Did Shawn Mendes' new song "Wonder" low-key flop? Why?

• Leader

After a lengthy hiatus, Shawn Mendes released a new song titled "Wonder."

He low-key returned with cryptic teasers and clips promoting the song and video. Not long after, he premiered the wondrous visual. It definitely had a "cardigan" vibe, but tailor-made for him. 

Well, it didn't smash the charts like almost all of his other singles do. Why do we think that is? Is it the song itself? Did it not resonate with people? Was he not away for enough time, so there was less of a demand? Does his relationship with Camila Cabello have anything to do with it?

I'm not a huge fan of charts in general, but I was surprised to see some of his recent stats. Maybe it's a slow burner and will climb the charts over the next few weeks. 

Curious... what do you guys think? 

Related:

wonder.jpg.84279aa7615b2b57b31bd9c66036b240.jpg

Huh? A top 20 debut for a new song released from an artist who had a 4-year hiatus and 5th best-selling song of the US, equals to a flop? :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

EDIT: Also Shawn Mendes has never had a song DEBUT with monstrous sales and chart positions, as they slowly progress towards becoming a hit, thus climbing the charts. In fact, this is Shawn Mende's biggest debut and his first song to debut at the Top 20.

• Love 3
  • Like 5
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, MonAmour said:

The song is just boring and predictable. What turned me off about him is his fake a gimmicky relationship with Camilla and the fact that he won’t come out of the closet. 

ok lol this is too far... he doesnt need to come out to anyone just because he has slightly feminine traits, he could already be bi, pan, unlabelled whatever, not everyone needs to come out with 100 rainbow flags in an emotional video ala every single youtuber in 2014 

• Love 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block