Britney fans, take responsibility for this Circus

Roger

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see your point but we can't blame ourselves. Her team was sweeping things under the rug. They never addressed this situation, they never were clear on her mental state and tried to fool us like she's an independent woman who makes decisions about her career.

People were very aware of the cship in the early years, but then the X-Factor came, Britney Jean, Vegas, many many years of them literally trolling us. Something was always off, yes. But how could we tell? We actually never got a chance to watch her off limits, almost everything she was telling on TV was scripted, planned, not spontaneous. She never went live on social media except for Ask Romeo or something, but it was just asnwering 12198 same freaking questions about food and her favorite color.

I think we just have to let it go. We are also responsible for bringing #freeBritney to life, which is a something to be proud of. I'm still waiting for Britney to speak when all of it ends. We never got to see her way since 2008...

5 hours ago, imadrinkyuradrunk said:

Awww. 

yes!! I look back on all of the clear signs and I’m shocked that I was so blind to everything during the FF era. I believe THAT is when she was really screaming for help... she clearly did not want any part of what she was doing. i can barely stand to listen to that album now because of this. 

ugh. Jamie was so freaking rude; like I was inconveniencing him by asking for a pic. I had VIP seats at POM (first round) and I QUIETLY asked for a pic and he literally rolled his eyes at me while I thanked him and like just was super unapproachable (I like Queen Felicia) and then a ton of people noticed and there was like a line for pics with him and he was visibly PISSED. And I was so proud hahaha. No regrets (other than being nice to him) 

Oh what a ******* rude pos hes. I feel sorry for u! 

Maybe thats why he says things like "we dont need these type of fans" bc Britneys fans asked him for pics back then and this made him think Britneys fans are also HIS fans? :spit:

We all knew she wasn’t 100% happy to perform and to be in the spotlight since 2007/2008. She said that she had no passion anymore in for the record, and it became clear with the following projects (femme fatale, X factor, Vegas) that the main goal was just to make as much money as possible. The music, her legacy, or her artistic evolution was never the priority. They just wanted to make as much money as they could as fast as possible, because they were aware that it would stop as some point. So we consumed everything coming from the Britney Spears brand like a ****, in denial of the reality in front of our eyes and with the obsession of her coming back to the Britney Spears brand they created during her peak 98-04. They’ve hid it the longest they could and we stayed in denial the longest we could, but we had signs for years. 

Its hard to know what to believe, and what not to believe, and hard to think the last 12 years have been all a lie.. But... I do in my heart believe her best time of her life, is in the dancerehearsels with her dancers. Where WE dont see her, but she get to be around funny people around her age, with the same passion she can feed off, where she can just be Britney and sweat with them. That is Britneys machine-room, I truly believe that. 
I just wish for her that was all she could do.. Dance-classes, like with those kids she had. I really do think most of the good intentions the c-ship did it the first years WAS for the better. But, the last couple of years is just ****ed up. Some of you brag about how she have donated money the last 12 years, good chairty causes and such, and honestly, I dont want to brag about her team using her money like that, like did she even have a choice? Or would she have given more if she could? It is a sweet and sour feeling in the mouth to know even the most epic parts of the last 12 years, the good PR-moments and such - were all just a lie.. That bike-spinning charity with Mario Lopez was because of Larry Rudolphs wife as I recall.. You get what I am saying?

One thing we should stop RIGHT now, is to think she is miserable, and stop talking her down. She have said it, she is not a victim, she choose to be a happy person, she have to believe in the good. She may be pissed, angry, revengeful, god I hope she is thirsty for revenge!! But she HAVE to play strong to get out of this, and we are ruining it by writing in public about how sad she looks, how dead her eyes are, how she is full of anxiety.. That only feed the reason to why she is in c-ship..

I’m not gonna stop streaming or buying her music because like Jordan said, her labels the one benefiting the most from her music. Besides, look how happy she was when we got glory to number on iTunes! Don’t support the zone or her tours, but her music is a different case.

I get your point but i really did not felt it that way when everything started.

Its not like i knew or thought she was FORCED and kept on buying and wanting more. As im sure most of you did not

I really think well of us Britney fans. We are one of the most empathetic fan bases and that is (in part of course) because of everything we went through with our fave.

I really remember feeling like she needed understanding and that i BELIEVED HER when she said she wanted her career and that dancing was her therapy and passion. 

For the record was a VERY smart move.

Even now there was not even a single time where she spoke her mind about not wanting any of this.

I get that she is in a conservatorship but i cant stand thinking of her as such a submissive victim when even britney herself said she hated to be seen in that way.

I think everything we did was way more well intended that just "wanting more"

We just thought and understood she was going through some mental illness and that she was changed and had some symphtoms such as anxiety, or moving differently, but that she was willing to deal with that and wanted to go on with her career. At least I saw everything in that light. Femme fatale for example. We were SUPPORTING her as many other unknown ppl that have issues and want and need to work and follow theie dreams.

We fought with the society itself, with our peers, with lost fans, with other fan bases, haters, our families and friends explaining to them WHY britney was changed

Time passed and it is NOW that we realize that its enough time for any person to do therapy, recover, or at least be stable to not ve under a conservatorship any more.

It was TIME what everyone needed to see the differenxe between a good urgent measure to heal her and slavery.

I belive in her, and i belive in US

Well, the whole conservatorship thing seemed sketchy to me since the beginning. I made numerous threads in here asking you guys if there's anything we can do as fans but people kept telling me I'm overreacting and she's fine. 

So, because I did feel as if I was paying papa spears which is something I didn't wanna do, my last Britney purchase was The Singles Collection, and a POM ticket for the POM tour. I didn't even get the albums. 

I thought about this since she got in a conservatorship, I thought about it when There was ever a debate whether it is ethically wrong to buy *** from a *** worker. Many believe it is buying a r***. I felt like it was the same thing When I saw sold out concerts with Britney where she performed half naked, having less rights than a trafficked slave. (When I say less rights I mean that the police would liberate them if they found out, while it is the opposite with Britney. The police would like drive her back to her team if she escaped and reached out to the authorities). 
Have never been to her concert or bought her music though. I loved her perfume ”Fantasy” but When I found out about the conservatorship like 2008 I stopped buying it. 

1 hour ago, BritneyLover said:

I get your point but i really did not felt it that way when everything started.

Its not like i knew or thought she was FORCED and kept on buying and wanting more. As im sure most of you did not

I really think well of us Britney fans. We are one of the most empathetic fan bases and that is (in part of course) because of everything we went through with our fave.

I really remember feeling like she needed understanding and that i BELIEVED HER when she said she wanted her career and that dancing was her therapy and passion. 

For the record was a VERY smart move.

Even now there was not even a single time where she spoke her mind about not wanting any of this.

I get that she is in a conservatorship but i cant stand thinking of her as such a submissive victim when even britney herself said she hated to be seen in that way.

I think everything we did was way more well intended that just "wanting more"

We just thought and understood she was going through some mental illness and that she was changed and had some symphtoms such as anxiety, or moving differently, but that she was willing to deal with that and wanted to go on with her career. At least I saw everything in that light. Femme fatale for example. We were SUPPORTING her as many other unknown ppl that have issues and want and need to work and follow theie dreams.

We fought with the society itself, with our peers, with lost fans, with other fan bases, haters, our families and friends explaining to them WHY britney was changed

Time passed and it is NOW that we realize that its enough time for any person to do therapy, recover, or at least be stable to not ve under a conservatorship any more.

It was TIME what everyone needed to see the differenxe between a good urgent measure to heal her and slavery.

I belive in her, and i belive in US

I would never belittle someone who is abuse. If their rights are violated you can address that, but like you say, not say ”YOU are a victim/damaged” etc, it shouldn’t be supposed to be their identity. It is different things. SHE is strong, sane and wonderful. The conservatorship is legal slavery and trafficking and she deserves to be released. SHE is still a strong person.

15 hours ago, imadrinkyuradrunk said:

I agree with you. As a big Britney consumer since the “comeback”, I have been supporting team Britney selfishly. I was young, 14, when she did the circus tour and too young to understand the ins and outs of what a conservatorship was and why she was in one. I was the naive one who thought her family wanted to help her and she wanted away from Sam Lutfi (like Lynne’s book said.. I read it during the time it came out). I believed the narrative. Until I met her dad and saw POM and all of the things she would say about having a fight with her dad on stage and men can suck my toe and whatever. That’s when I started my digging... did I buy mood ring? Yeah. When everyone is screaming BUY MOOD RING STREAM MOOD RING and you feel guilty NOT doing that, it’s hard to resist. And mood ring was a song I’d only heard once and I do enjoy Britney’s music. 

I wasn’t aware of how “off” she was during FF, saw her in concert even and didn’t think about it... I heard she was medicated. I was in high school focused on my own life and jobs and boyfriends and all the things. I regret not seeing everything sooner. It is actually so heartbreaking looking back. 

now, as a Britney the human fan (not Britney the brand fan), I listen to unreleased tracks on YouTube and my already purchased music. BUT I have always been a bigger fan of her unreleased music waaaaay over her released stuff. You can see the real Britney in so many of her blackout era demos and it’s something her team never even scratched the surface on with any of her albums... so those are special. But I care for Britney, not the music. 

I agreed with the fact that her unreleased materials are so much more enjoyable than the official released ones. For example: Sippin On, Kiss You All Over, State Of Grace, All That She Wants, Sugarfall and Everyday.

Technically speaking buying and listening to her music makes more money for her label and producers than Britney herself (or her team), and an argument could be made that buying her music is a way to show "support" to her - since its the only "physical" thing many fans can do. Her label benefits - but they would be benefiting if everything was normal anyway

Archived