BTS' "Dynamite" Returns To No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100 for a 3rd week; Justin Bieber "Holy" debuts at No. 3

Invitation

• Content Curators

BTS' "Dynamite" returns to No. 1 for a 3rd non-consecutive week; meanwhile, Justin Bieber's latest single "Holy" featuring Chance the Rapper debuts at No.3. Justin previously said No. 2 was for losers. Can't imagine how he feels now with a No.3 debut, which is still a pretty strong one.

"Dynamite" was No. 2 last week on the chart. It has overtaken "Hawái" by Colombian star Maluma to be the No.1 song on this new chart created by Billboard just last week, with the help of  67.4 million streams (down from 70.9 million the previous week) and 18,000 sold (up from 15,000) in territories outside the U.S. in the week ending Sept. 17. It is currently still No. 2 on Billboard Hot 100.

Chart rankings are based on a weighted formula incorporating official-only streams on both subscription and ad-supported tiers of audio and video music services, as well as download sales, the latter of which reflect purchases from full-service digital music retailers from around the world, with sales from direct-to-consumer (D2C) sites excluded from the charts' calculations.

Earlier:

Many have predicted the song to free-fall in the 2nd week after getting a fan-fueled No.1 in its first week on the chart. "WAP" was almost certain to return to its No.1 spot. The record of the biggest fall from #1 debut is currently held by 6ix9ine and Nicki Minaj for their single "Trollz". However, the band manages to stay atop the chart for a second consecutive week with the aid of 2 new remixes and VMA performance. This extends the record of #1 by an international group, and makes "Dynamite" the first No.1 debut by a group to remain at #1 in its 2nd week this century and the only song in the past 4 years to sell 180k digital downloads in its first 2 weeks.

Also noteworthy is that Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion are the only two women in the Top 10. We need some more female power to rule the charts ASAP. BLACKPINK earns their highest debut on the chart with the Selena Gomez collaboration "Ice Cream" (No. 13).

The rest of the Top 10 this week is as follows:

#1 (=). "Dynamite", BTS [2 weeks at No.1]

#2 (=). "WAP", Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion [2 weeks at No. 1]

#3 (=). "Laugh Now Cry Later", Drake feat. Lil Durk

#4 (=). "ROCKSTAR" DaBaby feat. Roddy Ricch [7 weeks at No.1]

#5 (=). "Blinding Lights", The Weeknd [4 weeks at No.1]

#6 (+1). "Watermelon Sugar", Harry Styles [1 week at No. 1]

#7 (-1). "WHATS POPPIN", Jack Harlow feat. DaBaby, Tory Lanez & Lil Wayne

#8 (+4). "Mood", 24kGoldn feat. iann dior

#9 (=). "Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat)", Jawsh 685 x Jason Derulo

#10 (=). "Before You Go", Lewis Capaldi

#13 (new). "Ice Cream", BLACKPINK & Selena Gomez

This marks the biggest digital sales in a week's timeframe since Taylor Swift's "Look What You Made Me Do" in 2017. According to Billboard, the total sales number adds up to 300K after including the physical copies sold on their website.

This is BTS' first Hot 100 No.1. They become the first international band in history to debut at #1 on the Hot 100. The rest of the Top 10 this week is as follows:

#1 (new). "Dynamite", BTS

#2 (-1). "WAP", Cardi B feat. Megan Thee Stallion

#3 (-1). "Laugh Now Cry Later", Drake feat. Lil Durk

#4 (-1). "ROCKSTAR" DaBaby feat. Roddy Ricch

#5 (-1). "Blinding Lights", The Weeknd

#6 (-1). "WHATS POPPIN", Jack Harlow feat. DaBaby, Tory Lanez & Lil Wayne

#7 (=). "Watermelon Sugar", Harry Styles

#8 (=). "ROSES", SAINt JHN

#9 (=). "Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat)", Jawsh 685 x Jason Derulo

#10 (+2). "Before You Go", Lewis Capaldi

If that's not enough of big news, the song has also sold over 500k units in the US.

Another record: "Circles" by Post Malone (currently at #16) is the 1st song in the chart's history to spend its entire first year within Top 20.

UPDATE (Aug 24): All 4 versions of "Dynamite" now occupy the Top 4 positions of iTunes Chart in US. There's also prediction that this song will sell at least 200k - 250k copies, the most in a week since Taylor Swift's "Look What You Made Me Do" in 2017.

After breaking Spotify first-day record and YouTube 24-hour record, BTS will likely unseat Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion from the #1 position on Billboard Hot 100 with the largest sales week in 2020. They are also releasing 2 extra remixes to boost the sales number to another height.

Related:

bts-bb.jpg.214e194dcd19c6e3dbd3794caf0fae75.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, bliss said:

If they do debut at #1 it's probably gonna break Trollz's record for largest drop from #1 the next week... I don't understand the point of getting a 1 week #1 hit and then have it free fall on the charts  :katyclown:

You're right. I'm sorry but if it gets to #1 it's not because it was a hit among the general public. :jl:

Army's stream like crazy though, we need to take notes. :lessons:

But regardless, congratulations to BTS because a #1 in general is a big deal. :barbie:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

You're right. I'm sorry but if it gets to #1 it's not because it was a hit among the general public. :jl:

But regardless, congratulations to BTS because a #1 in general is a big deal. :barbie:

honestly i'd rather my fav have a #2 song but it being stable on the charts than a #1 that lasted 4 weeks on the hot 100, but if they do reach #1 congratulations to them cause it's a massive accomplishment for K-Pop

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

This song is at least not a flop. It is still able to maintain #3 on US Spotify chart. Very stable for K-Pop (even if it's in English).

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
18 hours ago, Stefani said:

Another front-loaded single like every other #1 debut this year (except WAP), but congrats. I'm sure the BoTS are happy. :billie:

Imagine being this bitter when most of Britney's singles are also front-loaded.

This irony when we'd do everything to get Britney a #1 even if she drops out of chart the following week.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block