Why did Britney's "Glory" era get cut so short?

7 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

MM wasn’t the right lead single choice. It’s a mediocre song. If I’m Dancing or Man on the Moon would have been a better choice.

I’d have still releases Slumber Party as a single but perhaps not the second (maybe 4th). She should have promoted her second single more. 

Songs like SITS and Mood Ring should have been on the original album and replaced songs like Private Show, Clumsy and What You Need. 

She should have did a Glory tour outside of Vegas where it was themed and she did mainly songs from her new album (ie less of the Greatest Hits). She also should have focused more on the album during promotion rather than the recycled residency hits like WB, Slave etc. She could have been performing songs like Better and Love Me Down to showcase the album.

Honestly 2016 was such a good time for her career I just think the single choices were all wrong. She was promoting a lot during Glory and she was on fire! 

If I’m Dancing... as a lead single?

That would have peaked at #96 and flopped all over the world. 

Man on the Moon... wouldn’t have charted at all. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Lead single materials off of Glory consist of DYWCO, Love Me Down, or CYM :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, Kevney said:

your "theory" is just the same as everyone else. Speculation. or were you at the pool party too? I doubt it. Robin is a true insider and I believe him over you lol

well I don't really want to talk about my life here so I guess I will let you think what you want, I do understand you and it makes sense you will chose to think that way since you don't know how I know this...but what I say is 100% the truth, zero speculation, Robin was unfortunatly wrong when he said that and I clearly remember when this happened.

No pool party for me, no. 

All I can say is that every single thing I said on that post is 100% what happened, not a theory.

Again it's fustrating and I apologize if that sounds weird but it is what it is :bigkiss_britney_kissing: no problem here :)

22 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Sis, please.  The beat, the instrumental is all straight from Rihanna's Unapologetic B side library.  Unfort, all of the "Britney-esque" songs on Glory lack great choruses.  TBH the chill pop trend sucked to me so thats why Glory isn't in my trinity but I must admit MOTM and SITS are both amazing tracks that add something great to Britney's discography.  I wish "Invitation" was the 1st single from Glory tbh.  Anyways, Slumber Party is the last song that I wanted as a single.

Sweetie you saying that Invitation should have been the first single proves that you have absolutely no taste at all and completely invalidates your opinion about Slumber Party :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

It was a nice single and it had potential but it's hard to made it on the charts without any promotion 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, Oxic said:

Sweetie you saying that Invitation should have been the first single proves that you have absolutely no taste at all and completely invalidates your opinion about Slumber Party :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

It was a nice single and it had potential but it's hard to made it on the charts without any promotion 

Oh well..your opinion was trusted and the single was released and herstory PROVED your flop taste sis.  It must hurt.  Buh bye. 

47 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Sis, please.  The beat, the instrumental is all straight from Rihanna's Unapologetic B side library.  Unfort, all of the "Britney-esque" songs on Glory lack great choruses.  TBH the chill pop trend sucked to me so thats why Glory isn't in my trinity but I must admit MOTM and SITS are both amazing tracks that add something great to Britney's discography.  I wish "Invitation" was the 1st single from Glory tbh.  Anyways, Slumber Party is the last song that I wanted as a single.

29 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Man on the Moon... wouldn’t have charted at all. :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Lead single materials off of Glory consist of DYWCO, Love Me Down, or CYM :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

20 minutes ago, Oxic said:

Invitation and Man On The Moon works as nice gems and even though they are great, they're those songs that just aren't meant to be singles. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

The songs Do You Wanna Come Over, Luv Me Down and Just Luv Me shouldn't have even been on the album. Swimming in the Stars was rightfully scrapped. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Change Your Mind would have been a good 3rd single, Liar would have worked, ...Make Me could have worked if they promoted it more and Slumber Party would have been the biggest hit of 2016 if it was promoted better. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Invitation and Man On The Moon works as nice gems and even though they are great, they're those songs that just aren't meant to be singles. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

The songs Do You Wanna Come Over, Luv Me Down and Just Luv Me shouldn't have even been on the album. Swimming in the Stars was rightfully scrapped. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Change Your Mind would have been a good 3rd single, Liar would have worked, ...Make Me could have worked if they promoted it more and Slumber Party would have been the biggest hit of 2016 if it was promoted better. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Chyle, what would you replace Luv Me Down and DYWCO with?    Lordt, y'all stan an album that doesn't even exist. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Chyle, what would you replace Luv Me Down and DYWCO with?    Lordt, y'all stan an album that doesn't even exist. 

Omg no, I accidentally spelt "Luv Me Down" when referring to the song "Love Me Down" because two Britney songs with the word "Luv" were in my head. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

It's her 4th best album. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Both of those tracks are immature and are some of the biggest weaknesses of the album. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Omg no, I accidentally spelt "Luv Me Down" when referring to the song "Love Me Down" because two Britney songs with the word "Luv" were in my head. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

It's her 4th best album. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Both of those tracks are immature and are some of the biggest weaknesses of the album. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Welp, I am torn on Glory as well because of the choruses and some of the vocal production.  I like the album and its a step up from BJ and I dont think it will age as badly as FF.  I wish Liar, MOTM, SITS and Private Show had different vocal editing, I wish MM had a better chorus chanting underneath the current chorus, I wish Britney spoke the chorus herself in DYWCO or had a feature in this instead of MM, I wish SP was deleted, I wish Private Show's "work it work it..." Part was deleted...lol I wish Clumsy had a chorus

It's clear to me that late 2013 to early 2018 were all about Vegas. They used two albums (BJ & Glory) to promote her Vegas show. It wasn't really about the music. That's why BJ was rushed. Luckily, Britney took her time and worked really hard on Glory bc it is a flawless album.

But just like BJ, Glory didn't sell well and the two singles didn't do well so they didn't put money into any more singles. It's as simple as that. And she still had Vegas plus the POM Tour to do so everyone just kind of moved on from the music to continue focusing on Vegas.

• Like 1
Just now, PickleSpears said:

It's clear to me that late 2013 to early 2018 were all about Vegas. They used two albums (BJ & Glory) to promote her Vegas show. It wasn't really about the music. That's why BJ was rushed. Luckily, Britney took her time and worked really hard on Glory bc it is a flawless album.

But just like BJ, Glory didn't sell well and the two singles didn't do well so they didn't put money into any more singles. It's as simple as that. And she still had Vegas plus the POM Tour to do so everyone just kind of moved on from the music to continue focusing on Vegas.

I dont feel like Glory really promoted Vegas, tho.  I mean, wouldn't they have released an uptempo banger to promote Vegas?  I feel like Glory was more to promote The Intimate line but that got scrapped before Glory did lol

• Haha 1

@UrbanneHere are some examples of why I think Glory ended early: 

1. It all started with her melody performance at the Billboard Music Awards. She was supposed to debut Make Me there and it didn't happen, according to Robin Leach.

2. As you mentioned, the whole drama with the music video and what we got, along with the cover and everything of David's work being rejected. I believe Britney was happy with all of this and it was removed on her. 

3. Slumber Party slayed, but there was a lack of promo. They chose to perform once or twice at radio award shows, but really they skipped out on the American Music Awards, which was a big lost. 

4. Britney had some great interviews to date, however she lacked the promo of Glory, which was sad. 

And Here are some good ideas:

To add to the topic, Glory is one of her best albums! I was really hoping for "Just Luv Me" as the 3rd or 4th single. She could have also released DO You Wanna Come Over (Great Gay boy anthem) and possibly one other song such as "Better" or even No Seas Cortes with a feature from Enrique Iglesias or Ricky Martin. The Spanish music was really popular on the radio at that time. 

She could have also used Mood Ring as a single and the music video could have been flawless. I kind of visualized it as her sitting in a dark room with mirrors all around her and she is singing and steps close to a mirror and each "mood" is represented in the mirror as a different story. So every time she goes near the mirror, she goes through it and enters a story of her life. For an example, a breakup, her falling in love, and etc. Add Joseph Kahn to that video and it would be hot!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I love your analysis. Could having a third single be more costly than not having one at all? Those video costs a lot of money especially when you hire a good director and even with that it does not guarantee more album sales to offset whatever the MVs might cost. Just a theory.

My money is still on Britney team wanting to focus on the Vegas residency.

I don't know why you're qualifying and justifying Britney's 2016 VMA performance. It was the most elegant and **** (yes, only Britney could pull both off simultaneously) performance of the night. I watch that performance back occasionally and always am in awe of how simple but beautiful it is. Her dancing in that performance is closest to her "prime." Yea, the lipping wasn't great and G forgot the words, but it was a great performance anyway.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

Yes, yes, yes. Any analysis with our current knowledge of her management through the years proves it wasn't about the music. This is just a fail, bc she's a ******* musical artist, and if her music did well, she'd thrive, and so would her finances. It turns out greedy people are dumb... why would you make Perfume a single FFS? Why would Make Me G-reasy be a lead single FFS, especially when you have DYWCO on the album?

Why is Katy Perry’s Rise brought up here? Am I missing something?

In all honesty, MM felt like an album track that lacked first single oomph as set by its predecessors like Work *****, HIAM and Womanizer. I am not even blaming the MV drama; it is just not the right song to kick off an era. Shame because she looked her best in 2016 since ITZ. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Love Me Down is Fourth Single potential at best and CYM is third single.

Lead should have been DYWCO... **** was Toxic 2.0 in disguise.

My dream singles:

Lead: DYWCO

Second Single: Slumber Party

Promotional: Better

*album release*

Third Single: Man on the Moon

Fourth Single: Change Your Mind

My guess is behind the scenes head-butting with her team. No one can question her interest in the album, she practically gushed anytime she could talk about it. She was very involved in the creation of the album, she was very alert and present for all the promo interviews, larry said SHE pushed to perform at the vmas, she killed it at the BB Awards (not to mention she was seen backstage so happy after her performance), etc. It all adds up to her wanting to promote her work, wanting to get more of it out there, so the only thing i can think of is her team made it a very difficult process.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Slumber Party was never a good single choice and most people didn't want it as a single.  

The video made me like the song a lot more. But I'm a fan and I don't even think the GP knew about SP. At the end of the day, a fantastic song will do well. But a great video can only push a mediocre song so far. Britney is the kind of artist that we expect to give us both. I think she needs a focus group of fans to help her team make decisions. We could fix her.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I dont feel like Glory really promoted Vegas, tho.  I mean, wouldn't they have released an uptempo banger to promote Vegas?  I feel like Glory was more to promote The Intimate line but that got scrapped before Glory did lol

The original photoshoot and Make Me... video were set in a Vegas desert and she put Glory songs in POM. They brought up Vegas in all of her interviews and they talked about POM as much if not more than the music. Her festival performances (iHeartRadio, Apple, the Christmas shows) were all mini POM shows and Apple was the entire POM show scaled down. They broadcasted her Today show performances from the Vegas stage.

It was as if they were constantly saying, "look how great her Vegas show is, go buy tickets." It got annoying how much the Glory era was about Vegas and how much they used that album to promote it.

• Like 1