Apple pulls Fortnite from App Store

UPDATED: Both Apple and Google, just hours after Epic Games announced a new direct-payment option for “Fortnite” to bypass the Apple App Store and Google Play store 30% “tax” on in-app purchases, have removed the game from its app store.

In a statement, Apple said, “Today, Epic Games took the unfortunate step of violating the App Store guidelines that are applied equally to every developer and designed to keep the store safe for our users. As a result their ‘Fortnite’ app has been removed from the store.”

Apple said that Epic had “enabled a feature in its app which was not reviewed or approved by Apple, and they did so with the express intent of violating the App Store guidelines regarding in-app payments that apply to every developer who sells digital goods or services.”

Epic Games sued Apple over the removal of “Fortnite” from the App Store, alleging anticompetitive conduct.fortnite.jpg.7952c2b2e4cdc2caee6a8c1d97ecaa6a.jpg

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Lol, the gaming and IT industry have become so greedy that they stopped caring what anyone thinks of them in the face of money. The Silicon Valley and all of those connected to it have become completely crazed by millions they earn and potentially could earn. They act like a bunch of hyenas at this point if you ask me fire destroy GIF

• Love 3
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Lol, the gaming and IT industry have become so greedy that they stopped caring what anyone thinks of them in the face of money. The Silicon Valley and all of those connected to it have become completely crazed by millions they earn and potentially could earn. They act like a bunch of hyenas at this point if you ask me fire destroy GIF

Send *****

kisses blow kiss GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Fornite had a lawsuit READY as soon as they made their pricing changes cause they knew Apple would eject them. Honestly, I love Apple, but 30%?! I'm glad a giant like Epic is taking Apple on. As a publisher, with the hopes of having a BH app one day, I don't want Apple taking a 30% cut. 

Well, It’s not only Apple, also Google take 30% cut. Fortnite was also removed from the Google Play Store but people who have Android and Epic Games don’t care much because they can install the APK file directly. On an iPhone, only the App Store is available to download apps (even if I think we can download and install apps on Safari with an IPA file).

So yeah, like Apple take 30%, Google does it too with the Play Store.

6 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I’ve never played the game before, isn’t that the one with all the dancing and zombies? Isn't that TikTok tho?.. Both??  :jackk:   :letitburn:   :zoomzoom:

Imagine the movie “Battle Royale” with the style of the sims, and a just dance feature. :jl: That’s Fortnite.

I followed you on TikTok btw :clicktina:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Towelney said:

Fun fact: I got second place the first time I played it. :well:

Reveal hidden contents

I didn’t play it again tho :jl:

I’m not usually into Fortnite/CoD type games 

Towelney's live feed of the game he got second in --> Shooting GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I am not a fan of fortnite personally. I prefer role playing games or action adventure games - like Uncharted series

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Alestaos said:

Towelney's live feed of the game he got second in --> Shooting GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I was actually just walking around the island lol :weusay:

2 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

I am not a fan of fortnite personally. I prefer role playing games or action adventure games - like Uncharted series

Same. I’ve never played Uncharted, tho, just watched someone else’s gameplay lol. :jabba:

Just now, Towelney said:

Does the Sims count? :jl:

Hide contents

I’ve played Until Dawn and the beginning of Witcher 3 tho :mhm: I enjoyed them both.

Sims Count!

Slap Yes GIF by The Sims - Find & Share on GIPHY

I use the character creator in the Sims 4, but i don't fully play the sims haha

I haven't played Until Dawn but i enjoyed what i played of the Witcher 3....but i got bored and didn't finish it:fakecry:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block