Which Grammy awards was Britney snubbed or robbed of?

16 hours ago, Iconic 4 U said:

This reminds me of Bryan saying "our fans" in the podcast interview :shadelaugh:

Not only him, but Papa Spears also think Britneys fans are also his fans. We said "WE dont need these type of fans". Maybe they think that bc they control her money, career and life, they "own" her fans as well. Delusional much :queenflopga:

• 10 months later...

The Grammys are so political. It's shady .

I think she deserved a Grammy for the oops album, I think blackout and itz should have won best dance album and gimme more best dance song as well as circus for Best dance ( I always thought it was more innovative than womanizer) nominated for best dance in ff era and work ***** best dance 

I think glory should have gotten nominated for best pop vocal or pop album 

She's like Madonna, they don't appreciate her I feel like it's cos she's so big they think she's  beneath them. 

• Love 2

I think Blackout was clearly robbed, Baby one more time should've won her at least best new artist but to be fair Christina also deserved it. 

I'm a Slave 4 u was big time robbed - big time it's not even a question. 

Till the world ends was not even nominated - Shame 

Womanizer not winning was also a rob IMO - but Laga GaGa was a strong contender for this. 

Oops not winning anything - Shame 

• Love 1

Best new artist xtina definitely deserved it, get over it  :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: i'm thinking that's why britney fans hate xtina :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:
but she definitely deserved it:

Best Female Pop Vocal Album (...Baby One More Time)

Best Pop Vocal Album (Britney)

Best Female Pop Vocal Performance (Overprotected)

...think that britney deserved any album of the year award is already too much, there are artists who produce and compose their own music and ALWAYS SING LIVE so....:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alex Murr said:

Best new artist xtina definitely deserved it, get over it  :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: i'm thinking that's why britney fans hate xtina :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

It made no sense. Britney's was the one that paved the way. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: 

1 hour ago, Alex Murr said:

...think that britney deserved any album of the year award is already too much, there are artists who produce and compose their own music and ALWAYS SING LIVE so....:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Your argument is invalid because a) she has composed songs, b) who cares, it's the work that's being rewarded not always the artist. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Also what does singing live have to do with this. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 3
On 8/31/2020 at 11:40 AM, Barajas said:

I think the only Grammy  she was REALLY ROBBED and that really Britney cared about was the 1999 best new artist.
Let me explain: 

1. She gave one of the biggest perfromances she made that year (even bigger than the one she shared with nsync in the vmas). 
2. The winner was announced literally seconds after the performance, which normally is done so the performer can pick up the award.
3. She was new to the game, Grammy was a huge deal for her back then.
4. After this happened she never perfomed again in the awards and we barely see her attending the ceremony (I think only 2 times). 
5. Well... this:

In retrospective I also think Blackout deserved more recognition, but you know how grammys work, you need to pay for them only to consider you, send an application and stuff nobody cared in 2007. 

None of the reasons are truly valid, the grammys reward vocal talent or talent for composing or producing music, even if many say they don't.
and she never performed again because at the grammy ceremony everyone has to sing live and she do lip sync with baby one more time, so ...

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It made no sense. Britney's was the one that paved the way. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: 

Your argument is invalid because a) she has composed songs, b) who cares, it's the work that's being rewarded not always the artist. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Also what does singing live have to do with this. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

The grammys is a combination of success, relevance and talent and xtina won for her VOICE, get over it :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:
and definitely britney is the ONLY artist who always did playback, and when she sang live her voice broke, if you are a singer and want credit and awards for it,  IS IMPORTANT TO SING LIVE.

i'm a britney fan, but i'm not blind and i see the points against our girl.

2 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

The grammys is a combination of success , relevance and talent and xtina won for her VOICE, get over it :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:
and definitely britney is the ONLY artist who always did playback, and when she sang live her voice broke, if you are a singer and want credit and awards for it,  IS IMPORTANT TO SING LIVE.

She deserved Best New Artist.  It wasn’t a vocal award.  It was about the impact.  There is legitimately, no doubt, that Britney was the most popular and biggest new artist from 1998-2000.  All of her work at that time overshadowed Christina’s, so her losing that award to Christina made absolutely no sense and still doesn’t given the immense differences in the magnitude of their careers.  Britney’s charisma, determination, work ethic, and vision for her career are so underrated and under-appreciated...these are the things that made her who she is.  It wasn’t the song alone. It was her delivery and execution in addition to the song.  And that is artistry.

I can only assume they based the award on chart numbers and Christina, somehow, had a lot of number 1’s from her album and Britney only had one.  But the media exposure and overall popularity was still in favor of Britney.  Give Christina all the Best Vocal Whatever awards you want, but Britney deserved that award.  I don’t see anyone, these days, over two decades later, referencing the iconic Genie In a Bottle music video (or even the song tbh) 🙄

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

The grammys is a combination of success, relevance and talent and xtina won for her VOICE, get over it :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

Lmao you're the one going on a huge rant, why don't you get over it?. The award in specific isn't about voice (and none are about singing live), it's about artistry. Your posts have been riddled with such random takes on Britney's career that give such misogynistic undertones (especially that JT one....). :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Taylor Swift has 11 grammys, does she not? Yet she doesn't have a Whitney Houston singing voice, she won because of her artistry

2 hours ago, Alex Murr said:

and she never performed again because at the grammy ceremony everyone has to sing live and she do lip sync with baby one more time, so ...

And queen gave them the best performance on their entire run. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, G-unit said:

I can only assume they based the award on chart numbers and Christina, somehow, had a lot of number 1’s from her album and Britney only had one. 

Xtina's work was more respected because she wasn't as pure pop as Britney was. Both Britney and Xtina's teen pop has been def influenced by R&B, but with Christina, it was more notable in sound. 

• Love 1