Ava Max just paid tribute to Britney

Toxic.Latin

Recognizing Britney's 2016  AMAZING VMA's performance

The similarities are there.

• The white screen with shadows
  • The use of only 2 dancers
  • The minimalist concept
  • The costume and choreography (dancers)

I guess the 2016 VMA performance is iconic after all and must be in our queen's epic catalog of performances.

FYQRlX2.gif

thoughts?

tenor.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Toxic.Latin said:

Recognizing Britney's 2016  AMAZING VMA's performance

The similarities are there.

• The white screen with shadows
  • The use of only 2 dancers
  • The minimalist concept
  • The costume and choreography (dancers)

I guess the 2016 VMA performance is iconic after all and must be in our queen's epic catalog of performances.

FYQRlX2.gif

thoughts?

tenor.gif

Sorry, where's her G-Eazy? :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search::messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

Ehh, I don't know! She just seems like the typical Instagram influencer (aka Dubai porta-potty) turned popstar. Nothing against her as a person, because I don't know her (She might just be a very nice person, in which case I wish she would have chosen a more genuine image).

Her image isn't original in the least. Kim K-style blonde hair, Kylie Jenner lips, the usual on-flick-a-b***h eyebrows. To be perfectly honest, a fair amount of basic *****ery. And I'm not talking Kitty Basic-level (Where people just go along because they feel bad for her, and hey, the music is kinda catchy amirite?). It's the kind where everyone just eats it up and don't even realize how basic it is.
As for her artistry, very Lady Gaga-like (I can literally hear Madonna sipping on her tea right now, thinking of words that people should look up). :reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill:
Her music is just moderately catchy, nothing more. I can usually look past a lot if the music is good. :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

Sorry, not sorry! :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

4 hours ago, Bundy said:

And isnt Ava a Britney fan? So I do think maybe she was really inspired by it. 

Isn't it funny though, that all the singers that claim to be Britney fans, don't seem to take any real inspiration from her?

That girl from Forgotten Harmony, Normani? She claimed to be a Britney fan, right? Yet she acts like Cardi Mirage (??) in her videos. Again, you remember Britney's best friend of the second half of 2016, "Tin-Asha"?. She claims to be a fan, yet she just goes for the I'mma-upstage-Beyonce-with-this-slightly-better-dancing-and-more-twerking strategy. Where is the Britney inspiration?

I still haven't figured out that Maggie Trainer chick, with the bizarre "Big Fat Bass"-tribute that topped the charts for a while. Supposedly she's a Britney-fan. Then she goes and covers "Overprotected" (While insistently saying "No" and being confused about her name, mind you!), before any one has managed to recover from her previous social critique art-piece about sound frequencies. Yes, we hear the obvious 90's pop tribute in the chord progressions. Now, show us what you learned from Britney? No?

With all these newer female pop stars, where is the energy and fire? Where is the seemingly effortless dancing, in a way that it's not necessarily complex but it just looks so good and effortless?

1 hour ago, floopy22 said:

Isn't it funny though, that all the singers that claim to be Britney fans, don't seem to take any real inspiration from her?

That girl from Forgotten Harmony, Normani? She claimed to be a Britney fan, right? Yet she acts like Cardi Mirage (??) in her videos. Again, you remember Britney's best friend of the second half of 2016, "Tin-Asha"?. She claims to be a fan, yet she just goes for the I'mma-upstage-Beyonce-with-this-slightly-better-dancing-and-more-twerking strategy. Where is the Britney inspiration?

I still haven't figured out that Maggie Trainer chick, with the bizarre "Big Fat Bass"-tribute that topped the charts for a while. Supposedly she's a Britney-fan. Then she goes and covers "Overprotected" (While insistently saying "No" and being confused about her name, mind you!), before any one has managed to recover from her previous social critique art-piece about sound frequencies. Yes, we hear the obvious 90's pop tribute in the chord progressions. Now, show us what you learned from Britney? No?

With all these newer female pop stars, where is the energy and fire? Where is the seemingly effortless dancing, in a way that it's not necessarily complex but it just looks so good and effortless?

Oh I completely agree, I dont think any of these girls can/could really put Britneys influence in their work, not in a good way at least. Its always more sound wise. Normani tried with the gymnastics moves but I dont know if she will continue to do that after her song flopped. I feel like Miley is really a fan, but she loves such different people that u cant really see (only) Britney in her work. Taylor kinda tried to be Britney for a while, even more on Rep era when she tried to dance and had a little bit of a Blackout sound. I just guess Britney cant be copied, even tho shes an icon and many of the new girls know/love her work.

4 hours ago, Bundy said:

Oh I completely agree, I dont think any of these girls can/could really put Britneys influence in their work, not in a good way at least. Its always more sound wise. Normani tried with the gymnastics moves but I dont know if she will continue to do that after her song flopped. I feel like Miley is really a fan, but she loves such different people that u cant really see (only) Britney in her work. Taylor kinda tried to be Britney for a while, even more on Rep era when she tried to dance and had a little bit of a Blackout sound. I just guess Britney cant be copied, even tho shes an icon and many of the new girls know/love her work.

Taylors reputation era made me a taylor fan... I couldn't put my finger in exactly why I liked it until my son (who was only 10 at the time) said "this sounds just like Britney Spears and then I was like YOURE RIGHT 

:OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

Archived