Katy Perry: my own experience with Dr. Luke was a healthy one

• Leader

Katy Perry says she and producer Dr. Luke, who's entangled in a years-long ****** assault lawsuit with Kesha, says she always had good encounters with him while recording together.

In 2017, Katy was deposed for the lawsuit. In the unsealed transcripts, Katy said she feared speaking up in defense of Dr. Luke because she worried she'd be labeled “the one woman that is against women.”

In a new interview with the LA Times, Katy said:

“I knew both of them at the time. It sucks when you know both of the players I can only speak for my own experience, and my own experience [with Gottwald] was a healthy one. I believe in due process. And I also believe that only they know the truth.”

Thoughts, Exhale? Should Katy have spoken up no matter how people perceived her? 

Related:

katy-luke.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

There was never going to be a win for Katy, Becky G, Kim Petras and Bonnie McKee when it came to this situation. All remained silent in defending Dr.Luke but have all remained silent in defending Kesha as well. I think in hindsight Katy should have been honest and said what she said now. I really wish she would work with him again, they has great music chemistry. 

She's speaking her personal perspective. You can't hate her for that. If I knew someone who had been accused of **** but only had good experiences with them, I'd say exactly that. Who wouldn't? 

I believe Kesha but I also think it's impossible to always associate work with the creator, we ALL love and bop to music produced by Dr Luke. The sad truth is his music is inescapable... all we can do is hope that Kesha herself is well and can heal from the trauma imposed upon her. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

As much as I don't fully disagree with her, she should've just sat there and ate her food. She has a (likely) flop album to promote... Like, California Gurl, couldn't you have picked a worse time to talk about something this controversial?! The Ellen thing too. :blast: I genuinely hope her album does much better than most of us are expecting it to do, but then she goes around running her mouth on super controversial topics such as this one. :donewithit:

As for Dr. Scum, I won't fault Katy for not completely distancing herself from him. Personally, I don't trust the justice system because of how corrupt it is (especially when it comes to big players such as Dr. Scum). And even if none of us know what happened, I do believe he's not a good person based on what other celebrities have said about him. I'm sorry, but he just looks and comes off as a total sleaze and slimeball. :peasants:

• Haha 3
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

As much as I don't fully disagree with her, she should've just sat there and ate her food. She has a (likely) flop album to promote... Like, California Gurl, couldn't you have picked a worse time to talk about something this controversial?! The Ellen thing too. :blast: I genuinely hope her album does much better than most of us are expecting it to do, but then she goes around running her mouth on super controversial topics such as this one. :donewithit:

As for Dr. Scum, I won't fault Katy for not completely distancing herself from him. Personally, I don't trust the justice system because of how corrupt it is (especially when it comes to big players such as Dr. Scum). And even if none of us know what happened, I do believe he's not a good person based on what other celebrities have said about him. I'm sorry, but he just looks and comes off as a total sleaze and slimeball. :peasants:

Here sis to calm your nerves 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

This triggers me even more. I'm an Apple Music kinda gal, Luv. :peasants: Wait, why is this lowkey better than the actual song?! Though, the song is already so short, but then they go ahead and make it even shorter. :donewithit:

Hahaha Apple is cleaner and I have an iPhone so I really should have it but Spotify has the year-end customized playlists I love so much and yeah this remix slaps. I wish I could say the same of Levitatings :peasants:

• Haha 2

I don't believe Kesha. Do I think he was harsh to work with? Absolutely. This business is brutal, but I believe she wantes out of her contract with him because he was difficult to work with. When he wouldn't allow that, she made up the ****** assault claims. I believe she is going to lose in the eyes of the law. As for Luke, I'm sure he's a terrible person but I don't believe he ***** her.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stefani said:

So she's indirectly defending a rapist? Truly the white Nicki Minaj.

oHD63tF.gif

Reading comprehension won't hurt... 

Katy said she feared speaking up in defense of Dr. Luke because she worried she'd be labeled “the one woman that is against women.”

"It sucks when you know both of the players I can only speak for my own experience, and my own experience [with Gottwald] was a healthy one."

• Love 1

You cant blame ehr for what she is saying. She is not defending him but she is not saying he is completely innocent. She just talking baout how things went for her and that's not a problem.

I feel like people wants Katy to say bad things about Dr luke when she didnt even felt threatened by the guy....

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block