Who Are The 10 Most Important Pop Stars Of All Time?

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

And it's true Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg 

Yes, POP-rock, a sub-genre of pop/popular music. They are considered POP STARS and much of their catalogue is categorized as pop music, as well as charting on the pop charts. Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

The double standards I'm screaming Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

AND fyi, I'm not the only one who thinks 50 Cent is a pop star. Just ask Billboard themselves. Poor you and @BUWYGF yet again. Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

Leave me out of this mess :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:

1. MJ

2. Madonna 

3. Britney 

4. Prince

5. Whitney

6. Janet

7. Mariah 

8. Celine 

9. Kylie Minogue (I’m Aussie)

10. Rihanna 

What’s very clear to me though is the top 3 should mostly consist of MJ, Madonna and Britney.. Those 3 have had the biggest influence in pop music regardless if you like them or not! I put my bias towards Britney aside (I was tempted to put her at number 2) but that being said she’s literally a pop music legend and that top 3 is pretty iconic!! 

• Love 2

Top 5 of FOREVER WORLDWIDE POP SUPERSTAR LEGENDS:

1. Elvis Presley
2. Michael Jackson
3. Madonna
4. Janet Jackson
5. Britney Spears > NUMBER ONE IN MY HEART THOUGH

They are special because they were/are trendsetters, they made the rules and changed the world (global scale).

THEN... Come all the rest. The list is long, and I truly don't really care about the order, and of course they are so many that I'm sure I'm missing many, but I'll mention these:

- Cher > She's the definition of trendsetter but her music and personality are not as global.
- Kylie Minogue > QUEEN (of Disco)
- Mariah Carey > Queen of Number Ones
- Celine Dion > Her voice and personality are one of a kind.
- Barbra Streisand > Probably the best singer of them all (the most trained)
- Whitney Houston > Amazing voice but her music catalogue is quite underwhelming, honestly...
- Tina Turner > Fantastic performer!!
- Aretha Franklin > Queen of Soul
- Ricky Martin > THE MALE BRITNEY <3
- Shakira > The most famous Latin singer period.
- Thalía > The Original Latin Queen
- Shania Twain > Canadian Country Popstar (?)
- Christina Aguilera > Belting B itch
- Lady Gaga > Perfect Popstar (By The Book)
- Beyoncé > mkay.
- Rihanna > If Beyoncé Were Likeable
- Ariana Grande > Mini Mariah

And then, some others like...
- Miley Cyrus > The smartest (but also wildest) popstar
- Alanis Morissette
- Adele
- Taylor Swift
- Jennifer Lopez
- P!nk
- Katy Perry
- Lana Del Rey
- Selena Gomez
- Charli XCX
- Avril Lavigne

These are new, but very promising:
- Billie Eilish
- Dua Lipa
- Doja Cat
- Bebe Rexha

I don't really know them, but also:
- Elton John
- Prince
- David Bowie
- George Michael

And I hate to admit, it but also:
- Justin Timberlake
- Justin Bieber

These are rappers, but huge:
- JAY-Z
- Kanye West
- Eminem
- Nicki Minaj > UGH SHE'S AMAZING
- Lil Kim
- Megan Thee Stallion > she's new but pheww...

* EDIT: Diana Ross! See? You always miss someone...

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, bliss said:

1. The Beatles

2. Elvis Presley

3. Michael Jackson

4. Madonna

5. Tina Turner

6. Barbra Streisand

7. Diana Ross

8. Cher

9. Whitney Houston

10. Mariah Carey

Honorable mentions: Janet Jackson, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé and Celine Dion.

What? Britney spears not in the top 10 when she redefined pop in the late 90s-early 00s. Interesting :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:........

Also are the Beatles, Elvis, Diana Ross, Tina Turner even considered pop because like...these are the artist delusional-rock fans say are real music artist and dont do pop garbage :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

What? Britney spears not in the top 10 when she redefined pop in the late 90s-early 00s. Interesting :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:........

Also are the Beatles, Elvis, Diana Ross, Tina Turner even considered pop because like...these are the artist delusional-rock fans say are real music artist and dont do pop garbage :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

The artists I listed inspired multiple generations though we have to be realistic about Britney's impact, I don't think people that were born in the 2010s (people that didn't grow up with her being one of the world's biggest popstars) are listening to her music. Yes The Beatles, Elvis, Diana (who's probably the biggest female artist of the 70s) and Tina are all pop stars even though the first 2 and Tina are associated with Rock & Roll and Diana did a lot of R&B.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Some huge girls (or men)  aren't "Pop"  so they're not in my top 10. This is my pure top 10 pop singers (by chronogical order and not by preference):

1. Cher 

2. Michael Jackson

3. Madonna

4. Spice Girls

5. Backstreet Boys 

6. Kylie Minogue

7. Britney Spears 

8. Girls Aloud

9. Lady Gaga

10. Dua Lipa 

1: Beatles (they are pop and 🪨).

2: Elvis Presley (he is pop among other things, confirmed under his Wikipedia just like Beatles).

3: Michael Jackson.

4: Whitney Houston.

5: Madonna.

6: Elton John.

7: Rihanna (she’s a legend sales wise and way above Beyoncé at that, who would have thought that?) 

8: Celine Dion.

9: Mariah Carey.

10: Taylor Swift (cuz of her sales Thereas influence, I personally don’t like her that much but I recognise and accept facts).

Fun facts:

1: Britney and Janet Jackson have the same amount of sales. :bow_bowing_orange:

2: Janet’s sales are surpassed by Beyoncé, Adele, Maroon 5, Lil Wayne, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, and Drake etc. :mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

3: Who would have thought Gaga has sold less than Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Chris Brown, Ed Sheehan, Biebs, Kanye, Drake etc. Time to reevaluate who’s genius and who’s a self centred smug smart ***. :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block