Who Are The 10 Most Important Pop Stars Of All Time?

4 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

Pop music = popular music Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg 

And? Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

But say we went with your theory then why is it that the Beatles are considered a pop band?  Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

Because it is a wrong statement Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

Beatles genre is rock, pop-rock, glam rock and anything rock but they have never done pop music Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

5 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

Would Adele no longer be considered a 'pop star' considering she was the first artist in history to go #1 on the Billboard Pop Charts with a song that only featured piano and vocals with 'Set Fire To The Rain'? Please enlighten us.Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

Her music is pop tho Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

16 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

And? Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

And it's true Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg 

16 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Because it is a wrong statement Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

Beatles genre is rock, pop-rock, glam rock and anything rock but they have never done pop music Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

Yes, POP-rock, a sub-genre of pop/popular music. They are considered POP STARS and much of their catalogue is categorized as pop music, as well as charting on the pop charts. Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

20 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Her music is pop tho Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

The double standards I'm screaming Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

AND fyi, I'm not the only one who thinks 50 Cent is a pop star. Just ask Billboard themselves. Poor you and @BUWYGF yet again. Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

• Haha 1

And it's true Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

So? Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

Yes, POP-rock, a sub-genre of pop/popular music. They are considered POP STARS and much of their catalogue is categorized as pop music, as well as charting on the pop charts. Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg

They rarely did pop-rock tho and because they r white, people thought they r pop Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

17 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well Billboard has been shady and uncredible after the last minute change for Blackout debuting #2 so their irrelevant Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

Yes because I'm going to take the opinion of some 14 year old musty twink sitting in his attic over a widely-recognized and renowned musical news and chart publisher. q9QND4R.jpg

17 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

And yes Adele is pop Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

But wait didn't you say pop is "influenced by disco, dance, and contemporary Rn'B"? q9QND4R.jpg

Last time I was aware, Adele was neither of the three q9QND4R.jpg

The drags just write themselves considering The Beatles are just as much of pop stars as is Adele q9QND4R.jpg 

• Haha 1

But wait didn't you say pop is "influenced by disco, dance, and contemporary Rn'B"? q9QND4R.jpg

Her style is more pop-ballad so Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

5 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

The drags just write themselves considering The Beatles are just as much of pop stars as is Adele q9QND4R.jpg 

No they arent because their style is rock music, not pop Beyonce-and-Christina-Aguilera.thumb.jpg.86c29e105d4328f6f9b42f62026cad12.jpg

Only Females with no order:

Cher

Madonna

Janet

Whitney

Mariah

Celine

Britney

Beyonce

Lady GaGa

Rihanna

Clearly this

Honorable mentions: Barbra Streisand, Diana Ross, Donna Summer, Tina Turner (pop?), Cyndi Lauper, Kylie Minogue and Christina Aguilera.

Taylor never in the top 10... Sorry only in USA.

• Like 1

Hmmm...for me I think its:

1. Michael Jackson

2. Madonna

3. Janet Jackson

4. Whitney Houston

5. Mariah Carey

6. George Michael

7. Britney Spears

8. Beyoncé 

9. Rihanna 

10. Lady GaGa 

I wanted to give #10 to Taylor Swift but Lady Gaga really helped pop stars realize the impact and power MV’s can have and she definitely inspired Rihanna, Beyonce, Katy and others to step up their art in their own videos.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Beyonce does not belong to this list because she considers herself an R'N'B artist, and she hasn't produced pop music in over a decade. So she can kindly find her place in any of the rnb top 10 lists :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

As for my list:

1. MJ
  2. Madonna
  3. Whitney
  4. Celine
  5. Britney
  6. Mariah
  7. Rihanna
  8. Taylor Swift
  9. Christina Aguilera
  10. Gaga

Neither has Rihanna. Run The World in 2011 is pop. Don’t like either of them anymore, but Rihanna is not a “pop” artist anymore and hasn’t been since 2011 so almost a decade as well. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Neither has Rihanna. Run The World in 2011 is pop. Don’t like either of them anymore, but Rihanna is not a “pop” artist anymore and hasn’t been since 2011 so almost a decade as well. 

You're completely right, I'm just finding any excuse to avoid Beyonce because I dislike her :orangu_orangutan_ape:

4 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Hmmm...for me I think its:

1. Michael Jackson

2. Madonna

3. Janet Jackson

4. Whitney Houston

5. Mariah Carey

6. George Michael

7. Britney Spears

8. Beyoncé 

9. Rihanna 

10. Lady GaGa 

I wanted to give #10 to Taylor Swift but Lady Gaga really helped pop stars realize the impact and power MV’s can have and she definitely inspired Rihanna, Beyonce, Katy and others to step up their art in their own videos.

I was battling with Taylor and Gaga, they definitely are the two biggest influences of the 10s. It was hard placing them!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block