Taylor Swift - "evermore" album (deluxe) stream + comment party

Invitation

32 minutes ago, JSDSandiego said:

What are the top 5 songs from Evermore... ill give those a chance. (Im not a huge fan of Folk)

following up on my own comment, but Billboard released a ranking: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9498113/taylor-swift-evermore-songs-ranked.

Adding Tis the Damn Season and these 5 to my spotify...

5 Willow

4 Closure

3 Ivy

2 No Body, No Crime feat. Haim

1 Long Story Short

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

I'm doing well. I got a little hesitant about getting online because with the elections there were a lot of hostile people in my mentions on FB and Twitter. So I got turned off of logging onto anything for a while. But I HAD to come back for TayTay :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I expect her to send No Body, No Crime to country radio. It has MAJOR country vibes. But I've been a HUGE fan of her friendship with the HAIM sisters. I love their Days Are Gone album too. So maybe I'm biased. 

What do you think of gold rush?

Well i'm glad to see you're back, you've been missed! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Well it's great you've got your faves on one song together!

I like Gold Rush too, I think it's a very solid album!

• Love 1

Finally listened! Here's my thoughts (also refusing to write the song titles in all-lowercase, sorry):

1. Willow - YASS!!! A BAWP! It's more of an uptempo version of Invisible String. A great opening track to the album and I look forward to seeing the video. I can see this being a hit.

2. Champagne Problems - Oh god, this song is so heartbreaking :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad: such a beautiful ballad.

3. Gold Rush - Yasssss I love this one!!!! Another bawp! The irony of her saying 'FOLKLORE' in the middle 8 though...

4. Tis the Damn Season - Another cute bawp, don't like it as much as the first three tracks but it'll probably grow on me.

5. Tolerate It - I think I still prefer My Tears Ricochet but the lyrics in this one are heartbreaking.

6. No Body, No Crime - A country BAWP!! It's so catchy and could make a good single. I love the story behind this one. 

7. Happiness - This song is so dreamy and lush sounding. It does take a while to get going but that build up is amazing. 

8. Dorothea - This one's okay, not one of my faves so far though.

9. Coney Island - Taylor and Matt Berninger's voices blend so well together on this one! Another lush-sounding one :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

10. Ivy - Love the laidback vibes of this song. And that subtle guitar halfway through!!!

11. Cowboy Like Me - Not the uptempo country bop I was expecting this to be but it's still a pretty good song. 

12. Long Story Short - WHAAAAATTTT!! I wasn't expecting this song to be such a BAWP!! Yes Taylor, give us that indie pop song with that glitchy instrumental! The production reminds me of The 1, just on *********. This BETTER be a single.

13. Marjorie - Taylor's very own Joanne, this is a really sweet song and I love the vibe of this one (I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point, ddd). I also like the theory it might be about Majorie West, the girl who went missing from Pennsylvania in the 1930s... and this links back to Dorothea as that was the name of her sister. 

14. Closure - Wasn't expecting the glitchy production on this track. It's cute but feels a bit short. 

15. Evermore - It's no Exile but it's still an absolutely stunning song and a perfect closer for the standard edition of the album. Taylor and Bon Iver are a match made in heaven tbh.

Overall, this is a solid album. In a way, it's very much in the same vein as Folklore so it makes sense Taylor called it a 'sister companion'. This album does have a few more uptempo songs than Folklore does though, which didn't really have any. I'm not sure which album I prefer but this is a great effort. This folk/indie pop/chamber pop sound suits Taylor so much. 

And HAYLEY TWEETED (and Taylor RESPONDED)!!! We need a collab girls!

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Alxatc said:

evermore is beautiful... my favorites are "cowboy like me," "evermore (fear. Bon Iver)," "willow," "tolerate it," and "happiness." she is an amazing poet, and the soft and calm instrumentals really make me think deeply.

and sorry i've been M.I.A. .... I've been through a lot the past few months... basically went through a bad breakup and it completely broke me. i know this isn't the place to share, but the album makes me realize that while i can do my best not to think about it at this point, it is still there. it makes me sad, but hopefully it will help me continue to heal.

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

big hug, Aussie chum 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block