What Actually Happened on 'Britney Jean' : Myah's Reported Words (NEW)

Arckangel

Okay... YouTube user B W says they have been talking to Myah Marie on SoundBetter (where she can be hired) and she revealed to them exactly what happened. They told me (public posts):

"@RockVeteran I was talking to her on soundbetter about it" Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXbOgCia5d4&lc=UgxBaPBV0mn0GgUo5dd4AaABAg.90WKE05_lFw9GL8rE64kf_

"@RockVeteran Basically this: That she went in to do backgrounds for Britney Spears (she had done so in the past). She was then asked to do some extra doubles (which is basically overdubbing the lead vocals for extra punch and emphasis) since Britney was unavailable. During mixing Serban confused some of them for Britney making them louder than Brit's leads in places. He thought they were all Britney. That's basically it. She could have been making it up but I doubt that ahahaha." Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXbOgCia5d4&lc=UgxBaPBV0mn0GgUo5dd4AaABAg.90WKE05_lFw9GNepcNRsTh

Another YouTube user, benG, wrote this: "@MelonPeach I actually hired Myah to do some co writing/backgrounds on my upcoming debut. It came up in conversation and she said she did indeed dub most of Brit's vocals (and some other songs too), just because Britney couldn't get to the studio to do doubles and harmonies herself. I believe then in the mixing process, the mixer got confused and put the doubles up higher in the mix." Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXbOgCia5d4&lc=Ugzx0jaUb1KXpn0gOG14AaABAg.90gI3Y6APiU9ACVCYoD2c1

Mmm... So we now have not one but two YouTube users reporting the same explanation from Myah Marie. (Maybe Myah Marie should make it an official public statement, then.) 

Serban Ghenea worked as a mixing engineer on Britney Jean. According to the booklet, Serban only mixed the following tracks: Alien, Passenger, Brightest Morning Star, Hold on Tight and Perfume (The Dreaming Mix). Serban's official website lists the same tracks except for the alternate mix of Perfume.

If Myah Marie actually did reveal this, it then explains why does she sound louder in certain parts of some of those tracks, but it doesn't explain the allegations pertaining to Work *****Body AcheTil It's Gone and Chillin' With You. (As for Tik Tik Boom, according to this video, it's all Brit except for a few words and obviously the ad-libs at the end, but singing ad-libs does not quite qualify as dubbing.)

What's strange, though, is that prior to working on Britney Jean, Serban Ghenea had worked on the Britney, In the Zone, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, Circus and Femme Fatale albums, related singles, maxi-singles as well as 3 and Ooh La La. Having worked on so much of Brit's material, heard all those vocals of her a cappella, etc., he should have been able to tell her voice from Myah's... And why didn't they properly label the stems?

Serban then worked on Pretty Girls and Glory.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see how that can happen,

I'm producing my second album right now and if you don't label your stuff neatly, and if you do it too much your ears can get abit funny and you start to be confused/tuned out.

I bet he wasn't putting much effort or rushed it with Britney Jean.

That album vocal production is quite messy and not up to the usual standards of other albums.

Alien has a glaring glitch, I can't believe when they master it they didn't even bother to check it before release.

Body Ache second verse was a mess

I honestly blame Will.i.am tbh he should have been more meticulous as he was executive producer.

3 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Serban Ghenea worked as a mixing engineer on Britney Jean. According to the booklet, Serban only mixed the following tracks: Alien, Passenger, Brightest Morning Star, Hold on Tight and Perfume (The Dreaming Mix). Serban's official website lists the same tracks except for the alternate mix of Perfume.

What about Work ***** and Body ache? her voice is obvious in these songs

Sorry, but nice try Myah

Nice Try Jan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Sounds like they need to re-mix and reimagine BJ then. It’s still probably... well, I don’t want to use the word garbage because I love Britney and she is talented but Will nor anyone else did her any justice. I also think she started with a certain vibe of it being personal and all and either she got in a bad place and wasn’t into it, or had so little creative control that she didn’t give a ****. It’d be interesting to know how different it all sounded with proper mixing. But honestly just leave it in the past. (IMO)

30 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

Sounds like they need to re-mix and reimagine BJ then. It’s still probably... well, I don’t want to use the word garbage because I love Britney and she is talented but Will nor anyone else did her any justice. I also think she started with a certain vibe of it being personal and all and either she got in a bad place and wasn’t into it, or had so little creative control that she didn’t give a ****. It’d be interesting to know how different it all sounded with proper mixing. But honestly just leave it in the past. (IMO)

It's obvious what happened and it's not Will's fault. He's a fantastic producer, we've seen it with BEP and S&S. Her team rushed an album to get it out before Vegas to use it as a promo tool. They didn't allow the creatives to take their time and make a solid album. That's why Myah vocals were used and that's why there aren't any unreleased songs from that era. I don't blame the creative team for that. We've known this for 7 years now.

lol he got ‘confused’ for 9999.9% of the album, some of the songs in full are basically Myah but ok

We will let you get ‘confused’ and still pay good money to buy the album 👍🏻 To not hear Brit

Team B always super respectful to the fans, who made her and support her in everything she does. as always.... :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

not blaming Brit for this at all fyi 

Impossible. Stems and multitracks leaked, with no Britney to be found in most of the tracks. She's lying to because of the contract she signed. It's not her fault. Britney and her team are to blame for that mess. 

Body Ache, Work Work, Til it's gone are 100% Myah with no Britney. She even recorded most of the songs twice to make it sound more confusing and believable. 

Hmmm Myah keep talking about It, that's why I don't feel bad for people never leaving her alone.

If what she said was the truth, then most of Britney albums would had this problem.

One thing is a backing vocal louder than the singer, but the case is: the Britney files singing the parts weren't there.

That's the thing about people close to Britney, they really think the fans won't search the receipts. They always late with us lol.

The whole Britney Jean album /era was just a commercial for Vegas. Obviously team cship pushed Britney to record. She didn't want to work. She didn't even go to studio to finish her album. I think she wanted record something  different. She wanted more songs like Alien. But they didn't listen her. So Myah was their only option. 

Archived