Jump to content

Britney fans, take responsibility for this Circus


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We always knew that something was wrong since her comeback. Many of us thought it was rushed, but in the end we still bought the album, singles and went to the tour. Then a couple of years later

The thing is, and this is the way I see it, most fans enjoy this circus, lets not pretend like we don't see that.

I don’t think we honestly realized just HOW bad it was until that voicemail came out.. we always knew it was sketchy and heard things here & there but in my head at least, I was always like ‘at th

17 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

Even sadder part is. Most of this fan base is willing to support her work even till this day. For sake of stan Wars etc.

 

In a slight defence,in past we knew smth was off and have had our suspicions. But we never knew how bad things truly were past 2010.

But overally I agree.

I see a lot of people acting so shocked behind resurfacing M&G's stories "OMG she looked so stressed. So sad 😢😭"

Like *****, it has always been obvious to everyone that she did not like these 30sec meetings with her emotional fans, and was forced to do them :peasants:

  • Like 4
Link to post

I agree with you. As a big Britney consumer since the “comeback”, I have been supporting team Britney selfishly. I was young, 14, when she did the circus tour and too young to understand the ins and outs of what a conservatorship was and why she was in one. I was the naive one who thought her family wanted to help her and she wanted away from Sam Lutfi (like Lynne’s book said.. I read it during the time it came out). I believed the narrative. Until I met her dad and saw POM and all of the things she would say about having a fight with her dad on stage and men can suck my toe and whatever. That’s when I started my digging... did I buy mood ring? Yeah. When everyone is screaming BUY MOOD RING STREAM MOOD RING and you feel guilty NOT doing that, it’s hard to resist. And mood ring was a song I’d only heard once and I do enjoy Britney’s music. 
 

I wasn’t aware of how “off” she was during FF, saw her in concert even and didn’t think about it... I heard she was medicated. I was in high school focused on my own life and jobs and boyfriends and all the things. I regret not seeing everything sooner. It is actually so heartbreaking looking back. 
 

now, as a Britney the human fan (not Britney the brand fan), I listen to unreleased tracks on YouTube and my already purchased music. BUT I have always been a bigger fan of her unreleased music waaaaay over her released stuff. You can see the real Britney in so many of her blackout era demos and it’s something her team never even scratched the surface on with any of her albums... so those are special. But I care for Britney, not the music. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
13 minutes ago, imadrinkyuradrunk said:

I agree with you. As a big Britney consumer since the “comeback”, I have been supporting team Britney selfishly. I was young, 14, when she did the circus tour and too young to understand the ins and outs of what a conservatorship was and why she was in one. I was the naive one who thought her family wanted to help her and she wanted away from Sam Lutfi (like Lynne’s book said.. I read it during the time it came out). I believed the narrative. Until I met her dad and saw POM and all of the things she would say about having a fight with her dad on stage and men can suck my toe and whatever. That’s when I started my digging... did I buy mood ring? Yeah. When everyone is screaming BUY MOOD RING STREAM MOOD RING and you feel guilty NOT doing that, it’s hard to resist. And mood ring was a song I’d only heard once and I do enjoy Britney’s music. 
 

I wasn’t aware of how “off” she was during FF, saw her in concert even and didn’t think about it... I heard she was medicated. I was in thigh school focused on my own life and jobs and boyfriends and all the things. I regret not seeing everything sooner. It is actually so heartbreaking looking back. 
 

now, as a Britney the human fan (not Britney the brand fan), I listen to unreleased tracks on YouTube and my already purchased music. BUT I have always been a bigger fan of her unreleased music waaaaay over her released stuff. You can see the real Britney in so many of her blackout era demos and it’s something her team never even scratched the surface on with any of her albums... so those are special. But I care for Britney, not the music. 

Love this post :bigkiss:

We are the same age and I did not realise neither back then... But when years passed, I realised that she needed some time for herself.

Think of the GMA promo (as funny as it is) in 2011, the FF promo performances, the fishing trip, "I'am a mom now", the awful interviews, the nail biting and eczema, all the weird appearances... There is too much to point out. Especially in 2011, 2017 and 2018... We were not oblivious to the fact that she did not want to be a popstar anymore...

Btw, what happened when you met James ?

Link to post

You're absolutely right and I feel so guilty now. I remember how much everyone bashed her for years for the "off" way she was acting talking about "we want the old Britney" and "why has she lost her passion" or "it's her knee injury". All along she was literally falling prisoner to this BS and she lost hope with every year that passed it seems..I don't remember where I saw/heard this but someone said she was under the impression that after Circus she'd be out of the conservatorship but then it dragged on to now 12 years deep. You can sort of see that with how she performed since. Add to that the medications they're making her take. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Britney I'm so sorry we didn't notice how abnormal that **** was since the beginning.

  • Like 2
Link to post
1 minute ago, Karmickiss said:

You're absolutely right and I feel so guilty now. I remember how much everyone bashed her for years for the "off" way she was acting talking about "we want the old Britney" and "why has she lost her passion" or "it's her knee injury". All along she was literally falling prisoner to this BS and she lost hope with every year that passed it seems..I don't remember where I saw/heard this but someone said she was under the impression that after Circus she'd be out of the conservatorship but then it dragged on to now 12 years deep. You can sort of see that with how she performed since. Add to that the medications they're making her take. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Britney I'm so sorry we didn't notice how abnormal that **** was since the beginning.

I feel so guilty too, deep inside we knew something was wrong but we chose not to see...

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Community Leader
5 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

A point was made... even mood ring was a dirty move by team b... 

It's a fine line for sure. I think supporting her music is far more powerful for Britney than it is lucrative for people profiting off her. The music is overseen by the label for the most part, which isn't that intimately connected to the conservatorship (I know there can be arguments against this, just speaking generally). 

My two cents... keep supporting Britney's music. She will eventually be out of this ongoing nightmare, and she'll remind us why she's Britney "the princess of pop" Spears, but in the mean time... let's keep the musical spirit energized by blasting her tunes. 

  • Like 4

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

Link to post

I don’t think we honestly realized just HOW bad it was until that voicemail came out.. we always knew it was sketchy and heard things here & there but in my head at least, I was always like ‘at the end of the day if she REALLY didn’t wanna perform anymore she would just stop they cannot physically put her on stage’.. but now she has stopped everything and I think we’re all seeing exactly what’s going on now 

  • Like 6
Link to post
27 minutes ago, Roger said:

Love this post :bigkiss:

We are the same age and I did not realise neither back then... But when years passed, I realised that she needed some time for herself.

Think of the GMA promo (as funny as it is) in 2011, the FF promo performances, the fishing trip, "I'am a mom now", the awful interviews, the nail biting and eczema, all the weird appearances... There is too much to point out. Especially in 2011, 2017 and 2018... We were not oblivious to the fact that she did not want to be a popstar anymore...

Btw, what happened when you met James ?

Awww. 
 

yes!! I look back on all of the clear signs and I’m shocked that I was so blind to everything during the FF era. I believe THAT is when she was really screaming for help... she clearly did not want any part of what she was doing. i can barely stand to listen to that album now because of this. 
 

ugh. Jamie was so freaking rude; like I was inconveniencing him by asking for a pic. I had VIP seats at POM (first round) and I QUIETLY asked for a pic and he literally rolled his eyes at me while I thanked him and like just was super unapproachable (I like Queen Felicia) and then a ton of people noticed and there was like a line for pics with him and he was visibly PISSED. And I was so proud hahaha. No regrets (other than being nice to him) 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Roger said:

We always knew that something was wrong since her comeback. Many of us thought it was rushed, but in the end we still bought the album, singles and went to the tour.

Then a couple of years later Femme Fatale happened... Fans pointed out that she looked medicated and like she did not want to be there, but we still bought the album, singles and went to the tour once again.

We watched The X-Factor knowing damn well she was not behind the decision of being a judge on this show. Then came Piece of Me, which had great dates, yes, but looking back for most of the dates we had the same complaints we always had since 2008: "she has too much anxiety", "she is not well put together", "she is stiff", she seems lost"...

Some were even charged 2k to get an awkward picture with a panicked Britney Spears, but kept on doing it anyway. 

This fanbase always asked for more. Our fave even made a song out of this ! More music, more dancing, more promo, more (awkward) photos with her... Thanks to the new information and the #FreeBritney movement, we finally put words on what we always knew and wont support this Circus anymore. But let's not forget that we once did...

1 hour ago, EasyThere said:

Even sadder part is. Most of this fan base is willing to support her work even till this day. For sake of stan Wars etc.

 

In a slight defence,in past we knew smth was off and have had our suspicions. But we never knew how bad things truly were past 2010.

But overally I agree.

23 minutes ago, Karmickiss said:

You're absolutely right and I feel so guilty now. I remember how much everyone bashed her for years for the "off" way she was acting talking about "we want the old Britney" and "why has she lost her passion" or "it's her knee injury". All along she was literally falling prisoner to this BS and she lost hope with every year that passed it seems..I don't remember where I saw/heard this but someone said she was under the impression that after Circus she'd be out of the conservatorship but then it dragged on to now 12 years deep. You can sort of see that with how she performed since. Add to that the medications they're making her take. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Britney I'm so sorry we didn't notice how abnormal that **** was since the beginning.

But Britney really had no choice but to tour for Circus, contractually speaking.

That dance head at Millennium said that she would have been sued into oblivion by Jive because she didn't tour for Blackout.  She had no choice but to do Circus and tour.  Jive didn't care about any of her mental health struggles.

Femme Fatale is the real problem, and the era that should have never happened.  If she was also contractually tied up there. then Britney was literally doomed from the very beginning of her career. (Other than the possibility of leaving Jive and starting her own label or re-signing with Jive with far more power all around 2004-2005.)

 

 

Link to post
14 minutes ago, imadrinkyuradrunk said:

ugh. Jamie was so freaking rude; like I was inconveniencing him by asking for a pic. I had VIP seats at POM (first round) and I QUIETLY asked for a pic and he literally rolled his eyes at me while I thanked him and like just was super unapproachable (I like Queen Felicia) and then a ton of people noticed and there was like a line for pics with him and he was visibly PISSED. And I was so proud hahaha. No regrets (other than being nice to him) 

Why is he so ******* RUDE :drag:

  • Haha 1
Link to post

Much as I don't want to believe this post, it's true what you stated. With "Circus," I think Britney still had that love for performing, but went down afterwards. During the Femme Fatale era, I always questioned why she spoke in such an odd way:

As for the residency and world tour, I think that's the only thing Britney wanted to do (perhaps the stage is where she feels most safe). She loves her fans, and would do anything for them... For now, we as fans should support her music, and keep spreading awareness. Save the Princess of Pop :sendinglove: 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block