Taylor Swift's new bewitching remix of "willow" by Elvira will put a spell on you

Jordan Miller

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

I love how she covered all that 8-vinyl covers gimmick up with “aRtiStrY” :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Atleast Britney isn’t this desperate for 1-sale :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Don’t get me wrong, she’s still one of my favorite artists, but this year has been a cringe fest. At least do what Dua does and release several singles, give us visuals, performances. Dua milking FN actually feels like a proper album release. Whatever Taylor is doing is just milking for the sake of commercial success. I never thought she was this chart hungry and obsessed. I see her re-recording her albums now as a way to continue to chart dominate NOT over the whole owning her masters. It’s to feed her ego 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Don’t get me wrong, she’s still one of my favorite artists, but this year has been a cringe fest. At least do what Dua does and release several singles, give us visuals, performances. Dua milking FN actually feels like a proper album release. Whatever Taylor is doing is just milking for the sake of commercial success. I never thought she was this chart hungry and obsessed. I see her re-recording her albums now as a way to continue to chart dominate NOT over the whole owning her masters. It’s to feed her ego 

Same here. I think this is my 1099th saying that she is one artist that I really like, but I hate how she covers her lust for still wanting power, success and monstrous sales. It’s obvious she doesn’t want to meet her decline yet ,even though all the other stars I stan and know, accept their fate and allow the new generation of singers to shine and I honestly have no problems with her business gimmicks. A man can do what she does, and get away with it without being called-out, she truly is a smart business-woman, but I hate how she and her fans deny it, like even if I was a stan I would acknowledge that she still wants to stay big. And yes, I also hav the same thoughts. And it would be quite obvious she is re-recording it for money-sake if she as well introduces more business and sale tactics for the remastered versions of her albums :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

7 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

2020 has proven how chart hungry and obsessed she is. I always thought she did it for her fans, but it’s apparent she does it to stroke her ego. The .69 cent releases, remixes and surprise releases and 100+ different album covers, bundles, constant autographed bundles shipped is just what others have been doing to exploit the system. At least when Britney’s Make Me was .69 it was her record label. Taylor is responsible for these releases and they’re all copyrighted by her so it’s a little cringe at this point :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I love how she covered all that 8-vinyl covers gimmick up with “aRtiStrY” :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Atleast Britney isn’t this desperate for 1-sale :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Her fans have always loved the different options that she gives them. She gives them different covers so they can pick their faves. No one is forcing these fans to buy different covers. And I don't think this new direction shows that she is chart hungry. This was a HUGE risk. Alternative music rarely goes over well especially when the majority of these albums is slow and melancholic. Others have been trying to copy her and flopped. No one does it like her, and I don't think that's a bad thing... ESPECIALLY when she uses her status to help other artists.

• Love 3
Just now, InTheZone4Life said:

Her fans have always loved the different options that she gives them. She gives them different covers so they can pick their faves. No one is forcing these fans to buy different covers.

Not really. One thing the k-pop and Taylor fans do share is that they buy BUNDLES of physical copies and Taylor recognized that. Her fans were still running to Target to buy all 4 versions of the lover CD so when Folklore came out she thought she could do it again and yes it did worked because I know many stans who bought ALL copies and it’s ok, it’s a pretty god tactic and I applaud her for her smart-mind and how to manipulate sales, it’s a great thing.

3 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

This was a HUGE risk. Alternative music rarely goes over well especially when the majority of these albums is slow and melancholic.

Folklore is basically what Lana Del Rey has been doing since ultra-violence. There have been stars way before Taylor whom introduced alternative music and paved the path for her, so it really wasn’t that hard because 1. She is an established pop star and knew it was the right place in her career to release a “different” album. 2. She knew people were getting bored with pop-Taylor, so she switched the sound.

5 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

No one does it like her, and I don't think that's a bad thing...

So that’s what I said...I have no problems with her doing business moves if she Wanna stays powerful but I hate it the way she covers it up, like just say it and be direct to the point and I would shut up.

26 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Her fans have always loved the different options that she gives them. She gives them different covers so they can pick their faves. No one is forcing these fans to buy different covers. And I don't think this new direction shows that she is chart hungry. This was a HUGE risk. Alternative music rarely goes over well especially when the majority of these albums is slow and melancholic. Others have been trying to copy her and flopped. No one does it like her, and I don't think that's a bad thing... ESPECIALLY when she uses her status to help other artists.

No one is forcing them but she knows they will anyways. She should release a poll and ask them to vote for the album cover and maybe another deluxe cover. How is releasing the lead single at .69, an “Elvira remix” also at .69, and the album as another surprise release mere months away from the last time she did that not a chart hungry tactic? The long pond sessions or whatever was also another gimmick as was releasing another version with The Lakes on it. This could’ve easily been a double album since they were released months away. She’s been planning on doing this and seeing Folklore stay on the charts just fuels this desire to remain on top. Alternative is a very popular genre in the United States and tied to her name AND a surprise release? I mean who was going to not buy it? She could release an album of voice memos and her fans would buy every single possible version. It’s not about the genre, but the artist behind it. Anyways, I bought a Folklore vinyl and the iTunes album, but really put off by this release. Don’t even get me started on the re-recordings. If she released them as a compilation for her fans who have already bought her past work or just charged say $40 for the entire discography that would be something to else, but to release each individually just to inflate her numbers? That’s desperation at best 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

No one is forcing them but she knows they will anyways. She should release a poll and ask them to vote for the album cover and maybe another deluxe cover. How is releasing the lead single at .69, an “Elvira remix” also at .69, and the album as another surprise release mere months away from the last time she did that not a chart hungry tactic? The long pond sessions or whatever was also another gimmick as was releasing another version with The Lakes on it. This could’ve easily been a double album since they were released months away. She’s been planning on doing this and seeing Folklore stay on the charts just fuels this desire to remain on top. Alternative is a very popular genre in the United States and tied to her name AND a surprise release? I mean who was going to not buy it? She could release an album of voice memos and her fans would buy every single possible version. It’s not about the genre, but the artist behind it. Anyways, I bought a Folklore vinyl and the iTunes album, but really put off by this release. Don’t even get me started on the re-recordings. If she released them as a compilation for her fans who have already bought her past work or just charged say $40 for the entire discography that would be something to else, but to release each individually just to inflate her numbers? That’s desperation at best 

I think the poll is a good idea. But I also know some artists have contracts with Target for exclusive content. So it makes sense that there are different version for them. I guess maybe the difference is what we feel is her true intention. I took her at her word when she said she hadn't been planning folklore, but since everything was cancelled with COVID, she started writing new stuff and wanted to put it out. And after she released folklore, she just kept writing. She said in her livestream that she had always wanted to release an "anthology" of albums. So this made sense. I think she truly did just want to keep creating since all of the entertainment industry is still basically shut in at home. You feel that she has been planning this for a while. That's not something either of us can prove.

I do think she will probably release all of her re-records separately, but I anticipate new content that will make it worth it - previously unreleased songs from the vault, new artwork, maybe some commentary or voice memos. I guess you could call it a money grab, while I'd just call this option smart marketing. She wants to own her masters, stick it to Scott and Scooter, and give her fans - that actually do care about where their money goes - an opportunity to support her and not people who betrayed her.

She will most likely go back to pop music when stuff opens back up. I would imagine while she is creating all of this stuff, she is creating pop music too. She will release something new to revitalize her pop catalog. I took her discounted songs and stuff as being good to her fans in a pandemic. People can't afford a ton of stuff, but she wants them to still be able to buy all the things. Granted, it does helps chart songs when the song is discounted. But as you said, her fans will shell out the money, so she really didn't need to discount it. idk. Call me naive or whatever, but I guess that our perspective is different.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not really. One thing the k-pop and Taylor fans do share is that they buy BUNDLES of physical copies and Taylor recognized that. Her fans were still running to Target to buy all 4 versions of the lover CD so when Folklore came out she thought she could do it again and yes it did worked because I know many stans who bought ALL copies and it’s ok, it’s a pretty god tactic and I applaud her for her smart-mind and how to manipulate sales, it’s a great thing.

Folklore is basically what Lana Del Rey has been doing since ultra-violence. There have been stars way before Taylor whom introduced alternative music and paved the path for her, so it really wasn’t that hard because 1. She is an established pop star and knew it was the right place in her career to release a “different” album. 2. She knew people were getting bored with pop-Taylor, so she switched the sound.

So that’s what I said...I have no problems with her doing business moves if she Wanna stays powerful but I hate it the way she covers it up, like just say it and be direct to the point and I would shut up.

I know other stars do alternative music. And she has always had kind things to say about Lana's work. She genuinely is a fan of different genres and has such an eclectic taste. I'm not surprised that she wanted to try an alternative sound with some of her favorite artists in the genre. I don't think it's accurate to say that she knew people were getting bored with pop-Taylor. She had Lover Fest planned for this year. More things were planned, but she couldn't do them because of the pandemic. I fully expect her to go back to pop Taylor later when she is ready to tour again. She will be able to do new stuff, Lover stuff, and stuff from her old catalog then. People didn't get bored of her, and they didn't expect this either from her. It was a risk to take her career in this direction. What if she can't go back to pop? What if she can't go back to country? There is always risk involved when switching gears with any pop star. Lots of pop stars try and change their sound and it comes back to bite them. There are no guarantees with the general public.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I think the poll is a good idea. But I also know some artists have contracts with Target for exclusive content. So it makes sense that there are different version for them. I guess maybe the difference is what we feel is her true intention. I took her at her word when she said she hadn't been planning folklore, but since everything was cancelled with COVID, she started writing new stuff and wanted to put it out. And after she released folklore, she just kept writing. She said in her livestream that she had always wanted to release an "anthology" of albums. So this made sense. I think she truly did just want to keep creating since all of the entertainment industry is still basically shut in at home. You feel that she has been planning this for a while. That's not something either of us can prove.

I do think she will probably release all of her re-records separately, but I anticipate new content that will make it worth it - previously unreleased songs from the vault, new artwork, maybe some commentary or voice memos. I guess you could call it a money grab, while I'd just call this option smart marketing. She wants to own her masters, stick it to Scott and Scooter, and give her fans - that actually do care about where their money goes - an opportunity to support her and not people who betrayed her.

She will most likely go back to pop music when stuff opens back up. I would imagine while she is creating all of this stuff, she is creating pop music too. She will release something new to revitalize her pop catalog. I took her discounted songs and stuff as being good to her fans in a pandemic. People can't afford a ton of stuff, but she wants them to still be able to buy all the things. Granted, it does helps chart songs when the song is discounted. But as you said, her fans will shell out the money, so she really didn't need to discount it. idk. Call me naive or whatever, but I guess that our perspective is different.

No it is incredibly smart marketing. You make valid points though 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block