Unpopular opinion? It’s criminal best single from FF?

JP9101

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Criminal actually holds so much sentimental value to me and I'm considering walking down the aisle of my wedding to the instrumental

That being said, I do truly love the song but over time I wanna go has grown on me

Hold it against me I've always kinda been meh about and ttwe is pretty much the only song on ff that I regularly skip

2 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Anyone who has TTWE anywhere else but at the bottom of the list should be ashamed of themselves and exiled from their communities

Just my 2 cents xo

It wasn't for me (used to be one of my faves) but the fact that Britney doesn't sing the oh oh oh's or see the sunlight at the end means she only has two verses of sing-talking where she sounds kind of nasally. I'm pissed she didn't record the vocal for the chorus + bridge. I would say she is 40% on this track.  :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay: I believe this track set a precedent that ultimately led us to Beatle Juice.

I heard somewhere that Britney had the intentions to get a vocal coach for FF and Dr. Luke told her not to bother and that it wasn't necessary due to all the studio trickery he had in mind.

Here is a video with the dry vocals without autotune. This is all Brit recorded for the track. (Or all that was used.)

There's also the fact that Dr. Luke produced it and its tied to the Dr. Luke/Kesha drama. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That and I don't think the video was that good. You could tell she wasn't feeling it. Plus, this is what I think of whenever I think of the music video: 

"The set was a little much. It was grimy and gross and it felt like there was poop everywhere when there wasn't," she recalled. "It was sweat and it was disgusting sometimes ... [I] tough it out," she laughed.

💩💩💩

So all in all, did not age well for me. But was epic when it was released and we were all a bit more innocent.

1 hour ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

It wasn't for me (used to be one of my faves) but the fact that Britney doesn't sing the oh oh oh's or see the sunlight at the end means she only has two verses of sing-talking where she sounds kind of nasally. I'm pissed she didn't record the vocal or the bridge. I would say she is 40% on this track.  :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay: I believe this track set a precedent that ultimately led us to Beatle Juice.

I heard somewhere that Britney had the intentions to get a vocal coach for FF and Dr. Luke told her not to bother and that it wasn't necessary due to all the studio trickery he had in mind.

Here is a video with the dry vocals without autotune. This is all Brit recorded for the track. (Or all that was used.)

There's also the fact that Dr. Luke produced it and its tied to the Dr. Luke/Kesha drama. This leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

That and I don't think the video was that good. You could tell she wasn't feeling it. Plus, this is what I think of whenever I think of the music video: 

"The set was a little much. It was grimy and gross and it felt like there was poop everywhere when there wasn't," she recalled. "It was sweat and it was disgusting sometimes ... [I] tough it out," she laughed.

💩💩💩

So all in all, did not age well for me. But was epic when it was released and we were all a bit more innocent.

The fact that she literally had a stuffed nose for half her recordings in Femme Fatale

Unbothered queen

giphy.thumb.gif.023da8fbf4c5cf7eec2f725183c491ea.gif

Even though Femme Fatale turned out great and I still use some of its tracks, it's so apparent Britney's heart wasn't into it

I loved Criminal right away.. when I listen to the song I was like "wow".. I send it to my friends and everyone liked it.. I vote it to be a single but I wanted "inside out" to be a single too..  

I can't say it's the best one but it's a great song.. On the other hand I really don't like the video.. I don't like Britneys look and all the actors acting.. With the kind of story line it should be dramatic but it's not!

The best video of the album is HIAM for me.. It's different, cool, dramatic, plus Britney put an effort in it I'm sure

Archived