Taylor Swift - "evermore" album (deluxe) stream + comment party

Invitation

Only got 4 songs in. 

I liked folklore. I thought it was long and I only was able to listen to it in full once, but it was calm to put on in the background. 

But this is too much. Another whole hour of the same sounding songs. I’ve been a Lana Del Rey fan since 2012, so I’m used to liking music that is supposedly “boring,” but my god, 2 hours of folklore-esque music is just too boring. I don’t get it. Maybe it’s because I’m not one to pay much attention to lyrics. 

Good for Taylor that she was able to continuing profiting off this sound and able to probably get another #1 critically-acclaimed album, but this is just not for me. 

On 12/10/2020 at 12:08 PM, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Its been deemed her best album, in regards to lyrical content, experimental sound and overall ballsiness of it?

To be fair, what’s so experimental about it? Nothing new and it’s like she’s trying to put on a “Look! Take me serious! I’m making deep music others have done better...” Tori Amos, Jewel, and Sarah McLachlan are artists that come to mind when I want to hear real deep music she’s trying to copy. The lyrics sound trite like a school girl’s diary.

2 hours ago, MamboDoesItBetter said:

To be fair, what’s so experimental about it? Nothing new and it’s like she’s trying to put on a “Look! Take me serious! I’m making deep music others have done better...” Tori Amos, Jewel, and Sarah McLachlan are artists that come to mind when I want to hear real deep music she’s trying to copy. The lyrics sound trite like a school girl’s diary.

Any genre change is going to be an experiment for an artist. To build your career on country, and become an hugely successful award winning artist is one thing, but to gradually evolve to pop and then completely switch directions is a risk she took that worked in her favour. To go from Stadium Pop to Indie Folk music (a new sound), particularly when all your contemporaries are trying to make people feel good while dance music is risky.

The recording process was practically blind too as, due to restrictions, they could not travel or meet, meaning the intimate music was made in a completely isolated space.

If you do not like it that's fine, but that doesnt change the fact that she won critics over, won listeners over, had huge sales and had chart success. Nowadays, artists are lucky to get one of those things.

• Love 4
On 12/11/2020 at 10:00 AM, Arcticlover said:

To me taylors voice is amazing and she's been getting better with time and she sings live. And that's quite objective you can check what most vocal coaches say. I don't think most people would say the same about Britney. She can't dance so what ? She writes her songs she's talented and she's involved in her art and takes part in the whole process. Yes Britney is a legend but you can't discredit Taylor sorry. 

TS is a genaric pop star! None of her album is a trend setter. She follows the trend to get number 1 like Katy Perry and Rihanna. Whereas Britney is a trend setter. She create stuff and people follows it. 

Just now, Sourab Patodi said:

Britney

Just now, Sourab Patodi said:

TS is a geomatics pop star! None of her album is a trend setter. She follows the trend to get number 1 like Katy Perry and Rihanna. Whereas Britney is a trend setter. She create stuff and people follows it. 

I mean generics ^^

33 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

TS is a genaric pop star! None of her album is a trend setter. She follows the trend to get number 1 like Katy Perry and Rihanna. Whereas Britney is a trend setter. She create stuff and people follows it. 

Britney WAS* a trendsetter. Taylor didn't follow any trend when she created folklore.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Chromatica - 90s and early 2000's dance music 

Future nostalgia - 90s and early 2000's dance music.

Smile was a dance record, ariana released a pop record, miley released a 80s inspired pop rock record...with a feature from an artist that released a successful dance record .

Taylor released an acoustic folk album?

What trend did she follow?

• Like 6

Adding on to the convo: she used to annoy me. Her over controlling ways were cringey to say the least. There was just a thread of constant anger against people who didn't well, bent to her. But honestly, I see her differently after these two albums. As a person, I don't know, but as an artist. I see her as a real artist now and not because she came up with a folksy record. It is because the amount of dedication the narrative of those two albums required is something not everyone would do. Also, it is the first time she has a real message that goes beyond the offended poptard who finds ways to pretend she doesn't care about being the prom queen, when that is all she wants. I never cared if Katy Perry broke her heart or if Harry Styles had nice hair. This narrative though, the somehow self-referential, but way deeper and poetic Folklore and Evermore show that she can see beyond the prom queen glasses. You need empathy towards the characters you build up for them to have real emotion, which is what she accomplished thus time. 

Yeah, she had some solid songs, but nothing great or grand. They were formulaic and occasional. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 3:59 AM, BabkaAutorka said:

She's literally nothing special when it comes to singing... 

But gurl knows how to market though. In that aspect, she is a genius, to create this facade image, just like Beyoncé. 

I used to love Beyoncé. Even fancied her in my teenage years during her Crazy in love era. But I just find her unbearable these days, just like Taylor. Not genuine. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block