Did Shawn Mendes' new song "Wonder" low-key flop? Why?

The numbers are great considering his 4(?) year long hiatus, relationship with Camila (probably the biggest turn off) etc. As I mentioned on the other thread the other day, he's no longer that cute handsome boy. (lewks can also do a lot -> attract *****/wet/young audience). Also, I recall he was mentioned in the payola thing. This can be his team/recording company trying to do things differently. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Stefani said:

now watch him collab with Ariana, Taylor, or JB for a quick hit

Ariana -> probably friends/fans of each other

Taylor -> Shawn and Taylor are friends, moreover, they already shared stage during The rep stadium tour

Justin -> Shawn's mentor

Also Maluma wanted to collab with Shawn, therefore, we may witness Shawn going for the reagge/latin sounds soon 

:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

It really isn’t a great song. This is his 4th record. This is the album where we see artist ALWAYS transition. Britney with In The Zone, Justin Bieber with Purpose, Christina Aguilera with Stripped (tho I count it as her 2nd because I don’t include the Christmas and Spanish record ) , Taylor with Red, Miley with Bangerz. I feel sometimes the 4th album is the record that will prove longevity and what it takes to go from “teen pop idol “ to serious artist. And hers the thing with Shawn... he has the “*** appeal “ but doesn’t have the music to back it up. Look at Britney - “Baby One More Time”, “Oops!” , “Slave 4 U” all out before ITZ. Honestly I don’t think Shawn has any memorable hits minus maybe Senorita???? Like I know his songs but I truly can’t name them. I just feel this is the record that he has to make right if he doesn’t want to be stuck in “teen pop star” status forever.... and this as the lead ain’t helping. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, WorkBishStan94 said:

It really isn’t a great song. This is his 4th record. This is the album where we see artist ALWAYS transition. Britney with In The Zone, Justin Bieber with Purpose, Christina Aguilera with Stripped (tho I count it as her 2nd because I don’t include the Christmas and Spanish record ) , Taylor with Red, Miley with Bangerz. I feel sometimes the 4th album is the record that will prove longevity and what it takes to go from “teen pop idol “ to serious artist. And hers the thing with Shawn... he has the “*** appeal “ but doesn’t have the music to back it up. Look at Britney - “Baby One More Time”, “Oops!” , “Slave 4 U” all out before ITZ. Honestly I don’t think Shawn has any memorable hits minus maybe Senorita???? Like I know his songs but I truly can’t name them. I just feel this is the record that he has to make right if he doesn’t want to be stuck in “teen pop star” status forever.... and this as the lead ain’t helping. 

While I agree with a lot of the things you said, i'd like to point out a few things.

In the Zone isn't Britney's transition record. It was the Britney album. The same way you called RED, Taylor's transition record (which is accurate) where she started experimenting and having pop sensibilities in her music, and then a fully realized pop record came after with the release of 1989. The same can be said with the Britney record having some "adult" and "smexy" and "R&B and hip hop" songs and then an album full of those came after with ITZ. The same is also true with Mariah's Daydream being her transition record where she started incorporating R&B to her music and then a full R&B diva album came after with Butterfly:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

ok lol this is too far... he doesnt need to come out to anyone just because he has slightly feminine traits, he could already be bi, pan, unlabelled whatever, not everyone needs to come out with 100 rainbow flags in an emotional video ala every single youtuber in 2014 

This. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

People need to understand, that feminine men that are straight also exist :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block