Talking to teens 18 and early 20s. They're not voting. And they're reason is valid

#1 don't rely on the youth to help you get Trump out, no it's not Bernie. 

Even though they are adults at 18 and 22. 

Most of them State it, how can they change the world, when they are Still trying to figure out their place in the world 

#2 they still feel like a kid, not an adult. They will vote and get political when they're ready. 

#3. Stop asking for they're help, it's not important to them as they feel they don't matter at all. 

Bottom line they have plenty Time to grow up, let them be kids even if they're over 18. You're putting too much pressure on them to grow up when they're not ready to. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that’s why, like in Australia, voting should be COMPULSORY in the US.Once you hit 18, you’re required to vote in every election, or else you’ll be fined.

I have a degree in Constitutional Law and wrote a thesis on this exact topic. Being “confused” is not a valid reason for not voting. Young people need to make their voices heard. Baby Boomers and GenX are starting to die off. Millennials will be the biggest voting block in a few years time. You need to vote for the country, the world, that you want to live in as an adult. The current ruling class will soon be dead. They don’t care about the future. YOUR FUTURE.

The US needs to invest in unbiased education for students in school. Australians start learning about politics in Primary school (age 11-12). 

You may be confused at 18, but keep in mind that men and women younger than you once fought, and many died, for your right to vote in free and fair elections. It’s a privilege to live in a country where you get to vote. Many don’t.

It shouldn’t matter which side of politics you’re on. Whether you’re a Trump fan or Biden supporter, or support an independent, your voice should be heard. You owe it to your country. Your vote DOES matter. The 2016 election could have seen Hilary Clinton be POTUS if only a few thousand more people voted for her. 

Voting is a powerful privilege. Don’t abuse that. 

3 hours ago, Trentals said:

And that’s why, like in Australia, voting should be COMPULSORY in the US.Once you hit 18, you’re required to vote in every election, or else you’ll be fined.

I have a degree in Constitutional Law and wrote a thesis on this exact topic. Being “confused” is not a valid reason for not voting. Young people need to make their voices heard. Baby Boomers and GenX are starting to die off. Millennials will be the biggest voting block in a few years time. You need to vote for the country, the world, that you want to live in as an adult. The current ruling class will soon be dead. They don’t care about the future. YOUR FUTURE.

The US needs to invest in unbiased education for students in school. Australians start learning about politics in Primary school (age 11-12). 

You may be confused at 18, but keep in mind that men and women younger than you once fought, and many died, for your right to vote in free and fair elections. It’s a privilege to live in a country where you get to vote. Many don’t.

It shouldn’t matter which side of politics you’re on. Whether you’re a Trump fan or Biden supporter, or support an independent, your voice should be heard. You owe it to your country. Your vote DOES matter. The 2016 election could have seen Hilary Clinton be POTUS if only a few thousand more people voted for her. 

Voting is a powerful privilege. Don’t abuse that. 

Spilled :mimiclap:

I'm 22 and have been voting since I was 18. Many of my friends my age are similar. I don't understand how encouraging voting is forcing people my age to grow up when they're not ready. I don't agree with this attitude.  People take our democracy for granted and they should be voting if they can. :girlbye:

Archived