Unpopular opinion? It’s criminal best single from FF?

JP9101

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Criminal as an single was the right decision. I really like Inside Out, but that is another song about *** people would forget quickly

Tik Tok is the proof of the song longevity. Kids are listening now and lovin It.

Criminal basically will never get old, the lyrics, the Melody, the beat... As much as I like FF, that album has that specific sound from 2011 music era...

Soon It will reach ttwe on Spotify and keep growing on Youtube. A real anthem.

8 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

It wasn't for me (used to be one of my faves) but the fact that Britney doesn't sing the oh oh oh's or see the sunlight at the end means she only has two verses of sing-talking where she sounds kind of nasally. I'm pissed she didn't record the vocal for the chorus + bridge. I would say she is 40% on this track.  :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay: I believe this track set a precedent that ultimately led us to Beatle Juice.

I heard somewhere that Britney had the intentions to get a vocal coach for FF and Dr. Luke told her not to bother and that it wasn't necessary due to all the studio trickery he had in mind.

Here is a video with the dry vocals without autotune. This is all Brit recorded for the track. (Or all that was used.)

There's also the fact that Dr. Luke produced it and its tied to the Dr. Luke/Kesha drama. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That and I don't think the video was that good. You could tell she wasn't feeling it. Plus, this is what I think of whenever I think of the music video: 

"The set was a little much. It was grimy and gross and it felt like there was poop everywhere when there wasn't," she recalled. "It was sweat and it was disgusting sometimes ... [I] tough it out," she laughed.

💩💩💩

So all in all, did not age well for me. But was epic when it was released and we were all a bit more innocent.

Hey, not attacking or doubting you, but how this person can prove Britney only sang what is in this video? The stems leaked?

23 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Yes, the stems leaked years ago. And when you get to the see the sunlight part, etc. Its clearly not Britney.

You can hear clearly here. Its a bummer. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

If these were from stems it's weird how edited some parts are.

The see the sunlight... Part is so distorced it's hard for me to tell who they are, but It seems more than one people singing.

I wouldn't doubt they did the same what they did with circus. The pre-chorus Britney sang quietly and less vibrant, then they put **** to outsang her with more enthusiasm.

I think we will always have doubts (I have mine) over songs where we know It had Myah somehow involved.

I don't even listen to the songs with her involvement that much these days.

11 hours ago, Buffybot said:

If these were from stems it's weird how edited some parts are.

The see the sunlight... Part is so distorced it's hard for me to tell who they are, but It seems more than one people singing.

I wouldn't doubt they did the same what they did with circus. The pre-chorus Britney sang quietly and less vibrant, then they put **** to outsang her with more enthusiasm.

I think we will always have doubts (I have mine) over songs where we know It had Myah somehow involved.

I don't even listen to the songs with her involvement that much these days.

The thing is that no audio exists of Britney singing those lines. Not even in the stems. So in this case there is no "Britney singing quietly." I wish that were the case, but there isn't evidence for it. With both He About to Lose Me and Circus we have stems to show that her vocals are there deeply buried and overly processed. She is completely absent on TTWE in these sections. 

And yes I believe its multiple people. Kesha and Myah Marie perhaps? That I am not so sure about. I'd look up the credits but I don't feel like being anymore depressed tonight than I have to. lmao

And yes sadly I find myself listening to most things Myah makes an appearance in less and less. And yes this includes Circus, because I no longer feel the adrenaline moving through my veins now that I know she's there. The worst part is that Britney is perfectly capable of singing these parts on her own. There is no need for Myah. Often times fans have managed to release their own versions of these songs and put Britney's vocal back (Alien and Work *****, for instance.) and it sounds better than the final product. 

Its a travesty. 

• 4 weeks later...

Criminal is my least favorite single of FF tbh. It's a good song but when you compare this to HIAM, TTWE and IWG it's not that good. I love I Wanna Go and Till The World Ends because it gives me summer 2011 vibes damn and I love dance-pop songs, it still sounds good to me. And Hold It Against Me is a great song obvi. Criminal gets kinda boring but lyrics are good for TikTok or something lol 

Archived