So, the conservatorship has been on for a long time. What did you think about the conservatorship before now when now you all think you got substantial information to form some opinions?

FullyDattAndDatt3full

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

I’ve never liked it and I always thought it would end someday. Never felt right, never liked her dad and I always thought her family cares more about money than her, except that I kinda liked Jamie Lynn back then lol. 

Of course I didn’t think it was actually THAT bad. 

i know yes

i actually can't believe that people could be THAT greedy

sometimes it looks like L**ci*er really had all this family like babies

Honestly I thought a cship at that time was a good idea. They made it sound like Jamie would be in charge of making sure she goes to therapy sessions, has a say in any business deals so she isn't screwed and just ensure she fixes her image from 2007. 

I was also young (22) when the cship was put on her so of course, media manipulation got to me. A Conservatorship was also relatively unheard of. 

It wasn't till Femme Fatale that I thought "she's proven she's fine... Why is she still in this cship?" and then slowly from then on I began to research how corrupt a cship really is. I felt so guilty for so long for purchasing her albums and went to her concerts during the cship. I will never forgive myself for giving her effing father my money and not to her. 

5 minutes ago, Swizzers said:

Honestly I thought a cship at that time was a good idea. They made it sound like Jamie would be in charge of making sure she goes to therapy sessions, has a say in any business deals so she isn't screwed and just ensure she fixes her image from 2007. 

I was also young (22) when the cship was put on her so of course, media manipulation got to me. A Conservatorship was also relatively unheard of. 

It wasn't till Femme Fatale that I thought "she's proven she's fine... Why is she still in this cship?" and then slowly from then on I began to research how corrupt a cship really is. I felt so guilty for so long for purchasing her albums and went to her concerts during the cship. I will never forgive myself for giving her effing father my money and not to her. 

yes we shouldnt buy not one record anymore

I think most fans supported it when it started back in 2008. But as time went on many of us hoped it would end, and there was a lot of false hope over the years of it possibly coming to an end but never did. Then you had the fans that claimed the conservatorship was ‘in name’ only. It’s nice most of us are on the same page now about it and finally see the truth. 

When Circus era started, Britney spears dot com was used in a way to shut down all the rumors..we thought they were being transparent because they posted pretty much daily but now we know they lied a lot.  Very sad. We trusted them and the media them but now we all know not to.  It's amazing how much life changed in the past decade. Buckle up...we r gonna find out even more

I was never behind that “her father saved her” crap. We are near the same age & I could see (for the most part) she was just a young woman enjoying her freedom & all of the good things that come with being a 20-something.

She had not been “free” since she was a child, constantly working & pleasing the people in charge.  & when she finally takes a moment to enjoy...nope.

It was the world that took everything too far, not her. 

When the cship started I was just 11 years old and I felt it was a good idea because his life was upside down.
 As time went by I noticed that there was something strange, and it is because of the bitterness that Britney radiated in the FF era. :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:
 When the event happened in the desert, I was already 17 years old and I understood that the guardianship was never to take care of her, but to pressure her to get more money at her expense. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:
 Britney is so strong. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

That it is disgusting. Always. It does not go along with human rights, period. Does not matter if someone is in a psychosis, have dementia etc, you should never say that they are no longer a citizen, that is fascist. Having worked as caregiver for people WAY less “functional” than Britney that needed help to go the toilet or go to the dentist or whatever, I am sick reading how conservatorships are used in the US. 

The job should be about helping the person be heard and identify their wishes, fulfill them as much as possible, help them to live as independent as possible. Yes, also with Alzheimer. You should show respect and really try to figure out what makes them comfortable, even if their language is gone. And you do NOT need a conservatorship for that. 

7 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

When the cship started I was just 11 years old and I felt it was a good idea because his life was upside down.
 As time went by I noticed that there was something strange, and it is because of the bitterness that Britney radiated in the FF era. :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:
 When the event happened in the desert, I was already 17 years old and I understood that the guardianship was never to take care of her, but to pressure her to get more money at her expense. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:
 Britney is so strong. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Her life was upside down because she was harassed, abused, bullied and controlled. What she needed was more space and freedom, not less. People sometimes need to reach rock bottom in order to get up again. That is how you learn from life and grow. And it is a human right to direct your own life. Women should have the ducking right to duck up a little when Liam Gallagher, Pete Doherty, Charlie Sheen etc have been aloud to roam around like loose bulls for their entire careers. She should not have been limited from shaving her hair and go to a few parties, let out some anger etc, just because she was a woman. 

I really thought Britney’s family wanted the best for her. I feel guilty now but back in 08 i was honestly scared for her life and the cship made me think she was in good hands. on the other hand it was odd to me that it was Jamie who was in charge and not Lynne, since we already knew Britney had a difficult relationship with him. It started to piss me off after the Circus era, because I started realizing that maybe Britney wasn’t that into it and everything felt off. But even after For The Record I never could imagine what was really going on until Femme Fatale.

Archived