Rolling Stone names Britney Spears' "Blackout" in their Top 500 Best Albums of All Time list

bo.jpg.e5639fe571537470063bdd74e4f0922b.jpgRolling Stone published a list of the 500 greatest albums of all time, according to a poll they did to more than 300 artists, producers, critics, and music-industry figures (from radio programmers to label heads, like Atlantic Records CEO Craig Kallman). The electorate includes Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, and Billie Eilish; rising artists like H.E.R., Tierra Whack, and Lindsey Jordan of Snail Mail; as well as veteran musicians, such as Adam Clayton and the Edge of U2, Raekwon of the Wu-Tang Clan, Gene Simmons, and Stevie Nicks.

Voters were asked to submit ranked ballots listing their 50 favorite albums of all time. Votes were tabulated, with the highest-ranked album on each list receiving 300 points, the second highest 290 points, and so on down to 44 points for number 50. More than 3,000 albums received at least one vote. You can see the list of voters here.

And you can start reading from position #500 here.

Britney's only appearance on the top was Blackout at #441 :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh::

441 - Britney Spears, 'Blackout', Jive, 2007

R1344-441-Britney-Spears-Blackout.jpg?w=1000
The pop queen vents all her raging party-girl hostility in Blackout — the weirdest, wildest music of her life. Blackout is her avant-disco concept album about fame, scandal, divorce, and dancing on tables in a cloud of glitter and Cheetos dust. “I’m Miss American Dream since I was 17,” Britney sneers in “Piece of Me,” with her voice warped into an electro-punk snarl. When she asks, “You want a piece of me?” she’s either pimping herself out or threatening to kick your ***. Either way, it’s Britney, *****.

A nice surprise was seeing Shakira's Dónde Están los Ladrones? in the top :orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited:

The top 20:
20. Radiohead, 'Kid A'
19. Kendrick Lamar, 'To Pimp a Butterfly'
18. Bob Dylan, 'Highway 61 Revisited'
17. Kanye West, 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy'
16. The Clash, 'London Calling'
15. Public Enemy, 'It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back'
14. The Rolling Stones, 'Exile on Main Street'
13. Aretha Franklin, 'I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You'
12. Michael Jackson, 'Thriller'
11. The Beatles, 'Revolver'
10. Lauryn Hill, 'The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill'
9. Bob Dylan, 'Blood on the Tracks'
8. Prince and the Revolution, 'Purple Rain'
7. Fleetwood Mac, 'Rumours'
6. Nirvana, 'Nevermind'
5. The Beatles, 'Abbey Road'
4. Stevie Wonder, 'Songs in the Key of Life'
3. Joni Mitchell, 'Blue'
2. The Beach Boys, 'Pet Sounds'
1. Marvin Gaye, 'What's Going On'
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

While reviewing Spears' demo of "Telephone", Rob Sheffield of Rolling Stone compared it to "Piece of Me", "proving yet again how much impact Britney has had on the sonics of current pop. People love to make fun of Britney, and why not, but if 'Telephone' proves anything, it's that Blackout may be the most influential pop album of the past five years."

:sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed: