketed right,  it should have been performed at BBMA and at the time the video should have been out.  DYWCO should have been released as a 2nd single with a music video with choreography then slumber party. 

YES!!! I was always team DYWCO for second single, I think if it had been given the right push it could have been a sizeable hit.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

Yep!  Y'all are 2-2 at ruining eras with Criminal and Slumber Party.  Weird flex but go off sis! 

I had nothing to do with Criminal :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: And blaming fans who loved Slumber Party for ruining an entire era... :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: Team B must be so happy that you’re going after a song rather than their poor mismanagement with the era overall. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: But go off sis :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I had nothing to do with Criminal :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay: And blaming fans who loved Slumber Party for ruining an entire era... :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: Team B must be so happy that you’re going after a song rather than their poor mismanagement with the era overall. :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: But go off sis :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

The era was doomed from the start!  Britney confessing to Selena Gomez inspiring it, the team scrapping and the no-taste fans who didn't support the flop single they stanned (by demand) - CHYLE!  :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

9 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Nope lol. Only like 50% of the people here wanted SP but yall were just the loud people who lack marketing skills.  I knew it was flop as soon as y'all were demanding it as a single.  

Funny how you say this when Slumber Party was literally the only song off of ‘Glory’ that had potential to be a hit, hence why they released it. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: Any other song would have done colossally worse, and don’t get me started on that one ITZ reject with Pigrez in the chorus.

Main reason it flopped was because the rollout was a mess and well instead of booking someone of icon-status like Rihanna, they decided to be cheap and go with an artist like Tinashe. That should answer your question. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Make me was planned as the Billboard performance,  but mixing issues happened..

I kinda wonder if glory had an earlier plan,  But G Eazy was a last minute addition,  which messed up everything.

I don't think  RCA cares at all, they just put it out there knowing by legal obligation to a contract they had to. 

Their britney Instagram posts stopped. 

They no longer do Spiritual Sunday's.  

So it was obvious,  they didn't care at all.

You could tell the passion britney had for this album died, cos nobody outside her and her fans supported the album..

Make me really didn't need g easy, the scandal of the pics of him doing a line off a girl,  I just screamed cos it was like. 

Everybody knows people think britney does this stuff,  and here is g eazy her latest rapper on a Track that's about love making, and I'm like welp no way will we get that radio push. 

Those images that leaked of the nightclub did hurt the glory era as well.  

You can Google them, RCA and her team did nothing to distance Britney from the image of his party days.  

The head line was G Eazy, Brits latest collaboration partner seen doing a line off a topless girl. 

That was controversial and got her dragged unfairly so..

I know I’m late to this thread but to answer your question — the music fell short particularly the underwhelming lead with a, then, c-list rapper like G-Eazy. Nothing about the album really stood out and felt relatable to the general public. Not to mention, the music was very disposable and no tracks really screamed HIT material aside from maybe 1 or 2 tracks at most; Slumber Party being the highlight and while it was a killer track, the Tinashe duet felt very cheap and desperate when Britney should have been working with someone of a similar icon-status like Rihanna.

She also should have worked with more electro house producers like Calvin Harris, Diplo, etc. More DJ Mustard. Some Mike Will Made It. Even a Max Martin track would have probably secured her a stable and/or memorable hit. Look at what he was churning out for Ariana then. To top it off, the messy rollout; from the two crap MM music videos to the horrendous album cover.  

• Like 1

The fact clumsy was a huge in the Hollywood gay club scene..

There was tracks that could have been sent to clubs..

At this stage,  britney has the dance floor, radio and streaming services prove that. 

If I was RCA I'd do two albums one aimed at her R&B and hip hop crowd and another aimed to be marketed for the dance floor. 

That way both her audiences win.